Stern Iron Maiden table?!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Watacaractr
    Participant
      @watacaractr

Have I been asleep for a while and am I still dreaming? Has anyone seen the new Stern Iron Maiden pin? OMG, I can’t believe it. My favorite band come to life in pinball form! Ok, wishfully thinking next question, can one or more of you incredible developers crack the Spike 2 system and work on getting this table made? What does everyone think of this table?  :wacko:

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

I don’t get excited about rock band (or movie) themed tables… HOWEVER, I think Iron Maiden is one good band to theme a table because of the classic artwork.  The design of the table can be more focused on the cool art than band pics, etc… so, my personal opinion is that it could be cool.

the_greeze
        Participant
          @thegreeze

…Ok, wishfully thinking next question, can one or more of you incredible developers crack the Spike 2 system and work on getting this table made?

If it gets ported to “Stern Pinball Arcade”, you may have a shot!  :yes:

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

To the best of my knowledge. This is as far as anyone has gone, trying to crack Spike. But, well – what do I know. :scratch:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-february-17686171

Watacaractr
            Participant
              @watacaractr

Yeah, I just saw it on the Stern website… \m/ :yes: \m/ Awesome layout, Stern artists went with their own renditions of Eddie and didn’t copy exactly what’s out there already, nicely done. Not alot of toys though, but that’s ok, I’m here to play pinball anyway. @Thalamus: Thanks for the link. Wow, seems things are looking positive on Spike 2. How do you think the BG/LCD(DMD) would be set up? Are we all going to have to upgrade our backboards to accommodate the added LCD, or do you think the LCD will be implemented in to the BG with the BG graphics as, say, a border around the LCD, for those of us who can’t upgrade our backboards? Cool to think about.  :-)

CarnyPriest
              Participant
                @carnypriest

gimme tablz

tumblr_msevra9osB1qav8ifo1_250

WED21
                Participant
                  @wed21

Looks like a fun one to play! Although, for that amount of money I would expect an actual Eddie figure and not something that looks like a cardboard cutout…

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Its not like we can’t do lcd. lcd = video. Just look at evildead or the stuff that Terry’s made by using pinup. You may think that spike2 is near to be cracked. Even if it was, it is a quite beefy “machine” that it runs on. Seen suggestions on running it on a pi3. Well. Someone believes that if it runs linux then a pi is enough. :wacko:   But, well how knows. I’ve been proved wrong before :wacko:

TNT2
                    Participant
                      @tnt2

Interesting. Stern sure enjoys doing the rock band tables. Of course AC/DC and Metallica are epic (and maybe Aerosmith too) so we will see.

Still hoping they do a Jaws table at some point.

Jesperpark
                      Participant
                        @jesperpark

Interesting. Stern sure enjoys doing the rock band tables. Of course AC/DC and Metallica are epic (and maybe Aerosmith too) so we will see.

Still hoping they do a Jaws table at some point.

And movie themed tables, and vault editions, rinse repeat.

shiva
                        Participant
                          @shiva

Was a real good weekend for me, there were two tables I have wanted to do after Jungle Girl, a Alice Cooper and a Iron Maiden themed table, and I got to see both of them. Now I don’t have to do them so I can do something else. Like both machines, the stern, because it’s their new designer and it’s a “emergency” design, it’s not the stock by the numbers stern design. The Alice Cooper one though is very cool. Love the guillotine toy on it.  I was thinking of seeing him in a few months, have to get tickets as it may be the last chance to see him since he is 70 now!!!

The Maiden one reminded me of the WPC tables more than anything, which is a very nice change. We have only seen the Pro version, the higher end models will have a lot more toys on it, I personally hope it’s the Egyptian death mask from the world slavery tour (Powerslave) that splits open to show mummy Eddie. That would be so cool…

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

robwaade
                          Participant
                            @robwaade

love maiden could of done better eddie artwork looks cheaply done dissapointed on looks of table

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?