Star Wars (Gottlieb 1978)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Version 1.1 uploaded,   :yahoo:

added the option to add initials to the high score sticky, on by default can be turned off in the script

DOF config final, arngrim has it in the database should all work (once you update your configs)

minor fixes and improvements

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Dof! Yay!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

senseless
        Participant
          @senseless

Thanks for the new version, works very nice and really like the initials with the highscore. Updated the config and now we have lights! The contactors don’t seem to work with my cab. Am I doing something wrong or should it be like this?

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

I honestly have no idea as I don’t have DOF (yet).  @randr Are your contactors working?

Jesperpark
            Participant
              @jesperpark

Contactors are working on my rig, latest DOF config installed?  If not I know there was a script i believe that Arngrim wrote for using DOF on EM tables like this without an actual rom.  If you don’t have that installed you will get lights but no flipper feedback.  I’m sure somebody can use proper “computer terms” to explain this better and where to get it.  I did a fresh install of 10.1 to get mine working correctly

Bob Albright
              Participant
                @bobalbright

Thank you for the update which includes Initials with the high score!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

senseless
                Participant
                  @senseless

Thanks guys, I’m probably just forgetting something. Installed the latest config and am running 10.1. The leds are working fine so the b2s server is also running. Other tables run just fine with the contactors. I will google some more on additional things I need to install as this EM is not running on a rom.

@BorgDog
                  : full DOF is awesome. I’m now running with contactors since a couple of weeks and never wanne go back. It is far more realistic and fun to play :).

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Yes contactors work. Double check your controller.txt if they don’t

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                    Participant
                      @jesperpark

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33453

This is what i was rambling about earlier. I found this when i first downloaded Hi Score Pool, same problem for me with that one, lights would work but not the contactors.

Once i got the proper controller.vbs everything worked correctly

Chapel
                      Participant
                        @chapel78

Yes contactors work. Double check your controller.txt if they don’t

That did the trick for me. Thanks, Randr. Had forgotten to put the 1 back in i guess last time I saved it. So in case you guys are wondering, go into the user folder and edit the controller.txt file. To enable a function just change the 0 in that line to a 1. Love the table but so far only got about 126k as my high score but gladly displaying it on the tape (which I love you added it). Thanks for the table.

Scotty VH
                          @scottt
                          ModeratorMember

I really like the use of the strip of masking tape for the high scores vs. the more commonly used Post-it Note.  Masking tape was the way this job would have been done in the seventies!

senseless
                          Participant
                            @senseless

Grrr tried many times but did not succeed yet in a killer highscore :(. Thanks Randr for pointing me to the controller.txt file to activate the contactors, it works fine now.

Mark70
                            Participant
                              @mark70

Great table and fun to play.
                              Is it possible to reduce the volume of the chimes?

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

Couple way to reduce the chime volume, you can either export and edit the sounds to a lower level in something like Audacity then re-import, or you could edit the script for each of the lines that plays them and add volume that way.  Example would be

Current:  PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“bell10”,141,DOFPulse,DOFChimes)

With Volume control: PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“bell10”,141,DOFPulse,DOFChimes), 0, .5

With the .5 at that being the volume level control, 1 would be the same as no adjustment, 0 would be no volume, so you would have to play with it to find what you like.  If I remember if I do an update I’ll add a global variable that you can adjust at the top of the script, but have no plans at this time for an update in the immediate future.

There is Bell10, Bell100, and Bell1000 chime sounds so would need to do all 3.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                BorgDog
                                Participant
                                  @borgdog
                                  MemberContributorvip

OK, disregard last post.  I went ahead and added a variable to the script so you can adjust the chimevol.  It’s in the options section of the script starting at line 105.  less than 0.1 gives the best volume adjustments, don’t know if it’s a log scale or what, but feel free to use whatever you want.

I also added in scripting for MechanicalTilt for those of you that may have tilt bobs in their cabinets, or for the rest if you just want to tilt the machine hit T (default).

Version 1.2 is uploaded.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                  Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

Thank you very much for the update.
                                    Great to have a global chimevol control in the script now.
                                    Thank you also for the post before, with the explanation regarding how to adjust it by editing the script.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

thanks for the update!

********************************************************
                                      for IOS and Android

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

dammit! every time I update I get portrait settings! grrr!!!! lol!!!

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

dammit! every time I update I get portrait settings! grrr!!!! lol!!!

Well, now you get another.   :bye:  minor fix, forgot to re-enable slingshot on new game if tilted on last ball.. or something like that.  v1.21 uploaded

Ben Logan2
                                          Participant
                                            @benlogan2

Just want to thank you guys again for an amazing original. How did you do the lettering on the pinball specific decals? Matches the comic so nicely.

Also, the flipper action feels great on this table.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 73 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?