strange issue happening while building Hardbody and Party animal

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

in the early stages of building PA, I got to a point where I couldn’t add a coin to start PA.  @Thalamus ended up sending me a copy of his nvram, config, rom and a registry file.  I should have added one by one but I added all of them and never happened again.

Now with Hardbody, day three and now I can add a coin but I cant start the table.  Matt tried it and his version works.  I tried deleting nvram, new rom, went into registry under freeware.vpinmame.hardbody and deleted it, nothing.  is there another place that stores info for a specific table

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

I read somewhere that starting and stopping the table over and over is bad.  Could that be the case here and what is the fix

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Starting and stopping it without exiting VP will eventually lead you most probably into a crash. That is why you save often. Not “dangerous”. VP is great software, but, not bug free. Gets worse the more extra you add to it. Dof, Freezy, Pup, Db2S etc.

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

well @Thalamus,if you wouldn’t mind can we try the same trick as PA tomorrow, maybe this time I will replace one at a time and see if I can pinpoint the issue

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

I replaced the nvram that you gave me @Thalamus and it worked.   I tried before deleting the nvram for hardbody and that didn’t work.  What does that do and what generates it?

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Once you start a rom for the first time it doesn’t have any ram content to read. Often pinmame then acts weird. You exit and it writes memory information to disk. Then, on the next run it does see it and re-use it. And that is often when pinmame starts to behave like it should.

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

when I deleted nvram and ran the table for the first time should it not have remade the nvram file.  I assume that’s how it does it the first time you run the table ever.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

That is correct. But, you are not precise enough. You need to say, run ROM for the first time. I’ve seen several cases where nvram from a earlier run, maybe a VP9 table making troubles for a newer. Why that is, I’ve never cared to investigate in detail. Just know that sometime nvram file gets corrupted and needs to be cleaned out. Of course – loosing your highscores etc. But, then again. High scores isn’t really “valid” anyway once you change anything in a table.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Tom
                    32assassin
                    Participant
                      @32assassin

if you can’t coin up Bally or Gotlieb tables

its because you did not install this

bally_6803_gts3_nvram.zip 1.2.0

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1362

prtyanim.nv  and hardbody.nv –>  included in this pack

the all in one installer will include this for you but their are few files missing,  I suggested they be added  but it looks like they  are still missing on the AIO version 10.6

sfight2b.nv and smb3.nv  is missing and its a big problem given that many of us are running this roms because of the color projects.

if you do a clean install

you can use your current nv files (assuming everything is working for you)

Move your PINMAME folder to the desktop

and drag and drop this folders into your new installation

C:\Emulators\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\cfg

C:\Emulators\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\altcolor

C:\Emulators\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\nvram

C:\Emulators\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\roms

Reinstall Freezys and drag and drop your personal Freezys settings ini file

C:\Emulators\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\DmdDevice.ini

re install (drag and drop) all the Pinup PINMAME plugins (if you are running PINUP)

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Tom
                      Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

That’s good stuff.  Thanks @32Assassin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?