• This topic has 68 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by JR.
Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

Stern's Stingray is a classic of the late EM/early SS era. It features solid state scoring and a set of four chimes. Hit the saucers for a rotating award and build your bonus. Complete the drops to light specials, which are worth a significant 100,000.

Download includes B2S, nvram for best home settings, and an underpublished ROM for tournament settings. More about the tournament settings here.

Thanks to all the beta testers for helping me iron out the bugs. Thanks to cryptdoctor21 for his playfield work, of which I used the skeleton. Thanks to 32assassin for lamp assignment 52, which stumped me longer than it should have. Thanks to nFozzy/rothbauerw for your incredible work with vp physics.

Total of 63 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
    Mike DA Spike
    Participant
    @mikedaspike

Wow ! This already looks amazin!

Too bad that I need to wait for tommorow to be at my cab.

Thanks !

sheltemke
    Participant
    @sheltemke

Those lights are incredible man. I wish i would have your skills. Amazing job thank you so much! :good:

ashleyb
    Participant
    @ashleyb

Usual top quality from Bord!  Thanks!

LTA
    Participant
    @luvthatapex

Looks lovely, can’t wait to put it up on my cab tonight! Thanks so much!!!!!

Peter222
    Participant
    @swietlikowa

First-class quality (as usual) – thanks!

marie
    Participant
    @marie

Looks amazing, thanks for another beauty!!

rgarriott
    Participant
    @rgarriott

Looks fantastic, yet another classic with that Bord touch. Thanks again.

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

This looks amazing.  I wish I had your skills for building these tables.  I was shocked by how few images were used.  You definitely have the technique mastered.  Looking forward to a tutorial or two Professor Bord!

bord
    @bord

@armyaviation, I’ve been on a classic Stern kick since picking up a Meteor to play at home last month. Stingray specifically: I love the art, colors, chimes, difficulty. The rules aren’t complicated but there is a big risk/reward if you set up the game for 100,000 specials on the drop targets. Originally I was just going to do some personal modding but once I finished Dracula I had a pretty good template to build Stingray up from scratch in Blender. I also liked the creative challenge of lighting the table, backglass and desktop view backdrop with an oceanside sunrise.

Edit: this was a response to your original question which it looks like you amended. It was a fair question: why this game?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

Well you do great work, thanks

kds70
    Participant
    @kds70

@Bord … Boooooord :wacko: you´re keeping me away from work / restoring my real EBD playfield with those nice table releases.

Thanks – back on vpin cab now :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, leaf switches / buttons, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siems contactors / knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Schreibi34
    Participant
    @schreibi34

What can i say without repeating myself over and over!

Your stuff is absolutly top notch! Standing ovations for you and your team!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    -RpT
    Participant
    @rpt

To echo everyone else here, you rock! Thanks Bord for another beauty!!

BeachBumTN
    Participant
    @beachbumtn

Another excellent representation of your skills – it looks incredible and love playing this table,. Thank you!

JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

Absolutely stunning!!  Thanks bord!   Can only imagine what you 4k people are seeing!!

Scottacus
    Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

Excellent as always!  You’ve got a Meteor at home now to go along with your Moulin Rouge?

bord
    @bord

Darn things multiply! Always loved Meteor so I picked up a project last month. Definitely needs the boards re-pinned but is mostly working. Everyone in my house was relieved to have a 3″ flipper game. Apparently Moulin Rouge is too tough for them.

Wimps.

Al Mundy
    Participant
    @almundy

Thanks so much Bord! In 1977 and 1978 I played Stingray and Stern’s Memory Lane endlessly at the arcade by my high school. Your rendering looks and feels just as I remember. Your work is greatly appreciated!

Pinball Is My Life

JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

I’m a huge sucker for undersea themed tables.  The work done on this is astounding.  Best saucers yet and the chimes!  …guessing they play the theme to Rocky at the beginning for no other reason then ..the heck of it.  The lighting, shadows.  I feel like pulling my PF screen out and hanging it on the wall.  That would allow me to replace it with a 4k.  Much like the backglass for L-man’s Scuba – fascinating to look at.  And this has disproportionately endowed four finger scuba babes!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW