Star Wars – Empire Strikes Back, The (Hankin 1980) Sound Mod v1.8

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    vanlocke
    Participant
      @vanlocke

not working:

D:/Visual Pinball/Tables/___ vpinballX/ Star Wars Empire Strikes Back, The (Hankin 1980) MOD v2.2.1

I tested 2 other tables in subfolder, same result.

D:/Visual Pinball/Tables/___ vpinballX/

=> working

xenonph
      Participant
        @xenonph
        MemberContributor

Perhaps it is because you are keeping the table in a folder and adding it to another folder.

Not real sure about this but I think if the path to something is too long, it might not work.

If this is your path to the actual table…

D:/Visual Pinball/Tables/___ vpinballX/ Star Wars Empire Strikes Back, The (Hankin 1980) MOD v2.2.1/Star Wars (FlasherPicSoundMOD) Empire Strikes Back, The (Hankin 1980) v2.2.1.vpx

Any tables with long names inside of folders with long names also, and then put inside other folders is bound to make the path too long.

This is true when trying to zip up stuff and unzip stuff also. If the path is too long it wont unzip.

Try shortening the name of the table to “EMP” and then see if the FastFlips work. I bet it does.

Some authors only zip up there tables in folders when they are including other items in download, this does not mean you move the folder to your tables folder. You only need to move the table to table folder. Unless instructions come with table telling you not to do this.

I imagine that you also copied the other 2 tables you tried with folder also, and I also imagine that the folders name and name of table are very long.

Now you know why it isn’t working for you. The paths to these tables are way too long if you put them into your tables folder, then __vpinballx folder with the original folder that the table was downloaded in.

Rajo Joey
        Participant
          @joey2001

Hi,

thanks for the mod. Really good table.

But I have the same problem with the flippers as vanlocke. With solenoids=19 flippers don’t work.

So I change to solenoids=1 and everything is OK.

And my tables are always directly under the path /tables.

I test regular the file- and pathlength with this program:
          http://www.parhelia-tools.com/products/pathscanner/Download.aspx

1 user thanked author for this post.
          xenonph
          Participant
            @xenonph
            MemberContributor

Thank you Joey2001!!

I guess I will remove that version until further testing can be done.

It actually works for me. As soon as NFozzy told me to change it to 19 in his FastFlips topic, it worked. So I just figured it would work for all. Guess I was wrong. I still don’t understand why it works for me and nobody else?

Do the fastflips on this version work for anyone out there? Or just me?

Very strange. Are you sure you have the latest VPX10.4 version installed that just was moved out of Beta phase?

I am sure NFozzy wouldn’t tell me to change it to 19 if it didn’t work for everyone including himself.

I even moved table to table folder and fastflips still worked for me. matter of fact I can put table in any folder and fastflips works.

Rajo Joey
            Participant
              @joey2001

Yes, I have the latest version (no beta).

But with all tables I tested, I have no difference with fast flippers on or off. Maybe my PC is fast enough.

I don’t know. :wacko:

xenonph
              Participant
                @xenonph
                MemberContributor

I just tried this out with F11 to see if there was a difference.

There is a huge difference!!

Without the FastFlips or “UseSolenoids=1”

The speed of left flipper averages in teens. Lowest it got was 3.2 I think.

Capture

With the FastFlips or “UseSolenoid=19”

The speed of left flipper averages between 0.4 and 0.8, with 0.8 being the slowest!!

Capture2-1

There is a huge boost of speed on the flippers!!

Jesperpark
                Participant
                  @jesperpark

I’ll give this a run tonight as well, I guess a good question that Loafer brought up is are we not seeing visually a big difference due to hardware/monitor limitations?  That and can people actually see the difference, or is it just more of a feeling like the response time is better?

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

As released with useSolenoid=19 I see very fast flippers. Setting it to 2, nothing happens, 1 I guess average is around 15 or so.

So, yes, table as released works for me without any modification.

Jesperpark
                    Participant
                      @jesperpark

Just reporting back, with this latest release no other mods other than what Xenoph already did to script i get 2.3 seconds consistently.  Using his older version before fast flips i get 19.3 seconds.  So seems to work really well, now can i see the difference other than the numbers…I don’t think so.  But it does seem to feel more responsive when playing a game so that’s very encouraging.

