Stranger Things | Stranger Edition

• This topic has 244 replies, 75 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by nanuk.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Conehead
    Participant
      @conehead

So since the DMD no longer comes up is there a replacement DMD I can use to show the scores, etc?  Have I only solved one problem just to raise another one now?  :)

Conehead
      Participant
        @conehead

thumbnail_image

So by disabling the DMD in line 75, is that why there’s no DMD showing up in the top left now?

studlygoorite
        Participant
          @studlygoorite

If you download the pup pack the scores display on that. Other than that maybe someone else can suggest something as that is beyond my knowledge :)

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

So by disabling the DMD in line 75, is that why there’s no DMD showing up in the top left now?

You’re going to need to start doing some Google / Search the forms on how to get your UltraDMD working
            Here is the place to download the program  –UltraDMD version 1.4.16050500
            https://ultradmd.wordpress.com/download/

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

I know you said a while ago you had 10.6 installed but are you sure you installed the ALL-IN-ONE installer?  I am referring to this file, note everything it installs

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vpx-installer-10-6-0/

Conehead
              Participant
                @conehead

Thanks for the link!  It recommends installing in this path “C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraDMD\”.  Is that ok or should I install it off the root like Visual Pinball.

PS. This may be the embarrassing problem in that it wasn’t installed.  But let’s see if that fixes the problem first before you start whipping me.

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

Sorry for straying away from the main subject matter of your thread Scotty

Conehead
                  Participant
                    @conehead

Just to be safe, I will re-install with this link.  I have no external DMD installed, so I selected “DMDext support”.

Conehead
                    Participant
                      @conehead

This is the link that I would have used to install VPX:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

I followed everything step by step.

The Loafer
                      Participant
                        @theloafer

That link is included on nailbusters page (either that one or the vpforums one is good).  So not sure what’s up

Conehead
                        Participant
                          @conehead

Ok, this is embarrassing but it’s not my fault…really!  Apparently the UltraDMD wasn’t installed even though I installed VPX using the all-in-one installer as per the link from Nailbusters.  I downloaded the UltraDMD file from the link that outthere sent, installed it to the root directory, and boom…it now works.  See screenshot!

download

Thanks to EVERYONE for helping me through this.  One table down…many more to go!  What a great community.  :yahoo:

Conehead
                          Participant
                            @conehead

As a backup, I’ve now created a “Stranger Things” file, put in all the VPX and PuP Pack files, and made a README file that says:

1. Copy “Stranger Things – SE 1.47_OSB” VPX file into the C:\\Virtual Pinball\Tables directory
                            2. Copy “STLE.UltraDMD” folder into the C:\\Virtual Pinball\Tables directory
                            3. Copy “STLE” folder into the C:\\PUPVideos directory

Now if someone else wants to install this game I can help them out as well! :good:

Loganchihuahua
                            Participant
                              @chihua07

I have a fix for the Stranger Things 2-4 player Bug.  Taking Scottywics advise (thank you) i looked at the OSB lines between Harry and Stranger Things. I found where the change needs to be made

On the Stranger Things script on line 2696 paste the following from Harry Potter. Basically take line 2187-2198 from the Harry Potter Script and overwrite lines 2696 -2705 on the Stranger things Script.

You can play 2-4 players the way its meant to be.

Thanks for the great table. Hope this helps everyone!

This is what needs to be there.

Else
                              osbtemp = osbdefinit
                              'if PlayersPlayingGame = 1 Then
                              ' playmedia "","videogo",pBackglass,"",14000,"",1,10 '(name,playlist,channel,cinematic,length,nextitem,audiolevel,priority)
                              'end if
                              if osbkey="" Then
                              Else
                              SubmitOSBScore
                              end If
                              EndOfBallComplete()
                              End If
                              End Sub

4 users thanked author for this post.
                              outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator

@chihua07
                                If you’re going to paste scrip that somebody might copy
                                After you pasted it
                                Highlight it then go up to format and click on code

Loganchihuahua
                                Participant
                                  @chihua07

Thanks.  I went back and fixed it. Take care.

workerboy
                                  Participant
                                    @workerboy

A thousand thanks and thanks for this fantastic table! The whole family is passionate about the series, we really love it, a worthy representative of this table!

I would have a question, even though I adjust the volume in the script, it still plays certain sounds at the same volume. 0-100 on the scale, 100 is the loudest?

psiomicron
                                    Participant
                                      @psiomicron

Hey all! I wanted to let you know the fix the issue I had with laggy gameplay and video with this table and even on other pup packs. After trying everything everyone suggested I realized that my Geforce GTX 970 and AMD A4- 6300 processor does not play well together. I swapped out the motherboard and processor with an Intel i5 and low and behold every table, pup pack or not, runs like butter.  No more lag or video issues. So for those who have a GTX with an AMD processor either swap out the graphic card with an AMD based GPU or swap the processor with an Intel. I have spoken.

jreiman
                                      Participant
                                        @jreiman

As a simpler fix for the multiplayer ball 3 issue, just comment out the “checkwaffles()” command line (line 2703) under the “Sub CheckHighscore()” section.

'checkwaffles()

7x4x1z
                                        Participant
                                          @cookieraid

This is the gold standard for VPX! Everyone should use your table as an example of what a perfect table looks like. Everything worked right out of the box including the PupPacks. No no muss, no fuss. Everything just worked. Period. :good:

I hope you make more tables in the future.

mikebunting
                                          Participant
                                            @mikebunting

Hello all.  I have recently setup my 1st virtual pinball machine.  I have a 40″ playfield, 32″ backglass, 15′ LCD (Topper), and PinDMD3.

I have everything working on this table except the PinDMD3.  Is this the norm and to be expected on this table?  If not, how can I enable something to display on the PinDMD3.

Thank you for your time.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 245 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?