Star Wars Trilogy (Sega 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    kds70
    Participant
      @kds70

Just a very nice cool playing and looking table. Thank you very much 32ass.

Same problem here as @vogliadicane told already.

Btw. i had to adjust the “y plunger position” to 2100 because my manual / analouge plunger didn´t like the stock setting.

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Nate
      Participant
        @nkachelmeyer

Great work as usual 32! I always enjoy your tables. I am having major ball stutter on this one though, especially when all the lights are flashing. When running table it doesn’t seem like my cpu or gpu are taxed at all. Can run pretty much all VPX tables smoothly. Anybody have any suggestions?

VPX _10.6.0_Rev3582 video settings

3 screen mini-cab 23", 19", 10" - Win10(64bit) i7 2600 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 1060 6GB
        force exclusive fullscreen mode in 1080p

32assassin
        Participant
          @32assassin

This table is cooler than I expected (never played the real one). Thanks 32.

I had, that after shooting the ball with the X-wing fighter between the drop down targets, the ball had vanished and the ball rolling sound continued in a loop. The “kick out everything” routine couldn’t find it, too…

the ball rolling sounds on a loop more then likely means that the “ball fell of the table”

witch means more then likely the ball never hit the kicker and this might be a problem with the VP 10.6 primitive PF

do me a favor

hide all the objects over the 5 kickers

make the kickers visible

add a wall over the primitive hole height = 0   bottom= -1

Capture

and see if this fixes the problem.

because I  moved the kickers to the center of the PF

threw balls at it and the code is working as it should , the only thing I can think of changing is the delay “2500”

for a faster kick out at the metal scoop.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

stuntcat
          Participant
            @stuncat

Great table , Thanks, is anyone having trouble getting the ball in the top scoop/saucer ? I havn’t got it to stay in once.

onegentleman
            Participant
              @onegentleman

your recreation looks great and plays excellent as well, thanks

vogliadicane
              Participant
                @vogliadicane

do me a favor

hide all the objects over the 5 kickers

make the kickers visible

add a wall over the primitive hole height = 0 bottom= -1

Capture

and see if this fixes the problem.

because I moved the kickers to the center of the PF

threw balls at it and the code is working as it should , the only thing I can think of changing is the delay “2500”

for a faster kick out at the metal scoop.

will test this tonight

jbg4208
                Participant
                  @jbg4208

Can confirm, this does work.

kds70
                  Participant
                    @kds70

made this wall too. it works … :yes:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

32assassin
                    Participant
                      @32assassin

can you try this version

I did some testing by replacing the 5 kickers with a single trigger

it now has a subway sound as it suppose to

code is working on debug mode

https://www.dropbox.com/s/287evkti4c3yjmz/Star%20Wars%20Trilogy%20switch%20mod.vpx?dl=0

and if you want keep your current version until I upload the updated version

go to layer 2

kicker sw46a  and Trigger1 are on the wrong ramp  they should be on ramp4 not ramp16

vogliadicane
                      Participant
                        @vogliadicane

^^ for me, this version works, too…

Edit: wrong: had a multiball mode (Chewbacca ?), the new ball wasn’t shot out, did it manually, it appeared on the playfield, but then looping ball rolling sound and search for a missing ball, when the last real one drained…

32assassin
                        Participant
                          @32assassin

kickers it is then,  updated version 0.99 is up

vogliadicane
                          Participant
                            @vogliadicane

It works ok for me, but:

If you have the Tie Fighter Targets completed on the right (all lights off), you have two ways to get to the X-Wing; left over the ramp or over the kicker on the top right.

It works correctly for the left ramp (that’s how I did it so far). But something goes wrong over the kicker hole. The ball is shot out but lands again (instead of the X-Wing) on ​​the playfield. Think that a diverter to choose for playfield or X-Wing is not triggered correctly.

32assassin
                            Participant
                              @32assassin

I’m not sure I follow when you say shot out but lands again.

are you saying that when

you hit the kicker  (red  arrow)

and the ball is shot up the wire ramp ( blue arrow)

the magnet is suppose to grab the ball and move it to the left ramp ( green arrow)

the ball rolling down the left ramp (pink arrow)  is suppose to follow the yellow arrow into the X wing shot

where is is failing?

