Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

If you guys have to delete that line. You should really spend some time to figure our why. The 10.6 final – supports the updatematerial. I’m taking this from memory, but, I believe it is a core call. If I’m right, it means you guys have polluted your install with a loose core.vbs that is overriding the core.vbs that exists in your scripts folder.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    #184538 Report
    Matt Bini
    Participant
    @mattbini

ERROR with updatematerials as well and I’m pretty sure I’m using 10.6 final. How can I tell for sure?

Hi, open visual pinball but dont load a game, goto help and then about, it will tell you what version you are using. I am using 10.6.0 and get the same error and had to delete the line 995 from the script. I wonder if it is because I have an old cpu that is not man enough for the lights show, I only have a quad core thing not a i5, do you have a powerfull cpu out of interest?

#184539 Report
    Matt Bini
    Participant
    @mattbini

If you guys have to delete that line. You should really spend some time to figure our why. The 10.6 final – supports the updatematerial. I’m taking this from memory, but, I believe it is a core call. If I’m right, it means you guys have polluted your install with a loose core.vbs that is overriding the core.vbs that exists in your scripts folder.

Thanks I will check fore any duplicate core.vbs’s.

#184543 Report
    Matt Bini
    Participant
    @mattbini

Hi Thalamus, Forgot to say thanks for being involved with the great table. I did have a duplicate core.vbs in my tables folder and deleted it but unfortunatley the error still comes up. I remember when I first started a few years back I used to get a crash on the future pinball tron table when there was an extremeley bright light in the arcade machine and once I had deleted a line in the script it ran fine but without the super bright light, I think my cpu couldnt handle it, I am guessing this may be a similar situation. But it is by no means the end of the world as the rest is working fine and it is a joy to play.

#184544 Report
    Matt Bini
    Participant
    @mattbini

Hi Thalamus, Forgot to say thanks for being involved with the great table. I did have a duplicate core.vbs in my tables folder and deleted it but unfortunatley the error still comes up. I remember when I first started a few years back I used to get a crash on the future pinball tron table when there was an extremeley bright light in the arcade machine and once I had deleted a line in the script it ran fine but without the super bright light, I think my cpu couldnt handle it, I am guessing this may be a similar situation. But it is by no means the end of the world as the rest is working fine and it is a joy to play.

Actualy just had another though I may have only updated the VPinball exe and not the core.vbs when I updated it before, I will go and copy the new core.vbs in and give it another go. Cheers will let you know how I get on

#184545 Report
    Matt Bini
    Participant
    @mattbini

Actualy just had another though I may have only updated the VPinball exe and not the core.vbs when I updated it before, I will go and copy the new core.vbs in and give it another go. Cheers will let you know how I get on

I have just reinstalled 10.6 with the oct2019 total exe file and now it works, so you were spot on right, I had an old core verision, I only replaced the visual pinball app file previously and didnt update all the scripts as well, this may also solve the issue for others with 10.6 and the error in line 995 (update all your script files). Thanks again Thalamus..

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Matt Bini.
    #184638 Report
    Matt Bini
    Participant
    @mattbini

OK, that works thanks. It’s frustrating as you have to use the older revision romset (I’m not sure what the differences are, there’s obviously a reason for the update though), so I’m not sure if I’m going to implement it yet…

What I might do is put it in as a commented out line;

Const cGameName=”startrp”,UseSolenoids=1,UseLamps=0,UseGI=1,SCoin=”coin”

‘Const cGameName=”startrp2″,UseSolenoids=15,UseLamps=0,UseGI=1,SCoin=”coin” ‘Fastflip Version

But I might see if I can get the newer romset supported as that’s far more elegant… ;)

Fantastic table thanks again, I added the fastflip line and startrp2 rom and flippers feel more responsive. Great!

#185036 Report
    Shannon
    Participant
    @shannon1

After getting another couple of games in on my cabinet, I wanted to thank everyone again that worked on this table. All of your hard work really shows!

#185252 Report
    chucky87
    Participant
    @chucky87

hello

I got scans of starship troopers I don’t think you need them yet but I will give them to you anyway.

https://mega.nz/folder/Kp8lXJ5Q#-ZWuOGEJq-fTTz0YbPJk-Q

@HIRez00 is it possible to have the original backglass in its real size? thank you

#185268 Report
    Clark Kent
    Participant
    @clarkkent
    MemberContributor

Wow! Great! But the last one is cut off at the upper and lower side – do you have a complete scan? Maybe even all scans as TIFF?

And a playfield scan would be very much appreciated.

#185994 Report
    Matteo
    Participant
    @matteo

Nice Update, thank’s :)

m.

#185995 Report
    sheltemke
    Participant
    @sheltemke

Thank you so much for the update :)

#186008 Report
    Pinbolt
    Participant
    @pinbolt

Thank you for the update.

#186060 Report
    Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

Thanks guys!

#186417 Report
    chucky87
    Participant
    @chucky87

Wow! Great! But the last one is cut off at the upper and lower side – do you have a complete scan? Maybe even all scans as TIFF?

hi sorry to answer so late. what difference is there between png and tiff? do you really need the top and bottom scan? because I think it was too big to fit in the scanner. no alas i don’t have a playfield but i will ask, know your never

#186504 Report
    Clark Kent
    Participant
    @clarkkent
    MemberContributor

hi sorry to answer so late. what difference is there between png and tiff? do you really need the top and bottom scan? because I think it was too big to fit in the scanner. no alas i don’t have a playfield but i will ask, know your never

It does not really matter if it’s PNG or TIFF – but resolution DOES matter. Please not JPEG – this also has some loss in quality. If you have a 600 dpi Scan, this would be nice.

On one of the plastics the bottom AND the top is missing. It does not matter if it’s too big to fit in the scanner – scan the whole thing in two parts, I can stitch that together. But for stitching together the resolution should be as high as possible.

#186505 Report
    DJRobX
    @djrobx
    MemberModerator

OK, that works thanks. It’s frustrating as you have to use the older revision romset (I’m not sure what the differences are, there’s obviously a reason for the update though), so I’m not sure if I’m going to implement it yet…

I’ve updated the vpinmame code to support FF for both revisions.    So the next SAMBuild will support fast flips for startrp.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW