Sticky flippers VP10.2 & Win 7

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Al
    Participant
      @alandee

Hi, So I recently formatted my drive and decided it was time for a clean up and restructure.

Running win 7 as previously ( perfectly ), I’ve diligently re installed bit by bit, trying to keep things neat and tidy, and so far so good.

I have one problem I can’t seem to nail, and that is sticky flippers at times and across a few vpx tables.

Symptom : I play for a bit and then I’ll find a lot of lag or a completely stuck / non responsive flipper.

Tried : I’ve got filter keys and all the associated disabled and turned off, as well as saved as administrator, so it’s not that.

I’ve updated to the latest 10.2 beta without improvement.

Maybe ? : As I type this I realise I haven’t updated my DOF config for a while, and I can still try and flash my zebs plunger that I’m using for my keyboard, and perhaps I have a script still not overwritten / updated ..

Other than that does anyone have any other ideas ? Everything ran beautifully previously on the same rig, so I’m inclined to not suspect hardware .. It’s bloody frustrating though, and I’ll have another bash at it tonight.

Infact i’ll try running it within and outside of pinballX too, I haven’t tried that yet, as I was all excited about getting PBX operational again !

Thanks,

al.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I get stuck flippers if I run a table that is saved to desktop…strange. It happens. If it’s in c:\visual pinball\tables folder it’s fine.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Josh
        Participant
          @osujd

I get this too….I have Zeb’s board and see this issue randomly…it only seems to happen when I hold the flipper for a long time.  If I press the flipper I am fine…if I press and hold I get this intermittently.  Let me know if you find a solution I have tried contacting Zeb but haven’t had much luck fixing this one.

CarnyPriest
          Participant
            @carnypriest

Hi, So I recently formatted my drive and decided it was time for a clean up and restructure. Running win 7 as previously ( perfectly ), I’ve diligently re installed bit by bit, trying to keep things neat and tidy, and so far so good. I have one problem I can’t seem to nail, and that is sticky flippers at times and across a few vpx tables. Symptom : I play for a bit and then I’ll find a lot of lag or a completely stuck / non responsive flipper. Tried : I’ve got filter keys and all the associated disabled and turned off, as well as saved as administrator, so it’s not that. I’ve updated to the latest 10.2 beta without improvement. Maybe ? : As I type this I realise I haven’t updated my DOF config for a while, and I can still try and flash my zebs plunger that I’m using for my keyboard, and perhaps I have a script still not overwritten / updated .. Other than that does anyone have any other ideas ? Everything ran beautifully previously on the same rig, so I’m inclined to not suspect hardware .. It’s bloody frustrating though, and I’ll have another bash at it tonight. Infact i’ll try running it within and outside of pinballX too, I haven’t tried that yet, as I was all excited about getting PBX operational again ! Thanks, al.

Doesn’t solve your issue, but I’m just being curious. What were you hoping to gain by reformatting and restructuring your drive when your system was running everything beautifully before?

I’d say system restore or restore from a disk image backup but that advice may be a little late now that you have reformatted.

Al
            Participant
              @alandee

Hi, So I recently formatted my drive and decided it was time for a clean up and restructure. Running win 7 as previously ( perfectly ), I’ve diligently re

Doesn’t solve your issue, but I’m just being curious. What were you hoping to gain by reformatting and restructuring your drive when your system was running everything beautifully before? I’d say system restore or restore from a disk image backup but that advice may be a little late now that you have reformatted.

:) Yep, I  think I’m just old skool and prefer to start from a clean slate .. and I’ve now got a pristine up to date working backup to start back from if it all goes bad… My logic was to clean up from beta’s, scripts and the growth of vpx and vp9 tables that were becoming quite messy. I was losing track of what I had where, and what version of beta, dofconfig downloads, and scripts and VPM I was running etc.

Last night I added the latest stern vpm 2.37, and Pinmame R4127, and 2870 vpx2 beta .. and updated all my drivers .. end result : I don’t have sticky flippers any more :)

Based on Randy mentioning the desktop start, and the fact I could emulate the issue,  and I remember something like that when I tried to run PM5 without the correct scripts, I was pretty confident it was script/path related, but I had a mish mash of scripts and old installs, where I tried to keep newer betas separated, now I have a backup to roll back to before each beta install.

Every table is running buttery smooth within and without pinballX, and all is well with the world of VPin in my little neck of the woods..

Cheers,

al.

CarnyPriest
              Participant
                @carnypriest

Yeah, don’t create separate beta installs that’s just a recipe for trouble. VBS scripts are designed to be backwards compatible. I have v992, physmod5 and VPX beta all residing happily in the same folder. All tables vpt or vpx are in one folder. All use the same B2S server install. All use the same VPM dll. If you have to revert to an older beta just overwrite the existing exe, vbs, or dll with the contents of the older beta package.

I just keep track of which tables should use which exe using the front-end xml (using a form of the alternateexe tag) as that information has to be stored there for the front end anyway.

Better yet, just wait and install stable releases. It’s not like the tables that get official uploads disappear before the beta cycle ends. They’ll still be there, but I know not everyone has that patience.

Al
                Participant
                  @alandee

I know not everyone has that patience.

:whistle:

:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?