Stranger Things: Stranger Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    grendelrt
    Participant
      @grendelrt

try adding this at end of script to force close dof …

Sub Table1_Exit

Controller.Stop

End Sub

assuming table is named “table1”

not sure on SSf volume

Bingo that worked on the LEDs staying lit, thanks!!

SSF on this table seems a little low compared to my other tables is why I was looking for a way to control them , the table volume in general sounds good.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

glad that worked! every table should have that included to close dof just in case it stays on.

as for SSF i would suggest looking at a table you like i’m sure its a easy fix but i have never looked into it as i don’t use it.

somebody will post a solution i’m sure :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

snwfrd38
        Participant
          @ffarges

This table is so wonderful and the music/ambiance is just perfect – not to mention the PinUp effects!
          The only improvement I see is the UltraDMD – all dots are “squared” and compared to the other table with DMDExt that doesn’t look that great. Is there any way to change this by myself ?

Scottywic
          Participant
            @scottywic

This table is so wonderful and the music/ambiance is just perfect – not to mention the PinUp effects!

The only improvement I see is the UltraDMD – all dots are “squared” and compared to the other table with DMDExt that doesn’t look that great. Is there any way to change this by myself ?

Not sure on the squared vs rounded. This table doesn’t really need ultra, it’s just a concession. But you can try changing your ultra setting in the script to = 2 instead of 1 to try the experimental new version. Maybe that will help. But yeah I don’t use ultra or DOF personally so not sure. But i will be adding DOF soon so i’ll turn that once i know what to do.

Scottywic
            Participant
              @scottywic

Hello, thank you for sharing.

How to make ultraDMD appear. It is only shown at the beginning and then no longer appears. I already checked the script and it’s ok. (turnonultradmd = 1). The rest is working right.

Thanks again. :good:

I recommend getting any version of the Tron Legacy table (not the PuP Edition), and use my Max Pack PuP-Pack with it. You must have PuP-Capture working correctly for any of the PuP-Packs.

Hi TerryRed.

I have a two screen setup, the BG being 1280×1024. Do these packages work in this configuration? If so, which package should I download?

Thank you.

The backglass will force overlay the ultradmd. There’s no reason to have it in a 2 screen setup so just turn it off. All the scoring is on the backglass.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Gilrock
              Participant
                @gilrock

I’ve got this running when launched direct from VPX 10.5 but I hear no music.  When I launch from Popper the table loads but the Start button won’t start a game.

So step 4 of the installation instructions says:

” Place the “STLE” folder from step 4 into your PUPVideos folder created by the pinup install.”

I assume that mean to say from step 3 and it’s the STLE folder from the 2.5 gig download?

So I’ve got the 2.5 gig STLE folder in PUPVideos.  And I didn’t see instructions for this but I have the STLE.UltraDMD folder in the VPX Tables folder.

Any ideas what’s wrong?  I guess I can try VPX 10.4 but I upgraded to 5 because the Popper instructions said the beta had fixed issues that were needed.

Gilrock
                Participant
                  @gilrock

And…as I’m trying to switch VPX versions I couldn’t rename my folder and discovered there are 12 copies of UltraDMD.exe running in the background.  That can’t be helping how do you stop that?

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

And…as I’m trying to switch VPX versions I couldn’t rename my folder and discovered there are 12 copies of UltraDMD.exe running in the background. That can’t be helping how do you stop that?

If you have Pinup System installed…fully updated and configured for your PuP screens like I show in my videos…

You “should be good to go”. Do any other PuP-Packs, work?

As for Ultra-DMD…you don’t need to enable that with this table as ALL scores and game info is on the backglass. The UltraDMD option was only added afterward as an option…not a requirement.

Gilrock
                    Participant
                      @gilrock

I thought I followed all your videos but I don’t think I’ve loaded any PUP-Packs so maybe I missed a video.

I thought the Ultra-DMD was required to show stuff on my real DMD?  Yes there is score on the backglass but it looks like simple text almost like someone was displaying debug code.  I don’t mind the instructions in the middle but the scores on the left looked out of place.

Gilrock
                      Participant
                        @gilrock

Ok gonna watch this one I hadn’t seen yet.  I thought B2S and DOF was already working though.
                        “PinUP Player: How to create a PuP-Pack Tutorial Part 1. The Editor and B2S/DOF Triggering”

Gilrock
                        Participant
                          @gilrock

One thing I’m not sure I did right was the dmdext versions.  The installation page for that recommended I install the 64-bit version of the exe to match my OS and the 32-bit version of the DLL.  Then I read some posts where folks were saying to avoid all the 64-bit stuff.  Kinda left me not knowing what to do.  I couldn’t even remember which 32vs64 version of the pinmame setup I had done.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

I still swear to that if you don’t understand what to do – go 32bit only !!

TerryRed
                              @terryred

One thing I’m not sure I did right was the dmdext versions. The installation page for that recommended I install the 64-bit version of the exe to match my OS and the 32-bit version of the DLL. Then I read some posts where folks were saying to avoid all the 64-bit stuff. Kinda left me not knowing what to do. I couldn’t even remember which 32vs64 version of the pinmame setup I had done.

1st….did you make sure you have ALL your screens in windows set to 100 for DPI / Text Scaling. Many who have Win 10 forget to check their backglass and topper screens. If you don’t have this set, then the text will look incorrect.

Also the backglass text looks great here, and that is what this game was designed around. (The ultradmd was not part of the original design) Saying it looks like debug code isn’t going to win you any favors here.

DMDext files don’t affect this game at all, but it’s needed for PuP-Packs….   However, yes DO NOT install the 64 bit version of dmdext!

Goto this link to install the now mandatory update of dmdext 1.7+ files (32 bit only!) and follow my instructions there:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmdext-1-7-a-universal-dll-for-real-dmd-virtual-dmd-and-pinup-system/

Gilrock
                              Participant
                                @gilrock

I have Windows 7 and DPI was already at 100%.  nVidia display settings set to No Scaling.

Not trying to insult anyone’s work just trying to figure out if what I see is correct.  In the below image are those numbers on the left correct?  If that’s the score its wasn’t obvious and I didn’t think you would have the score placed there over the logo so that’s why I questioned it.

Attachments:
                                Gilrock
                                Participant
                                  @gilrock

Also I was running the 1.7.1 version Freezy just released a day or two ago.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

I have Windows 7 and DPI was already at 100%. nVidia display settings set to No Scaling.

Not trying to insult anyone’s work just trying to figure out if what I see is correct. In the below image are those numbers on the left correct? If that’s the score its wasn’t obvious and I didn’t think you would have the score placed there over the logo so that’s why I questioned it.

That text looks correct…but your problem is you need to remove that directb2s file as it is NOT to be used with this table. If you see that backglass it is obscuring the normal PuP Backglass, so tht’s why it needs to be removed.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Also I was running the 1.7.1 version Freezy just released a day or two ago.

To be sure…goto the link I provided and follow ALL of my instructions there, and be sure you install only the 32 bit files!

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

This is how the game should be looking and sounding…

Gilrock
                                        Participant
                                          @gilrock

Ok sweet I’m 98% there.  Deleting that backglass DB2S fixed a ton.  I think I had downloaded the non-SE version first along with the DB2S.   So that got the game playing but no sound and backglass so I knew the pup pack wasn’t installed right.  I finally figured that out when I unzipped it I ended up with a double path name so I had STLE \ STLE.  Removed one of those levels and then created a pup pack and all the files showed up.

Game plays with awesome video and sound.  Only one issue left.  Somehow all the text on the backglass disappeared now.

Thanks for helping a newbie get through this btw.

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Ok sweet I’m 98% there. Deleting that backglass DB2S fixed a ton. I think I had downloaded the non-SE version first along with the DB2S. So that got the game playing but no sound and backglass so I knew the pup pack wasn’t installed right. I finally figured that out when I unzipped it I ended up with a double path name so I had STLE \ STLE. Removed one of those levels and then created a pup pack and all the files showed up.

Game plays with awesome video and sound. Only one issue left. Somehow all the text on the backglass disappeared now.

Thanks for helping a newbie get through this btw.

You didn’t need to “create” a pup-pack…you just needed to copy the STLE folder so that you had PuPVideos \ STLE.

Look in the STLE folder and make sure that you don’t have any *.pup files.  If you see playlists.pup, screens.pup, triggers.pup then you need to delete those files.

This table uses pup script command in the table, so it doesn’t use a “Pup-pack”.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 244 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?