Starship Troopers (Sega 1997) V1.0

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
      @theloafer

ArngrimParticipant @arngrim Offline Topics: 1 Replies: 169 Been thanked: 88 times Thank you for the work and the release, this was one of the top table still on vp9 on my cabinet, now playable in vpx, great stuff :) i have made an update of the script, with soundfx fixes, added rgb undercab action for dof, the updated script is here

I have the same autoplunger issue but with you recommended setting that didn’t work as the plunger is too high.  I’ll experiment tomorrow and see if I can find a Y position that works for me

For friends of FastFlips , I believe the useSolenoids=1 needs to be changed to UseSolenoids=15 but I could be wrong?

great job on this table, superb update!!!

Sixtoe
      Participant
        @kiella

Très belle mise à jour mais j’ai un souci ligne 995 dès le chargement de la table

Si je neutralise la ligne cela fonctionne mais ce n est peut être pas la bonne solution

merci

I don’t speak french, but it looks like you’re not using the right version of vpx, as whatever you’re using doesn’t recognise the updatematerials command. Make sure you have the last 10.6 beta;

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vpx-installer-10-6-0/

Thanks for this update – a masterpiece thank you.

Had problems with my analogue plunger setup; so at multiball the autoplunger didn´t work properly and collected balls in the shooting lane.

So i´ve adjusted y position of plunger to 2093,815 and it works :mail:

Thats odd, it worked on everyone elses, as a matter of interest did you change the POV or any other settings? I’m just curious as to why it might happen as it used to happen a lot on the old build but I thought it was all fixed. I’ll hold off on a fix until loafer and maybe a few others come back with what they end up getting working.

Sixtoe
        Participant
          @kiella

For friends of FastFlips , I believe the useSolenoids=1 needs to be changed to UseSolenoids=15 but I could be wrong?

great job on this table, superb update!!!

I might have got the wrong end of the stick here, I read that FastFlips was only for pre-solid state flippers? Happy to implement them for the next update if there’s no downsides, it makes a difference and they work but I binned it because of what I read!

And thanks :)

Sixtoe
          Participant
            @kiella

i have made an update of the script, with soundfx fixes, added rgb undercab action for dof, the updated script is here

Hi @arngrim, is the line “DOF 101, DOFOn” in GI about undercab lighting? I just went through and read it again after theloafer posted above. Because the new version has a completely different script I think it might have gotten left out, but I can add it next update if you can confirm? :)

kds70
            Participant
              @kds70

Thats odd, it worked on everyone elses, as a matter of interest did you change the POV or any other settings?

Yes – but it happens with your stock POV too. Those problems depends on each plunger setup users have installed i think; i can live with this y-plunger settings now and it works for me.

Thank you ;-)

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

LynnInDenver
              Participant
                @lynnindenver

I might have got the wrong end of the stick here, I read that FastFlips was only for pre-solid state flippers? Happy to implement them for the next update if there’s no downsides, it makes a difference and they work but I binned it because of what I read!

And thanks :)

Fastflips is, I believe, actually meant for solid state machines, to compensate for earlier lag between the emulation and flipper firing on tables that the flippers are computer controlled on the real table, and is implemented partially through VPinMAME. It really has no effect on EM recreations because EM machines don’t use VPinMAME.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Sixtoe
                Participant
                  @kiella

OK, fair enough, I was going on nFozzys original post here;
                  https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38651&page=1
                  Where he says it’s mainly for pre-solid state flipper games and doesn’t work for whitestar and later Sega games (which SST is), but it looks like that has changed now, that thread is a mess though and finding anything useful will take some digging as there seems to be lots of different versions of implementing FF, varying almost from table to table…

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

yeah I think he meant “post solid-state flipper games”. :)

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/fastflip-tables-and-info/

According to the VPM “whatsnew” txt file, it is usesolenoids=15 to use BUT it may only support the romset startrp2 so if this table uses the other rom, it may not work?

https://sourceforge.net/p/pinmame/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/release/whatsnew.txt#l4

“Implement ‘fast flips’ support for most Whitestar games: Uses solenoid 15

(apollo13, austin, Dale Jr., Elvis, godzilla, Grand Prix, harl_a30, hirolcas, id4, jplstw22, Lord of the Rings, lostspc, monopoly, NASCAR, nfl, playboys, rctycn, Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, shrkysht, simpprty, Sopranos, spacejam, sprk_103, startrp2, strikext, strxt_uk, swtril43, term3, twst_405, vipr_102, xfiles)”

