This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tthurman 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     tthurman 
    Participant

Arcade Heroes

Not that I find them offensive, but these new tables are getting busier all the time.  I’ve played a bunch of them, and I like them!

I’m pretty partial to the AC/DC one  :yahoo:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Welp seems they stick so much shit on the thing but forget about playing pinball.

TNA as comparison is “simple” AND BETTER! i bet you would re-play TNA 1000 times more the sterns :wacko:

Stern needs to focus more on pinball rather then the popularity of the theme but im a williams snob so dont listen to me :yes:

TnA_Playfielddp-premium-details-01_0

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

3 users thanked author for this post.
     freelunch 
    Participant

IMO the physical table isn’t more busy than any other fan layout tables, but the playfield art is way too busy. Hopefully it looks like less of a mess with lights on, but Stern’s trailer doesn’t show a steady wide shot with the lights on.

Draifet 
    Participant

I like the two flavours. Maybe for me the perfect balance is a table like Black Knight 2000.

Koolywiz 
    Participant

Not impressed with it.

xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

It looks like a Lord Of the Rings table but with colors and pics thrown all over the place.

Maybe they should have added a unicorn for him to ride, like during credits of first movie.

I think thats the only pic they forgot to add!! lol

tthurman 
    Participant

Welp seems they stick so much shit on the thing but forget about playing pinball.

TNA as comparison is “simple” AND BETTER! i bet you would re-play TNA 1000 times more the sterns :wacko:

Stern needs to focus more on pinball rather then the popularity of the theme but im a williams snob so dont listen to me :yes:

I agree, many times less is more.

A few of these, however, I’ve found worthy of the bling.  I already mentioned the AC/DC table, and while I also liked the Metallica one too, I think this had more to do with being a fan.  At the rate they (Stern) are going currently, it’s just another FX table.  I do see that they have to keep the younger crowd interestd though, and I also applaud them for continuing to push new pins out.

FWIW, I didn’t particularly care for many of them, Ghost Busters, Aerosmith…..etc, and while they aren’t titles I hate, they also aren’t anything special to me outside of the sentimental aspect.

Black Knight was “it” in my day, and still holds that special spot for me.  This one just fell into place for me, as it was the pinball king when I was hanging out at the arcades.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account