Stranger Things: Stranger Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Great looking table, but I was just wondering if you can run this without PUP as I have this overlay while I am playing that detracts from the experience, and I too have no music playing. Is there a way to turn off the overlays and have the music play?

Edit: Sorry I forgot to indicate that I play on desktop only.

Thanks

Yeah in your pinup settings just set your backglass to be 1px x 1px and hide it somewhere. Then use the ultradmd for scoring. If you’re getting no music check that your media from the 2.4 gb download is in the right media folder in pinup system and make sure you have the right version of VLC.

All the audio levels are adjustable in the top of the script, so if you want louder music or louder callouts or whatever you can find it in the top of the script for easy editing.

Don’t know if this method works for ST SE as well, but you could also try adding this in the table script in it’s own sub routine, but changed in a way so that you can chose a variable like PuP enabled=False  in the table options to run this method instead of INIT’ing the table normally for PuP, for desktop users.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-to-have-a-table-be-able-to-use-pup-and-not-use-it/

That being said….desktop users can use PuP just fine and I highly encourage it…especially for this table! (its how the table was meant to be played)

Just install and setup PuP like normal, but have the BG screen,etc located in the top left corner, and sized appropriately to not overlap your table. Same goes for using PuP with FP and desktop.

StishStash
      Participant
        @stishstash
        This reply has been marked as private.
        Jeremy
        Participant
          @malachi666

Thank you for this, I got it working, but how do I adjust the size of the back glass.  I decided, even though I am using desktop, I would like it off to the side and smaller so that it doesn’t cover the table.  How do i adjust the size of the hovering back glass?

EDIT:  Never mind, I figured this out!  OMG this is amazing!!!  Please tell me there are plenty of animated back glasses for various pins… I want to use this PUP thing to the max… thank you very much!

freelunch
          Participant
            @freelunch

So I come back to Visual Pinball after several months, and of course I’m behind on table releases. As I begin to crawl my way to being caught up again (this is actually a lie, I’m never caught up), I notice there’s a new version of Stranger Things that Scottywic says is a design overhaul. I think, that’s pretty neat, I liked the original Stranger Things table. So I look at the installation notes, and immediately I’m wondering, what the heck is PinUP? Thirty seconds later I learn what it is and realize you probably made a non-DMD video display for a Visual Pinball table. Now I want to dig up some recent history to figure out when the hell this PinUP started to be a thing. I wouldn’t care if I happened to find a dozen bugs as I start to play this table (not that I expect to), it looks amazing and I’m happy and inspired to see an original Visual Pinball table get taken so far in its visual presentation.

Vance
            Participant
              @007navrecgmail-com

My God, This is incredible. Big Props Scottywic.

Scottywic
              Participant
                @scottywic

This quote contains content marked as private.

Hmm not sure how you have you have your folders setup but it shold be

STLE folder in the pupvideos folder

STLE.UltraDMD folder in the visual pinball tables folder

and table files in the tables folder.

Scottywic
                Participant
                  @scottywic

thanks bud! enjoy

StishStash
                  Participant
                    @stishstash
                    1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Scottywic
                    Participant
                      @scottywic

This quote contains content marked as private.

Ugh, bud it’s right in the download file you get on this site. I just double checked and downloaded it again. I’m not sure how you’re missing it.

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 4.36.55 PM

supermario0523
                      Participant
                        @supermario0523

Awesome table, pinup is great and music… spot on!

I’m not getting any DOF for slingshot/flippers/bumpers- did I miss something by chance?

Thanks!

StishStash
                        Participant
                          @stishstash
                          Scottywic
                          Participant
                            @scottywic

yeah the only times i’ve seen that happen are with the incorrect version of VLC or the media folder for the table being in the wrong folder for pinup. I would just quadruple check those things. Did you get my folder from the large download for media and then try making copies of it in every folder you can think it should possibly go in. And try to delete all your vlc’s and reinstall the one that is called to fro the pinup install file.

iceT2
                            Participant
                              @icet2

Hi All :

Just letting you know, after 6 days of trying to get this table working, I finally managed it today. The picture above, from @StishStash is exactly the problem I have been having. Of course, it’s all down to not reading the install instructions from Pinup properly, but hey, who needs instructions when your on a roll ! ……..

Anyway, it turned out I had installed VLC 2.2.8 64 bit version on my Win 10 (64bit pro), and as I’ve found out, Pinup won’t play video with the 64 bit version. So, although I didn’t un-install the 64 bit version, I downloaded the 32 bit VLC 2.2.8 from here : http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/2.2.8/win32/
                              and made sure it was installed LAST. Then the video worked fine.

I notice @Scottywic mentioning that Pinup install ‘calls’ for VLC to be downloaded ? Well, that didn’t happen with me, possibly because I already had the 64bit version installed. Anyway, the 6 day toil to get it working was really worth it ……. a very good table ! ….. although I don’t seem to be able to find the download page for it any more ? :-)

…….. by the way, throwing the STLE folder into various other locations – doesn’t work – tried all the usual suspects to no avail, and as I say, in the end it all boiled down to having the 64bit VLC instead of the 32bit ……. so sometimes, instructions are worth reading if you want to save time !
                              The place to put the STLE folder is ‘C:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos’ (assuming you installed default setting on ‘C’ drive) – just as described by @scottywic

StishStash
                              Participant
                                @stishstash
                                Bartels1980
                                Participant
                                  @bartels1980

Is the STLE media package folder still available? Been searching for days, trying to get full potential off this beauty.

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator
                                    Bartels1980
                                    Participant
                                      @bartels1980

Too bad. No prob.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

No wonder you are without – did you actually read the thread ?

Clue. In case you actually have reading problems. Look at Terry’s post.

Bartels1980
                                        Participant
                                          @bartels1980

Doing 1000 things at once. … Thanks ?

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

Hey Scotty (and Terry/all contributors).  I’ve only recently had the chance to install the table properly and give it a spin.  I know, I’m late to the party but better late then never.  I’m super impressed with this release, surely if not the best original, it’s right up there. The level of polish in this game is incredible and I can appreciate why after completing this game, you’ve got aspirations of maybe making a real version.  I’m not sure where you go from here Scotty but I sure as hell am looking forward to checking out whatever else you come up with.

Fantastic game based on a fantastic show.  It’s now going to be in my fav list as a top 10 table to show people when they come over to try the pincab.

Thanks!

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 244 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?