Star Wars Wedgehead

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    StevOz
    Participant
      @stevoz

Nice BD have you ever thought of the older woodrail style, I really like the looks of this VP build for example…

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=1864

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

I’ve seen a couple of those builds, they are pretty cool, but doubt I’d ever want or have a woodrail.

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

Because I’m a goof…  :yahoo:

2016-07-31-13.05.08

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Lol. I like it  B-)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

Couple progress shots.  First one just after the black on the x-wing, one more red shot to go tomorrow after all this sets, other side is at same progress.  Empire symbol is on upper corner of backbox.  F’ed up the rebel symbol on the other corner so had to clean off and going to try again.  Managed to get the black on both tie fighters off a bit, but did good on both x-wings  :unsure:  I can live with it  :-)

2016-07-31-16.46.38

2016-07-31-17.19.31

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

Got the other blast/beam/shot/stripe on the main cabinet this morning (no pic, later) also mounted the monitor and glass in the backbox today, testing it out.  sorry for the crappy pic, sun coming in the window behind…

2016-08-01-13.01.28

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

And don’t you just love it when your kids are finally able to stand on their own 2 4 feet?!

2016-08-01-17.48.12

side rails just resting there at the moment to test the lockdown bar (it works!) Still need to cut off 4″ of the side rails and make new, lower holes for the flipper buttons, the holes that are there would run into the TV, so the front will be cut off to the same curve and new holes made lower down, possibly half below the side rails.

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

The only lights that will be on the cab.

edit, those are the only buttons besides the flippers as well.

IMG_20160801_204441

HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

The only lights that will be on the cab. edit, those are the only buttons besides the flippers as well.  

I hear that big daddy… nice and clean!!!!

Jodannar
                      Participant
                        @jodannar

Really like the styling on this cabinet. Great Job Borg

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you this urgent news bulletin, the arrow has landed, I repeat THE ARROW HAS LANDED!  Golden Arrow that is.  I’ve had a strange obsession with this machine for some time and found one it decent shape for a reasonable price, just entirely on the opposite side of the country.  It’s been about 2 weeks since I bought it and it took a few days to setup the shipping, but today it got delivered to my house.  This will of course impact the speed of Star Wars wedgehead build.   :yes:

Other than being totally, disgustingly filthy, it is in very good condition.  The backglass has just a tiny bit of flaking, there are only two small spots on the playfield that show any wear; one where the left flipper rubbed the table for a while, and the other under the floating mylar under one of the pop bumpers where accumulated dirt wore through the paint.  And just as good is that almost everything is functioning properly!  The only thing I found after playing with it a while that didn’t work was the star rollover in the middle that is supposed to move the arrow does nothing, may be a simple switch adjustment.  I only “played” 2 balls as the dirt is awful and didn’t want to grind it in any more than it already has been, but I did test everything manually with the glass off.  A few parts to order, new rubbers, lane guides, plunger spring and other misc things.

And yes I am going to strip this down to a bare playfield, clean it thoroughly, scan it and update my VPX build of Golden Arrow (that I pieced together the playfield from a bunch of crap images).

Here’s a couple quick pictures of the machine, and one with it’s new friends.

2016-08-03-17.06.30

2016-08-03-17.06.22

2016-08-03-18.31.11

Sliderpoint
                          Participant
                            @sliderpoint
                            MemberContributor

Scan those plastics while your at it.  Those redraws were rough.     GA is a good looking pin.  In 74 they had Big Indian/Brave, which had nice playfield art and goofy ass backglass art.  It’s nice to see by 77 they had them both looking good.

-Mike

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

Absolutely scanning the plastics, even the chipped one, once I clean them up.  A couple  are slightly warped as well, but not too bad.

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

Scan those plastics while your at it. Those redraws were rough. GA is a good looking pin. In 74 they had Big Indian/Brave, which had nice playfield art and goofy ass backglass art. It’s nice to see by 77 they had them both looking good. -Mike

excuse me?… goofy ass?…how dare you…..lol
                                I say this because when I was a kid I had Big Brave…. all kidding aside, I really did like the more comical BG’s like big brave and fastdraw
                                too each there own

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

Scan those plastics while your at it. Those redraws were rough. GA is a good looking pin. In 74 they had Big Indian/Brave, which had nice playfield art and goofy ass backglass art. It’s nice to see by 77 they had them both looking good. -Mike

excuse me?… goofy ass?…how dare you…..lol
                                  I say this because when I was a kid I had Big Brave…. all kidding aside, I really did like the more comical BG’s like big brave and fastdraw
                                  too each there own

Borg that game room is lookin sweet man… you can really see the size difference in the wedge heads in that pic…

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

Made some progress on the Star Wars cab today, want to get it put together before I get too deep into Golden Arrow, also need it out of the shop so I have room to work on Golden Arrow.

Started the day with an oops. Was drilling holes for threaded inserts that I am going to use to bolt the backbox to the cabinet, and my bit stop slipped  :cry:

A little patching to do, fortunately through no graphics, so will just get black.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

OUCH! but i know you can fix that

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

Then it was on to flipper and plunger holes, both of which I was nervous about messing up.  Spent a lot of time the other day making some mock-ups and testing with the playfield monitor to make sure I had clearance.  Both the flippers and the plunger needed to be lower than normal, the plunger quite a bit.

Fortunately my cabinet is 4″ shorter and hence I needed to cut 4″ off the side rails so they would fit, as the buttons go through the side rails.  here is my tracings on where it is going compared to the original piece.  I cut the end off one of the rails and ussed it as a template to replicate the curve.

2016-08-05-16.12.29

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

And here it is cut and drilled with the flipper button stuck in place.  the plunger is also in place but upside down in this pick as I know it will clear that way, maybe clear right side up.  I mounted the one in Vulcan upside down to try the feel of it, and really don’t notice the angle difference.

2016-08-05-16.32.05

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

And here is Pinball Pool side just to compare the two.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 176 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?