Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Goldchicco
    Participant
    @goldchicco

Thank you to TAB (VP9) and  DevaL for the VPX crude conversion.

Vpinmame 3.3 rev 4895 or later is REQUIRED!   This table has a the Warrior Bug motor that cannot be read correctly without this code update.

I used SAMBuild r4946

This release is the result of another great team work and we are aware this release is a great start point. Table is also ready for SSF Users.

Script totally rebuilt, new mechanical sounds, new ramps, new plastics, new lighting, new playfield, new apron, new materials added, new 3D models of all Bugs and Ships (found over the internet, thanks to who share them) and much more.

Special Thanks to:

Arrestis: Playfield, Apron and Plastics re-scan

Teppotee: Lighting, GI

DJRobX: SSF and Bug Motor coding

Jasiel Estrada: Physics and mechanical sounds tweaking

Thanks to all the Admins at VP Nation for supporting another project.

This table took a great amount of time and we worked with you in mind... so please leave constructive feedback or comments in the support topic and will try to make it better.

If you are able to make some modification, please send them to me so I can upload a new version for the community.

Permission to Mod:  you must ask / get permission first.

DO NOT include any of these files with other downloads or projects without asking permission first.

All Logos, Copyrights and Trademarks are property of their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL / HOME USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE / RE-SALE OR DISTRIBUTION!

Total of 37 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
    studlygoorite
    Participant
    @studlygoorite

Well done looks, plays and feels great! Thanks

VONSENSEY
    Participant
    @vonsensey

:yahoo:

naeromagus
    Participant
    @naeromagus

Thank you for the improvements , cant wait to try this out later tonight

vothar
    Participant
    @vothar

thanks for this beautiful table.

There is a problem with the launching of ball. The table put a ball in the launching lane, and if you wait and arm your plunger, another ball is added. i even get 3 balls…. it seems that the table add ball if you didn’t launch them after a certain time (you can hear an auto ball filling clicking even if you didn’t arm the plunger)

same you get the multiball, the ball stay in the launching lane and you add balls .

Second problem : if you set the BIGFLASHERS = 0 in the script (line 23 ) , you get 2 errors at lines 493 and 494 (Warriorflash2.visible = true and warrioflash3.visible=true)

Pinbolt
    Participant
    @pinbolt

Thank you, looks perfect.

0Cool
    Participant
    @0cool

Mille grazie! Looks and plays great, thanks all. :good:

sheltemke
    Participant
    @sheltemke

First of  all this is a masterpiece,looks and plays beautiful. I read the description carefully if may i say a constructive feedback and you told this:

“so please leave constructive feedback or comments in the support topic and will try to make it better.”

So i think it’s not problem if i say what could be better.

The table itself is beautiful, the models, lightning absolute masterpiece.

The only i changed is the Slingshot power from 4 to 3 becouse with 4 from 5 ball 4 go one of the outline.

And now the feedback(graphic thing only): I think the only thing must improve is the inserts. A masterpiece table like this maybe needs better looking inserts later in an update :)

Every other thing is beautiful and lovely. Just my 2 cents and i really hope it’s not problem i said this :)

Thank you so much for the amazing table! I will play a lot.

Goldchicco
    Participant
    @goldchicco

if you set the BIGFLASHERS = 0 in the script (line 23 )

Just block those line 493 and 494 putting ‘ at the beginning of those 2 lines

‘ Warriorflash2.visible = False
    ‘ Warriorflash3.visible = False

RYSr (Rich)
    Participant
    @rysr

Wow, Nice !

koenzie
    Participant
    @koenzie

Great job! One small question, How do I get the small flipper to work with my magnasave button?

Goldchicco
    Participant
    @goldchicco

you must set you magnasave button in vpx

Attachments:
    koenzie
    Participant
    @koenzie

you must set you magnasave button in vpx

Thanks, but I have those set the same as in the picture and they work on other tables…

vothar
    Participant
    @vothar

the plunger / autoplunger /multiball are still buggy in v1.1

Pinbolt
    Participant
    @pinbolt

Is this version only for FS user?

Tested the v1.0 version, this version looks better in the DT view. Only 2-3 steps and the version looks good, not so with v1.1

PEandS1Ws
    Participant
    @peands1ws

Awesome job. The community appreciates all the effort in bringing this table to life.

@goldchicco
    is there a way to make this kickout to the right flipper more random in strength. If I wanted I could just keep flipping it repeatedly into the hole by cradling the ball and hitting it with the magna-save flipper. Not sure if it’s like that on the real machine since I have never played this in real life.

IMG_3712

Sliderpoint
    Participant
    @sliderpoint
    MemberContributor

Thanks for the upload. I know it’s a lot of work to put together a table for release.  There are a couple visual issues that I see.   First your flasher images for the flashers are floating way above the flasher objects. This is probably fine for cabinet view, but not great for desktop view.  Second is that many of your objects are missing material assignments.

My recommendations are; first ‘Enable flying around’ in the Keys preferences.  Then use those in the camera mode to look at the table from all angles to look for things out of place (ie: the flasher image heights)

Second change your editor/UI options so that the ‘Default Material color’ is crazy neon green (or some other color that really stands out).  This will make objects that are missing material assignments much more apparent.  You can also use the edit(menu)>Select Element screen to sort through your objects to find ones that do not have material assigned as they should.

-Mike

Bladeof
    Participant
    @bladeof

Thank you for another table @goldchicco. A couple of issues that don’t seem to be functioning right with the table. As part of one of the skillshots, There should be magnets at the top of the table to stop the ball above the b.u.g lanes and drop it into one of the lanes when the ball is launched from the plunger. When doing a full plunge, the ball travels completely around to the flippers and when doing a softer plunge to the top lanes the magnets still do not stop the ball. Also during gameplay I think they also should activate at certain times to stop the ball when shooting the orbit shots.

Dazz
    Participant
    @dazz

Ok, so I’ve not played this game on a real machine… Not sure if these are problems with the VPX version or if this is part of the real game as well.

1. Ramps do not seem to score Jackpots during multiball.
    2. Yellow standup target to right of right ramp does not seem to trigger when lit.

Arngrim
    Participant
    @arngrim
    DOF MinisterMember

Thank you for the work and the release, this was one of the top table still on vp9 on my cabinet, now playable in vpx, great stuff :)

i have made an update of the script, with soundfx fixes, added rgb undercab action for dof, the updated script is here

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/blob/master/Starship%20Troopers%20(SEGA%201997)%20VPN%20Edition%201.1.vbs

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW