Stranger Things: Stranger Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    Scottywic
    Participant
      @scottywic

Hey Scotty (and Terry/all contributors). I’ve only recently had the chance to install the table properly and give it a spin. I know, I’m late to the party but better late then never. I’m super impressed with this release, surely if not the best original, it’s right up there. The level of polish in this game is incredible and I can appreciate why after completing this game, you’ve got aspirations of maybe making a real version. I’m not sure where you go from here Scotty but I sure as hell am looking forward to checking out whatever else you come up with.

Fantastic game based on a fantastic show. It’s now going to be in my fav list as a top 10 table to show people when they come over to try the pincab.

Thanks!

thanks bud appreciate the kind words.

All the contract negotiations are kinda killing my buzz on the real table adventure. So i’m prob gonna let it be for now. So digital it’ll stay!

Next planned table release will be Pizza Time, though i just keep adding to it and giving myself more work. But all in all it’s pretty close, layout, art, half of rules done. Need to animate 3d models, finish some rules coding, build the backglass, record the VO and playtest. Sooo probably still 3 months out.

Cameron
      Participant
        @cameron

Really love the table esp. with the PuP Pack! Thanks for doing this it is really really appreciated!

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

Scotty has said that the table and PuP-Pack can be posted again!

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/stranger-things-stranger-edition/

-this table REQUIRES Pinup System to be installed, and Pinup Player setup
          -do not use any directb2s with this table, and be sure there isnt one being loaded when the table is launched
          -copy the STLE.UltraDMD folder to your “VisualPinball\Tables” folder
          -table file goes into “VisualPinball\Tables” folder
          -copy STSE folder to your “PinupSystem\PuPVideos” folder

Flash Table Lover
          Participant
            @flashtablelover

Simply amazing!! Don’t have a cabinet, but enjoy playing it on my desktop. As far as the real world table, they don’t know what they are missing, IMHO. Keep an eye on your work and don’t let people steal your ideas. Great artist Scottywic!!

flippy
            Participant
              @flippy

Good night, this is an incredible piece of work.

I can’t think of an original that tops it? Ever?

The tone is spot-on, the tempo – it’s fun. It “feels” right.

It’s a shame the makers of ST haven’t raved this into an actual table.

My only issue is that sometimes the video screen covers half the table.

Other times, it doesn’t show up at all. Fix for that?

Otherwise, please continue. Hoping someone spots your talent & gives you a proper place in the business.

Scottywic
              Participant
                @scottywic

Good night, this is an incredible piece of work.

I can’t think of an original that tops it? Ever?

The tone is spot-on, the tempo – it’s fun. It “feels” right.

It’s a shame the makers of ST haven’t raved this into an actual table.

My only issue is that sometimes the video screen covers half the table.

Other times, it doesn’t show up at all. Fix for that?

Otherwise, please continue. Hoping someone spots your talent & gives you a proper place in the business.

Thanks bud, as for that issue, honestly that’s one i haven’t heard of.  Though video on pup can wig out for some. I guess I’d just make sure you had the right version of VLC and fiddle with your window settings a bit more in the pup customizer. the pinup channel on Facebook is helpful for things like this.

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

Do you have your screens, Scale set to 100% in windows….
                  Trouble Shooting Pup-Packs
                  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot
                  Upgraded 1.4 and VLC won’t matter it’s Built-in
                  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=upgrade_v14

makmak
                  Participant
                    @makmak

really, really incredible table – thanks so much for sharing it! Did not know anything about the tv-show  – but this pinball is way better than watching the series I could bet  ;-)

The only issue I have is: when starting the table the backglass shows up on top of the playfield. I could move the backglass to the correct position by mouse but the scoring numbers (and white texts) kepp staying on top of the playfield. Any suggestions how to fix this?

I will try to disable UltraDMD first, I just learned its not necessary to have (I had the impression I had issues with it too, as I expected a way more fancy UltraDMD after what I have seen from the playfield and the extraordinary backglass ;-)

Anyway – this table takes/took virtual pinball to a new dimension! Congratulations!!!

Scottywic
                    Participant
                      @scottywic

that should be as easy as setting up your screens in pinup. Just sounds like your backglass frame isn’t setup correctly.

goofything
                      Participant
                        @goofything

Is there a way to change my Pinup Backglass settings just for this table? I’m only using two monitors right now and so I have the backglass set to use top of the monitor and DMD for the bottom. But, I’d like to have the backglass use the full monitor for this game without effecting my default settings for other tables.

By the way, this is one of my favorite games. Great work Scott. Can’t wait to play Harry Potter and Pizza Time!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Scottywic
                        Participant
                          @scottywic

Is there a way to change my Pinup Backglass settings just for this table? I’m only using two monitors right now and so I have the backglass set to use top of the monitor and DMD for the bottom. But, I’d like to have the backglass use the full monitor for this game without effecting my default settings for other tables.

By the way, this is one of my favorite games. Great work Scott. Can’t wait to play Harry Potter and Pizza Time!!

no idea honestly. Terry or David might know, but i have never tried that. I would guess i could force it in the script but that’d not be very sustainable for everyone. Ask in the pinup support.

Working hard on Harry Potter over here. Hope to have something out in not tooooo much longer.

MillionMan
                          Participant
                            @millionman

Fist of All thank you very much to everyone who made and coded this amazing table. I am having a weird issue that i never had with any other tables before.  When exiting the table, the Teensy addressable LED are staying on. I need to start a different game to re-enable DOF and they go away. any recommendations?

automated
                            Participant
                              @automated

Thanks for this Table! :D

When unpacking STLE.rar winrar comments CRC errors and the following Files are damaged:

videowizard\wizardfinal.mov

videoquotes\wristrocket.mov

videodrain\youmessedupbigtime.mov

outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator

Also before you unzip, right click File, properties make sure the file is not blocked

Try 7-Zip

https://www.7-zip.org/

automated
                                Participant
                                  @automated

Thanks!

Had to redownload the Archive (same Size, weird)

zimmer62
                                  Participant
                                    @zimmer62

Something changed for me and the game plays extremely different now.

I spend a bunch of time upgrading my machine, 4k screen, added a dmd monitor.   I changed from using a joystick input, to using the pinscape board for the button inputs.  I also changed to having a plunger (10k pot) hooked up to the pinscape board…

What’s weird is that the first time playing STSE since the hardware upgrade, Eleven grabbed the ball and I went into multiball almost immediately.   Before I upgraded my cabinet to 4k and changed input methods I had never ever ever (in a 175 games) saw Eleven grab the ball (which gives me a ton of score by the way)… I thought this was a fluke, but subsequent games, are the same…  It seems like every game starts this way now.

Do you think this might have something to do with the inputs, possibly using the real plunger instead of the launch ball button?  (maybe a skill shot?)

Scottywic
                                    Participant
                                      @scottywic

I spend a bunch of time upgrading my machine, 4k screen, added a dmd monitor.   I changed from using a joystick input, to using the pinscape board for the button inputs.  I also changed to having a plunger (10k pot) hooked up to the pinscape board…

What’s weird is that the first time playing STSE since the hardware upgrade, Eleven grabbed the ball and I went into multiball almost immediately.   Before I upgraded my cabinet to 4k and changed input methods I had never ever ever (in a 175 games) saw Eleven grab the ball (which gives me a ton of score by the way)… I thought this was a fluke, but subsequent games, are the same…  It seems like every game starts this way now.

Do you think this might have something to do with the inputs, possibly using the real plunger instead of the launch ball button?  (maybe a skill shot?)

seems you have mapped a button to one of my testing keys and are going right into wizard mode… hahah sorry not really how you want that to happen. you can seach the script for testing keys and then comment it out. I’ll try to get that removed on the upcoming Scoreboard edition.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

If you plan to update this table @scottywic – maybe add a mechanical tilt ?

zimmer62
                                        Participant
                                          @zimmer62

seems you have mapped a button to one of my testing keys and are going right into wizard mode… hahah sorry not really how you want that to happen. you can seach the script for testing keys and then comment it out. I’ll try to get that removed on the upcoming Scoreboard edition.

Ahhh.. That makes a lot more sense.  I’ll look through and see what I was pressing…

I don’t think you should take that stuff out, probably just setup a debug flag to turn those on and off.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Scottywic
                                          Participant
                                            @scottywic

If you plan to update this table @scottywic – maybe add a mechanical tilt ?

hmm not sure i know what that is or how to do. What game has that that isn’t rom?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 244 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?