Stranger Things | Stranger Edition

• This topic has 244 replies, 75 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by nanuk.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    -RpT
    Participant
      @rpt

@Scottywic – thanks to you as always!

I set this up last night and confirm also had the ball issue on a 2-player game as per comment from @Sammyvee. Player 1 got up to 6/3 balls before I quit the game manually. Let me know if you need anything, like a video of the issue…

londo
      Participant
        @londo

is there a rule sheet?

cdnbum88
        Participant
          @cdnbum88

Hello, new to the VPX world. This looks like a great table.

I am struggling on finding the rom and back glass.

Can someone please point me to those files?

Thanks much.

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

This game has neither you will need pinup player to run this game
            http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

nolame360
            Participant
              @nolame360

Hello, same here.

any ideas to fix it? i´ll try an older version of the vpx to test where the message is coming from….

its so a nice table, but after a complete reinstallition of my cabinet, this table wont work.

Also i have a problem now, never had before. I have to name the backglasses exactly like the tables. Any ideas for that! With my older installatin there was a little bit more interpretations for the name endings (like ….bally 1995)

have a nice day

nolame360

cdnbum88
              Participant
                @cdnbum88

Thanks for that update on pinup player.

I attempted to load that and I ‘think’ I have it installed, where and what files do I put where to ensure this table works? Many directories and still feeling my way through all this.

Attempted to do the front end as well but getting errors that I need to research and address.

nolame360
                Participant
                  @nolame360

that’s not difficult, copy the stle.ultradmd to your vpin \tables Folder, also the stranger things -se…. .vpx file.

The very big folder with the videos (STLE) must be copied to your PinUPSystem\PupVideos\ (the whole Folder)

example c:\pinupsystem\Pupvideos\Stle

that’s  should be

But I have the Strange problems with the backglass directx by starting the game scripts

….could not create object ‘ultraDmd.dmdobject’

any ideas?

nolame360

Scottywic
                  Participant
                    @scottywic

@Scottywic – thanks to you as always!

I set this up last night and confirm also had the ball issue on a 2-player game as per comment from @Sammyvee. Player 1 got up to 6/3 balls before I quit the game manually. Let me know if you need anything, like a video of the issue…

yes i now have a fix for this an an update to the orbital scoreboard config. I’ll be releasing an update soon.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                    cdnbum88
                    Participant
                      @cdnbum88

I get line 1829 Active X error once I moved the files as noted above to those designated folders. Thoughts?

nhuette
                      Participant
                        @nhuette

Hi there,

I downloaded all the files for the Stranger Things table but I can‘t get it running properly. I think the problem is in the PUP-Pack. I downloaded the rar-File from the Dropbox-link and unrar-ed it with 7-zip. The problem is that all I get are (sub-)folders. I guess the .pup-Files are missing.
                        The table can be played, I get the UltraDMD but nothing else. The backglass only shows the UltraDMD upon my normal Windows desktop.
                        „Total Nuclear Annihilation“ for example runs without any problems. But there I have three .pup-Files within the PUP-Pack.

Is the Dropbox-file lacking the .pup-Files or what am I doing wrong?

Can somebody help?

P.S.: No native speaker. Sorry for that.

outhere
                          @outhere

Hi there,
                          I downloaded all the files for the Stranger Things table but I can‘t get it running properly. I think the problem is in the PUP-Pack. I downloaded the rar-File from the Dropbox-link and unrar-ed it with 7-zip. The problem is that all I get are (sub-)folders. I guess the .pup-Files are missing.
                          The table can be played, I get the UltraDMD but nothing else. The backglass only shows the UltraDMD upon my normal Windows desktop.
                          „Total Nuclear Annihilation“ for example runs without any problems. But there I have three .pup-Files within the PUP-Pack.
                          Is the Dropbox-file lacking the .pup-Files or what am I doing wrong?
                          Can somebody help?
                          P.S.: No native speaker. Sorry for that.

When I unzip it I have a folder called STLE 
                          Put this file STLE in the  PUPVideos Folder

PinUPsystem\PUPVideos

nhuette
                          Participant
                            @nhuette

That‘s exactly what I did. But in this STLE folder there are only subfolders with all the videos. There are no .pup files. In „Total Nuclear Annihilation“ there are three of them in the „tna“ folder.
                            But here not. I also can not load it in the PUP-Pack Editor. Always says „no PUP-Pack found“ when I select the „STLE“ folder. When I select the „tna“ folder („Total Nuclear Annihilation“) everything works fine. Can load the PUP-Pack into the Editor without any problems.