I’ll try it later today. Last time I tried F11, I couldn’t get fast flip to register on the screen more than the first flip, it just stays stuck on the first one.  VP10.6 final I think…

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Sixtoe
                    Participant
                      @kiella

OK, that works thanks. It’s frustrating as you have to use the older revision romset (I’m not sure what the differences are, there’s obviously a reason for the update though), so I’m not sure if I’m going to implement it yet…
                      What I might do is put it in as a commented out line;

Const cGameName=”startrp”,UseSolenoids=1,UseLamps=0,UseGI=1,SCoin=”coin”
                      ‘Const cGameName=”startrp2″,UseSolenoids=15,UseLamps=0,UseGI=1,SCoin=”coin” ‘Fastflip Version

But I might see if I can get the newer romset supported as that’s far more elegant… ;)

LynnInDenver
                      Participant
                        @lynnindenver

Sometimes the newer roms were balance fixes and rule tweaks, and mostly to improve the machine’s quarter eating rates for operators, either making the game slightly harder, making it more likely the player will go, “one more game”, or both.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                        Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                        Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Arngrim
                        Participant
                          @arngrim
                          DOF MinisterMember

Indeed, The DOF RGB Undercab is gone from the script, here is the updated code to put it back

‘Stern-Sega GI
                          set GICallback = GetRef(“UpdateGI”)
                          Sub UpdateGI(no, Enabled)
                          ‘ SetLamp 134, Enabled ‘Backwall bulbs
                          If Enabled Then
                          DOF 101, DOFOn
                          Dim xx
                          For each xx in GI:xx.State = 1:Next
                          PlaySound “Jon_GI_On”
                          FighterLights.blenddisablelighting = 0.5
                          DropshipLights.blenddisablelighting = 0.5
                          Else
                          DOF 101, DOFOff
                          For each xx in GI:xx.State = 0:Next
                          PlaySound “Jon_GI_On”
                          FighterLights.blenddisablelighting = 0
                          DropshipLights.blenddisablelighting = 0
                          End If
                          End Sub

Sixtoe
                          Participant
                            @kiella

OK, I’ll make sure I add that into the next update :)

bushav
                            Participant
                              @bushav

Très belle mise à jour mais j’ai un souci ligne 995 dès le chargement de la table

Si je neutralise la ligne cela fonctionne mais ce n est peut être pas la bonne solution

merci

I’m only literate in English (and barely at that) but I got the same error.  I checked and indeed I am about four revisions behind on VPX6.  In my short time before leaving home this morning I just commented out that line and the table seemed to work just fine.  By doing that I got a quick look at the table without any trouble.  I may have lost some artistic improvement but it did work just fine.

Thanks for the beautiful update.

Sixtoe
                              Participant
                                @kiella

It probably means the flashers are not working properly now, I’d recommend getting it working correctly as multiball is quite the crazy light show :)

Friffy1
                                Participant
                                  @friffy1

ERROR with updatematerials as well and I’m pretty sure I’m using 10.6 final.  How can I tell for sure?

STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

Thanks, thats really a 2.0 :good:

IMG_20200528_165156

robertms
                                    Participant
                                      @mophead

***JAW DROP!*** Holy s**t, what an upgrade guys! More like a complete do-over! @Sixtoe where did you get these skills?? Brilliant work brother :good:  @eMBee these new models are simply amazing. Flupper’s ramps, shadows and flashers, collaboration with 32A and DJRob, this table just oozes refinement now. I can’t believe how good it is, many thanks and congratulations, fantastic job elevating your skills to a whole new level.

eMBee
                                      Participant
                                        @embee

***JAW DROP!*** Holy s**t, what an upgrade guys! More like a complete do-over! @Sixtoe where did you get these skills?? Brilliant work brother :good: @eMBee these new models are simply amazing. Flupper’s ramps, shadows and flashers, collaboration with 32A and DJRob, this table just oozes refinement now. I can’t believe how good it is, many thanks and congratulations, fantastic job elevating your skills to a whole new level.

The primitives and textures came from the PBA version of this table. Sixtoe changed about all the textures for those primitives. I changed the Bugsled and Brainbug primitive a lot, which was quite a struggle because i’ve just start using Blender for this project.

tomate
                                        Participant
                                          @tomate

Thanks man, it’s awesome! :yahoo:

Matt Bini
                                          Participant
                                            @mattbini

reposted to quote.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 78 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?