BTW like the new mods Xenoph, really adds to this game

xenonph
                      Participant
                        @xenonph
                        MemberContributor

Thank you my friends!!

I was really starting to worry that this table was not working for anybody!!

Nothing worse than a table that doesn’t work how it is supposed to!!

Perhaps the reason it is not working for a couple people will be revealed in the close future.

I would like to be able to tell people why it is not working for them, but this FastFlips is kind of new to me, and it was so simple to implement, I just figured it would work for everyone. Like I said, I only changed UseSolenoids=1 to UseSolenoids=19 as the “vpmInit Me” was already in table script.

And there is nothing worse than not being able to help people get your table running correctly.

It makes me feel useless!! I am not sure why it doesn’t work for Joey2001, but I am sure Vanlockes problem has to do with path being too long to table, because it works for him when he doesn’t add it to a subfolder.

Hopefully I will get this sorted out for you Joey2001 and get it working for you!! As this flipper response upgrade by NFozzy is really a huge boost to speed of flippers. No it won’t make your reflexes any quicker, but flippers yes!!!

In the meantime, anyone having dead flippers after starting game can change “UseSolenoids=19” back to “UseSolenoids=1” on Line 9 of table script.

Thank you all for the feedback and info!!

I will strive to get this working for everyone!!

kino412
                        Participant
                          @kino412

I love this table! But has anyone else noticed that the very top (Tie Fighters) far right lane is too big for the ball? Sometimes the ball will go down that lane without tripping the trigger. Is this how the real machine was? Or am I doing something wrong that has caused this issue. I verified that this happens using the debugger.

xenonph
                          Participant
                            @xenonph
                            MemberContributor

I actually found this same problem and tried to address it.

if you look at changelog..

Version 1.3 had these extra Rollover Dividers

Version 1.3

Added lane dividers to sides of upper rollovers.(They seemed to be missing and allowed for rollover to not be hit when ball traveled through outer lanes.)
                            I just copied and pasted the same dividers that were already made for inner upper rollovers.

And in version 1.7

Version 1.7
                            Removed DOF call from script for Bumpers 5 and 6 so they are like 32assassin had them originally.
                            Removed upper outside rollover lane dividers as the original table did not have them.

I agree and don’t like it when ball travels through that lane and doesn’t activate rollover.

But it has nothing to do with anything you may have done or not done.

kino412
                            Participant
                              @kino412

lol, xenon, we just see each other everywhere, I was the one talking to you about Harry Potter. That’s so funny! Ok cool, maybe I’ll try the older version, I missed that in the changelog. Thanks!

Mark70
                              Participant
                                @mark70

I missed the last one or two updates, It looks and sounds awesome!
                                Thanks again.

xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

Just updated table to Version 2.3.

Version 2.3
                                  Moved plunger activated sounds to trigger in plunger lane.
                                  Lowered GI lights height from 5 to 1 on lights around drop targets and lower bumper slings, as it looked like cutting into drop targets and pegs.
                                  Raised drop targets from -10 to -3 so now tops are seen when in dropped position.
                                  (I didn’t want to start from scratch with 32assassins newest table, so I just adapted a few of his things to this table.)
                                  Changed kickers from red KickerHole to metal KickerCup.
                                  Added reflections to playfield.
                                  Changed material and color on rubbers.
                                  Changed pegs to metal material.
                                  Added 9 different FS Backdrops toggled with F Key.(Similiar to Battlestar Galactica mod)
                                  Can also use options at top of table script, to save option.
                                  Added 5 different colors to GI Lighting toggled with 2 Key.
                                  Can also use options at top of table script, to save option.
                                  (Default GI Color is white. 1=Red 2=Blue 3=Green 4=Purple)
                                  Added JPSalas GI Effect activated by drop targets, bumpers, and ball release to plunger.

I added a second set of GI lights, because I couldn’t get the first set to work with GI Effect.

Hope you like the updates.

arconovum
                                  Participant
                                    @nicholaschristopher
                                    MemberContributor

thanks xenoman.. will try this later on today for sure!

diasjmauricio
                                    Participant
                                      @diasjmauricio

Maravilhoso!!!

Ainda não conhecia esta mesa. Trilha sonora emocionante!

Excelente trabalho.

Wonderful!!!

I didn’t know this table yet. Exciting soundtrack!

Excellent job.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?