Starship Troopers (Sega 1997) V1.0

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    sheltemke
    Participant
      @sheltemke

Thank you so much! Looks and plays amazing!

Gwen
      Participant
        @gwen

Thanks, it looks and plays nicely =)  No hardware plunger support though? =(

Gwen
        - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Sixtoe
        Participant
          @kiella

Hmm, yeah, oddly enough I never playtested it on my cab, just on the desktop, the plunger is behaving differently in cab mode for some reason…

I’ve had a quick look and can’t figure it out at the moment, but I’ve got to get back to work so maybe later ;)

vothar
          Participant
            @vothar

thanks for the table.

please, can you adjust the lighting on the ‘live fire assault range’ (the one with the bug (top left), top of the ‘super nuke’ ramp) ?

it’s a lot too dark, and the bug way too small . on the original table, the size is half the size of the blue bug on the right

Is it normal that the spaceship at the top had no texture ?

see on the original table

st_org

chucky87
            Participant
              @chucky87

@hirez00 excelent your backglass you can take the animated version with and make an original version without animation

hi if you want to add in your pack a pin2dmd.pal 4 color here is one that I did. while waiting for a person to do the multi

https://mega.nz/file/us1BmTQB#5KtjZ5U1wE2Orjivizb9gV6w6IeEEqNSW48qK0xDBA8

Sixtoe
              Participant
                @kiella

Yeah, the lighting must have gone screwy with the live fire section, we’ll be putting out a fix for several things tonight and I’ll try and include that.

The primitives need to be made from scratch in Blender, embee did a great job considering he’s only just started to learn how to use it, the plan is to improve that warrior bug, the drop ship and the hopper bug at some point, but that’s not a simple job.

robbo43
                Participant
                  @robbo43

Hmm, yeah, oddly enough I never playtested it on my cab, just on the desktop, the plunger is behaving differently in cab mode for some reason…

I’ve had a quick look and can’t figure it out at the moment, but I’ve got to get back to work so maybe later ;)

Great job on the table – it’s a simple fix, just select the plunger and go to the state&physics section in the options – click enable mechanical plunger. I also upped the release speed and mechanical strength by 10 just to give it an extra pop!

The only other tweak I did was move some of the fx sounds (flipper, popper etc) from the backglass to the table in the sound manager.

Again, great job, loving all these Sega tables we’ve been getting recently.

Cheers

Rob

Sixtoe
                  Participant
                    @kiella

Thanks Rob, I’d picked up most of that thanks (mechanical sounds included) when I put it on my cabinet, glad the same fix works for you, should be fine when we update it :)
                    I’d been messing around with the plunger strength a bit, there’s a fine line between what it was and it blowing straight past the top catcher magnet!

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

You should know that putting mechanical sounds in the backglass is the worst you do for ssf users. They immediately open the sound manager and put them back in the table. You never hear pop bumpers, slingshots or whatever coming from the backglass do you ?

If you want to have the sound louder in the table. The solution is to amplify the samples.

There are maybe 2 sounds that you could argue is ok to put in the backglass. One is the knocker, the other is gi flicker sounds, a bit torn about the last one though.

TNT2
                      Participant
                        @tnt2

Thanks for the update!

Manolo / ICE
                        Participant
                          @kamerik

This is so great :D Thank you for making this awesome table. The ball rolling sounds are great. The flipper feeling is fast and with the extra flipper, it makes the game even better. Nice for the skills too . And the graphics..yeahhh :). “Would you like to know more” ? ;-) Been hoping for a long time someone would make a vpx version..So again, thank you guys :yahoo:

Sixtoe
                          Participant
                            @kiella

@thalamus The sound samples were on the backglass by accident and were never supposed to be there, just a mistake I didn’t pick up because I didn’t test it on my cabinet! (like the plunger one)

Lesson learned, onwards and upwards :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            JR
                            xphilou29
                            Participant
                              @xphilou29

thanks a lot, very nice table!

Arngrim
                              Participant
                                @arngrim
                                DOF MinisterMember

Thank you for the work and the release, this was one of the top table still on vp9 on my cabinet, now playable in vpx, great stuff :)

i have made an update of the script, with soundfx fixes, added rgb undercab action for dof, the updated script is here

nah this is not the same link as the previous post i have made to the forum, i have adjusted the script of that table as well :)

maybe you could join your forces to make one table with all the advantages? :)

script is very similar though

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/blob/master/Starship%20Troopers%20(Sega%201997)%20V1.1.vbs

eMBee
                                Participant
                                  @embee

Thank you for the work and the release, this was one of the top table still on vp9 on my cabinet, now playable in vpx, great stuff :)

i have made an update of the script, with soundfx fixes, added rgb undercab action for dof, the updated script is here

nah this is not the same link as the previous post i have made to the forum, i have adjusted the script of that table as well :)

maybe you could join your forces to make one table with all the advantages? :)

script is very similar though

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/blob/master/Starship%20Troopers%20(Sega%201997)%20V1.1.vbs

Is DJRobX adjusted “Warbug”  script in yours as well?

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

No, it is your script with added dof.

evileman
                                    Participant
                                      @evileman

Alot of great Sega tables dropping… Thankyou eMBee…and all others involved. Your work is very much appreciated!

kds70
                                      Participant
                                        @kds70

Thanks for this update – a masterpiece thank you.

Had problems with my analogue plunger setup; so at multiball the autoplunger didn´t work properly and collected balls in the shooting lane.

So i´ve adjusted y position of plunger to 2093,815 and it works :mail:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

TNT2
                                        Participant
                                          @tnt2

No one quits!

johnbymy
                                          Participant
                                            @johnbymy

Très belle mise à jour mais j’ai un souci ligne 995 dès le chargement de la table

Si je neutralise la ligne cela fonctionne mais ce n est peut être pas la bonne solution

merci

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 78 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?