Capture

the diverter is solenoid controlled,  if it was not working the ball would never make it to the X-wing kicker.

you can hide the X-wing and make the flipper visible

this is what I did when I asked for feedback to see if everything was working.

the table was available since November

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/star-wars-trilogy/

I pretty much have Monopoly finished but I might jut play it for a few months and work out the bugs before I release it.

this table ( including Jps WOW version) has issues with the water works  flipper

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              vogliadicane
                              Participant
                                @vogliadicane

I’m not sure I follow when you say shot out but lands again.

are you saying that when

you hit the kicker (red arrow)

and the ball is shot up the wire ramp ( blue arrow)

the magnet is suppose to grab the ball and move it to the left ramp ( green arrow)

the ball rolling down the left ramp (pink arrow) is suppose to follow the yellow arrow into the X wing shot

where is is failing?

Exactly at what you discribed. Probably the first event with the magnet. Instead of rolling the way, you discribed it takes the complete blue way.

jbg4208
                                Participant
                                  @jbg4208

I had the same issue but increasing the power of the top kicker (Red Arrow) from 10 to 15 resolved it for me.

The only other thing that I see from time to time is when shooting back up the Falcon ramp(Blue) the magnet does not catch the ball when the green xwing light is lit.  So the ball goes on around and come back to the right flipper and the table thinks the ball is in the Xwing and is asking you to shoot the gap in the drop targerts. Strange thing is, it’s not all the time. I reduced the flipper strength a bit and it seemed to help some but not all the time. It’s odd, almost like the magnet is not active the first time the ball is shot up that ramp.  It’s not keeping me from playing it though. Great work on this 32!

wrd1972
                                  Participant
                                    @wrd1972
                                    MembervipContributor

Really glad to see this table get some updating. Many thanks 32.

Would it be possible for you to provide a line of script or two. So that the “launch button” is also tied to the “lockbar” button many of us have on our cabs? I just want to use the lockbar button to fire the x-wing.

Might also be nice to add this to the script on your next reavion too. maybe just commented out for the folks that dont have a lockbar button.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

vogliadicane
                                    Participant
                                      @vogliadicane

@jbg4208 I think we both describe the same problem

32assassin
                                      Participant
                                        @32assassin

if the ball is failing at the green arrow  the magnet is not catching and destroying the ball

the switch (magnet) stretched out to fill the ramp is not covering the ramp surface

I added more magnets (star triggers)  hopefully one will catch the ball no matter what the ball speed is

please test it before I upload it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt2a92h67rzrmff/Star%20Wars%20Trilogy%20%28Sega%201997%29.vpx?dl=0

kds70
                                        Participant
                                          @kds70

Hi @32assassin:

Thanks for your pretty support.

Tested your last version you´ve posted above. I don´t know this table really good; but i think your solution with more triggers is working.

But, another problem occured (didn´t appear with the previous versions):

After a while playing i´m not be able to shoot the left ramp anymore (jubba mission, must shoot this ramp 3 times for example). the ball leaves the ramp and returns in the half way at the left outer ramp / outlane. also – later in the game – i´m not be able to build those “falcon” inserts because the left ramp shots didn´t register.

Noticed these lines in your new script (lines 89 … ) :mail:

the fat lines are really right ? i turned them to false and the ramp issue worked then for me.

Sub SolRampMagnet(Enabled)
                                          If Enabled Then
                                          Magnet.Enabled = True
                                          Magnet1.Enabled = True
                                          Magnet2.Enabled = True
                                          Magnet3.Enabled = True
                                          Magnet4.Enabled = True
                                          Else
                                          Magnet.Enabled = False
                                          Magnet1.Enabled = True
                                          Magnet2.Enabled = False
                                          Magnet3.Enabled = True
                                          Magnet4.Enabled = False
                                          End If
                                          End Sub

Greedings, Kai

32assassin
                                          Participant
                                            @32assassin

they should be false

updated version is up same link

can you please give me trigger numbers (names) that are not registering,

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?