Can anybody take a look in the STLE folder and describe if there are only subfolders or if there are also .pup files?

nhuette
                            Participant
                              @nhuette

Here‘s what my STLE folder looks like (see attachment).

Only subfolders with video files. No files in the root folder.

Is anything missing here?

Attachments:
                              outhere
                                @outhere

There will be no pup files with this puppack

nhuette
                                Participant
                                  @nhuette

Ok. So everything should be fine with my PUP-Pack and I have to find the error elsewhere?

As I said. The table loads and is playable (on my playfield monitor) and on my backglass monitor I only have the UltraDMD (which counts the score correctly) and nothing else shows up. Just my Windows desktop in the background of my backglass monitor.

I put the vpx in the tables folder. Also the STLE.UltraDMD folder and the PUP-Pack – as shown – in the PUPVideos folder. That‘s it. Then tried to run that thing.

PUP-Packs and PinUPPlayer generally work as I can see in the working TNA table/PUP-Pack.

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

The STLE.ultradmd folder also goes in the tables folder.  All ultradmd folders go in the tables folder.  do you have any other PUP pack working?

nhuette
                                    Participant
                                      @nhuette

Yeah, the STLE.UltraDMD folder is also in my tables folder.

And, yes, the TNA PUP-Pack for instance works without any problems.

Also my PinUPPopper front end in general.

Wondering because the STLE isn‘t that of a problem. Just copy the vpx into the tables folder, copy the STLE.UltraDMD into that folder as well and unrar the STLE folder into the PuPVideos folder.

Everything done in the described way.

nhuette
                                      Participant
                                        @nhuette

Update:

I started the table right from Visual Pinball (and not Popper) and I saw the table on the playfield monitor, a black screen on my backglass monitor with some infos from the table [„Adventure Progress“ and zeros (bottom left), „Press Start to Play“, „Highscore“ (bottom right) – but only writings no graphics] and the UltraDMD (in the middle). The UltraDMD and the infos disappeared after a few seconds leaving a complete black screen on the backglass monitor. The (black) screen is called „PUPSCREEN2“.

So I rebooted my system started the table again (out of VP) and everything worked fine.

I don‘t get it. I changed nothing at all.

Update 2:

Startet Popper and then Stranger Things. Table shows up and on the backglass no screen at all. All I get is my Windows desktop there.
                                        Quit the table and popper, started Stranger Things right from VP: Table shows up, on the backglass a black screen with the described writings in the left and right and after a few seconds just a black screen with nothing at all. After quitting VP the black screen stays on the backglasd monitor.
                                        Again, no changes at all.

What kind of error is that? I have absolutely no clue.

Update 3:

It‘s ridiculous. Startet the table directly out of VP. Blackscreen problem on the backglass monitor.

Reboot of system, starting right out of VP. All graphics are shown on the backglass. No writings this time, no videos.

In both cases I have a task „PinUPDisplay“ which is „not responding“ (as shown in the taskmanager). When I exit this task through the taskmanager I can close this window. Otherwise it stads up all the time.

I‘m getting nuts. Everytime a different type how the error shows up.

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

Usually I’d say ensure you exit VP completely between loading of each table but you are saying you are exiting so not sure.  What I meant if you got any other PUP packs to work, I meant OTHER than TNA, I know you said that one worked before.

Really not certain, I mean it sounds like you do not have PUP set up properly but you say TNA works ok so that doesn’t make sense, unless you think TNA is working but you could be missing various videos, etc.

Are you sure when you downloaded PUP/POPPER that you first ensured you unblocked the files?

nhuette
                                          Participant
                                            @nhuette

I unziped them all with 7-Zip. So I think I didn‘t get any blocked files.

I also deactivated Windows Defender and created an exception for the folders „PinUPSystem“ and „Visual Pinball“.

But thanks for the help. I won‘t give up and give some tries a chance.
                                            Maybe I did something wrong with „Freezy“ and/or VLC (can that be?).

I‘ll give that a try.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 245 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?