Babies and Cue (Stern 1982) prototype WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

I have a couple tables that are in wip right now and man i need some help.  Here is the latest.  This one is for the community so i might as well share it.  Its been a bit since i was knee deep into it, but here is what needs done.

@scottt
      finished, i think, the PF, cant remember if there was something else that needed put in.

The B2s is done

If i remember, i got your bumpers in there and they look good.  @scottt was working on the uv for each bumper fo the new ones you sent.  that was a while ago.  I may be able to knock those out

as far as the lights and switches.  I believe i figured out all switches and almost all lights.  I will post media in the next posting.  The switches are all working properly and scoring properly.  There is one just above the bottom bumper that i couldnt figure out but it may be extra or the one in the center of the magnet.

Lights, the 4 rid lights at the top center are kicking my ass.  There are a couple on the sides that do”stuff”  when playing the table but its not matching up to videos i had taken online.  Its a prototype and i have seen another PF with less lights so……   I finally figured out the words by those lights so it may help

Plastics, i may never get better resources since there is only 1 in existence.  Having said that, its a repeating pattern so someone could make it and it would be good enough.  all plastics are in the table and in primitives.

the apron is easy but needs done.  Unfortunately Mlager8 just had babies and he is out for a bit.

I will soon have scans for city slickers so i would like to get this off my plate and finished if we could get help

Attachments:
      Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

bumper cap UVs, 8 is done and in there .

Attachments:
        Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

media for plastics and apron, this is the best i could find.

Table is playable with the exception of those 4 red lights in the center top

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

cap UV are done.  here is updated table

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

here is the media folder.  If anyone can replicate this plastic pattern that would be great

824f816f80c8a597d3b12c0dbbc49f1b74b14858

Attachments:
              Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

@Bord, you have inspired me sir.  I got the bumper caps done, i started a trace on the plastics but holy crap thats alot of work.  I need some advice if i should trace these and then have someone shade them, or i press on for pics cause i’m not getting scans

Latest wip attached

sx

plastic traced, needs shading now??

cue side plastic

actual pic, the best i have

actual

suggestions? :unsure:

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

Apron redrawn in Inkscape, love that program.

cuptade

bord
                    @bord
                    MembervipContributorModerator

@Bord, you have inspired me sir. I got the bumper caps done, i started a trace on the plastics but holy crap thats alot of work. I need some advice if i should trace these and then have someone shade them, or i press on for pics cause i’m not getting scans

Yeah, that is a crazy complicated redraw. At least all the left/right plastics seem to be mirrors of each other. There’s half the work taken care of. The rest… I don’t know. There are some really seasoned redraw folk on the forum but you’d have to catch them between projects. @scottt, @cyberpez, @shannon1, @brad1x, @cyclonepf (to name a few). Anyone able to take this on? Otherwise I would just take a photo of a plate of spaghetti noodles and stick it on there.

Brad1X
                    Participant
                      @brad1x

@Bord, you have inspired me sir. I got the bumper caps done, i started a trace on the plastics but holy crap thats alot of work. I need some advice if i should trace these and then have someone shade them, or i press on for pics cause i’m not getting scans

Yeah, that is a crazy complicated redraw. At least all the left/right plastics seem to be mirrors of each other. There’s half the work taken care of. The rest… I don’t know. There are some really seasoned redraw folk on the forum but you’d have to catch them between projects. @scottt, @cyberpez, @shannon1, @brad1x, @cyclonepf (to name a few). Anyone able to take this on? Otherwise I would just take a photo of a plate of spaghetti noodles and stick it on there.

Hey Tom, I have been working  on the redraw of this table (playfield and plastics) for Bord – have the playfield done, should be done with the plastics early next week. Thanks for listing me with those other talented artists!

Brad1X
                      Participant
                        @brad1x

OOPS Disregard my last post, I did not look at the topic just looked at the post with my name on it (hmm says something about my ego I suppose) the table I am redrawing is Time Tunnel.

But if you send me the PNG(s) for the plastics for Cue I can take a look at them and maybe redraw them after I finish up Time Tunnel.

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

redid the text and graphics in inkscape tonight.  Table is basically done minus the plastics and some GI

CENTER

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

Matt had babies?  Plural?  With an s? As in more than one?  :)  congrats @mlager8 !!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

He was huge you should have seen it.  it was an experiment gone wrong

Mlager8
                              Participant
                                @mlager8

Thanks JR!

Yes sir, my brand new twin pride and joy! Understandably pinball has taken a back seat as of late…

Resized_20201009_092000Resized_20201009_091955

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

Cute and congrats Matt.

Mlager8
                                  Participant
                                    @mlager8

Thanks bud!

Its been quite a trip so far

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

hey @mlager8, stop hyjacking my thread with adorable looking babies.  or atleast if your gonna do it you need to post more and proud daddy holding them.  Haha, Matt hasnt slept in two weeks…  i cant imagine twins, mine were a handful alone

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

Apron is done, very happy with how the redraw turned out.  Wish i would have learned inkscape years ago

APPIC

cue apron

JR
                                        Participant
                                          @jfr1

Matt + Sleep = not happening anytime soon.  He’s got a lifetime of miracles and blessings to prepare for now.  Nice to see something happy happening.

Mlager8
                                          Participant
                                            @mlager8

Haha thanks all, 2020 has been a shit year but this has been a miracle for the wife and myself!

@armyaviation
                                            sorry to jack your thread Tom, your apron looks great! Inkscape looks stellar and your skills are developing quickly :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?