Stern Nascar to Dale Jr patch

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

Stern Nascar to Dale Jr patch

PLEASE READ!!!!  installation instructions before you ask what a diff file is or how to use it.

Dale Jr Stern is a reskinned version of NASCAR Stern.  I exported all the plastics and PF image from Requiems NASCAR (Stern 2005 ) 1.01 table

download a few Dale Jr Pinball pictures and started to re build the textures to match the Dale Jr table.

I included a missing Artwork folder.

I was not able to find the correct

Slingshot Covers

HQ resources to rebuild the TruckSide.PNG file

I included the low quality Truck.png pulled from the VP8 table. just in case anyone wants to use it.

If  I’m able tor rebuild them I will include a second zip file to this upload to complete the table.

Big thank you to JP and  Requiem for the Nascar table

and another big thank you to Tab for his HQ PF image.

edit

I built the missing artwork

download missing artwork.zip file

and import missing plastics.

you should consider the Slingshots and truck.png to be custom versions.  I did not find the original ones and I had to clone them with generic images.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

5 users thanked author for this post.
      32assassin
      Participant
        @32assassin

I tried not to make any changes to the table and code.

but I made a mistake after I created the diff file

change line 20 and 24  so that Primitive67 is listed NOT Primitive 64

STAT
        Participant
          @stefanaustria
          MemberContributor

Thank you, nice to have the “Race Trio” for VPX :yes:

CarnyPriest
          Participant
            @carnypriest

I found a couple of reference images for the instruction card. I’ll get around to it soon.

2 users thanked author for this post.
            CarnyPriest
            Participant
              @carnypriest

Ok, reference images were poor. This is my best shot. Thanks to Wildman for allowing me to pull the title from his backglass and convert to vector. And special thanks to Inkochnito for hosting the NASCAR card on which this is based.

dalejrsm

full size file is in the zip

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

thanks for the card

zip file with missing artwork as been uploaded.  Consider them to be custom images since I used generic images to clone the original images.

Andypc
                Participant
                  @andypc

Thank for this 32assassin. The only problem I am having is the plunger image is missing and the plunger is all white. I tried to import the image from the Nascar table and assign it to the plunger, but it still just white?

TommyBee
                  Participant
                    @tommybee

Thank for this 32assassin. The only problem I am having is the plunger image is missing and the plunger is all white. I tried to import the image from the Nascar table and assign it to the plunger, but it still just white?

I know it has been awhile since you posted about the white plunger, but I fixed it on my copy and wanted to share the fix for anyone else that comes along and needs it. I tried the same steps that you did, with one exception, the name of the exported PNG file in step 3:

1. Open the original NASCAR table
                    2. Open the Image Manager (press F3 while in theVPX editor)
                    3. Locate the JP_plunger_black2 asset and export it as JP_plunger_black2.png. It defaulted to JP_plunger_black.png (no “2” in the name) on my first attempt that didn’t work
                    4. Close the original NASCAR table
                    5. Open the Dale Jr. patched version of the table
                    6. Open the Image Manager again
                    7. Import the JP_plunger_black2.png file that you exported in step 3
                    8. Close the Image Manager
                    9. Select the plunger element on the table
                    10. Tap the Options button in the left toolbar to open the Options popup on the right
                    11. Verify you see “JP_plunger_black2” assigned to the “Image” property. It should be automatically assigned if you did the earlier steps correctly, at least it was in my case.
                    12. Press Ctrl+S to save the changes to the table and F5 to launch and test. You should see the plunger as expected now.

Hopefully the above steps will help other newbs like myself out!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    mccorkled
                    Participant
                      @mccorkled

Would someone mind uploading this? I tried patching it but all the new images aren’t loading in.

rocknroll
                      Participant
                        @rocknroll

Can anyone explain how to patch a vpx table this patcher seems to only patch vpt’s. I cant seem to make it patch. It only pulls up vpt files. Been trying for weeks.

CarnyPriest
                        Participant
                          @carnypriest

If you have been spending weeks on this then you will want to kick yourself when you do figure it out.

32assassin
                          Participant
                            @32assassin

To Apply a patch:

a. If you do not already have the table that the patch was created for; you will need to download that file. Read the “ReadMe.txt” file that comes with the patch download. The file should contain a link to the original file that the patch is based on.

b. Make sure that you are on the “Apply Patch” tab located at the top of the window.

c. Under “Original Table (Unmodified)”. Click on “Choose” and then select the Original Unmodified Table that the patch was created for.

c-1. if the original table is a VPX table make sure you select  “All files” from the drop down menu

Capture

d. Under “New Table Patch” click on “Choose” and select the patch file (.dif) that you want to apply to the table.

e. Under “New Table File Name”. Type in the name that you want to call your new table. Make sure that the file name ends in vpt (VPX if you are patching a VPX table).

f. Click “Apply Patch” – You will get a pop-up window indicating the location where your new file was created. This should be in the “mods” folder located in the same folder as the VPPatchXX.exe.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?