Stars (Stern 1978)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/stars-stern-1978/

table was built on VPX 10.6.exe

Artwork rebuilt from Martin Brunker resources. Big thank you to Francisco666 for the help.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Total of 56 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I’ve been hoping for Stars and Dipsy Doodle for a long time. I hear this is a famous table for being a drain monster ? Thank you so much for creating it for VPX @32assassin ! :heart:

1 user thanked author for this post.
        bjschneider93
        Participant
          @bjschneider93

This table is supposed to be an ass kicker. Can’t wait to try it. Thanks

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

In my book this is an all-time classic game and one I had hoped to build someday. Thanks so much for putting it together.

monza
            Participant
              @monza

Great work, been waiting on this one.

Two small issues however, firstly the right outlane is too narrow for the ball to fit down. Not sure about the left yet but looks similar size. The second issue is there appears to be a weird circle around the ball, especially when around the dark shaded areas of the playfield.

dazzadasha
              Participant
                @dazzadasha

Great thanks 32.

Bladeof
                Participant
                  @bladeof

Never played this before. Like it very much, Thanks for bringing it to VPX 32A.

monza
                  Participant
                    @monza

Thanks for the quick turnaround on the update to fix the right outlane!

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

never played any of these 4 tables, Thanks for all the hard work! :good:

Teahaus
                      Participant
                        @teahaus

Great to see this one……..has become a favourite at Pinburgh the past few years.  Only issue I have is that it seems to require a very forceful hit to get the various stars active.  Is there a way to change the force needed to activate the stars?  I never seem to be able to get more than the one freebie active, even when I’ve hit others.  Maybe I just suck at the game……. :unsure:

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks for the update and fixes.

Erzak
                          Participant
                            @erzak

Wow! Thank you so much!  I just played this last night at ZapCon, had never seen it before and decided to search for it today.  The person who brought it to ZapCon is selling it for $1100, was very tempted but I don’t have physical room for it at the moment.

naeromagus
                            Participant
                              @naeromagus

Man 32, your really kicking some a** in these VPX releases thanks for all that you do  :good: c

remy
                              Participant
                                @remy

Thank you 32assassin

Mongi
                                Participant
                                  @mongi

Wow, I have the real one and this place just like it excellent job 32. I do have one problem I have no sound at all if I go into the table sound Manager all the volumes are on zero and if I hit the play button  nothing happens. Any suggestions?

wAxx333
                                  Participant
                                    @waxx333

Lower Star Targets not working, getting various reports on this lately, can we check those please?

BorgDog
                                    Participant
                                      @borgdog
                                      MemberContributorvip

Lower Star Targets not working, getting various reports on this lately, can we check those please?

everything on my copy works EXCEPT for the lower left stand up target, sw24, which did not have “Has Hit Event” checked. I may have missed something but I think I tested it all.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      johnyyJM
                                      Participant
                                        @johnnyjm

Thank you so so much, my family bought one second-hand in 1982ish.

It was sadly sold soon after. I only just worked out the name of the table from a listing  on ebay.

Awesome job looks and sounds great!

TGX
                                        Participant
                                          @tgxperience

Thanks 32a. This is a tough table that comes up at tournaments a lot.  One issue I have found is the 7,000 lamp never lights.

It should light if the green drop targets are dropped allowing you to score 7,000 by hitting the red drop target.

32assassin
                                          Participant
                                            @32assassin

Thanks 32a. This is a tough table that comes up at tournaments a lot. One issue I have found is the 7,000 lamp never lights.

It should light if the green drop targets are dropped allowing you to score 7,000 by hitting the red drop target.

I just checked the switch IDs with the service manuals and for typos and I did not see any errors.

the service manual does not have a Lamp ID layout so I checked the Light IDs  vs the vp8  and VP9  table and did not see any differences.

if their is a problem it should also be in the older tables

and its more then likely a Lamp ID error.  unfortunately I do not know the correct Lamp ID.

and it looks like that’s the error
                                            I recorded a video in attract mode
                                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptfbamjgfam512l/stars.avi?dl=0

No I recorded a video on a low end PC and it did not record a correct video

no recording and the attract mode lights match the real machine

and the attract mode pattern does not match the real table

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?