Swords of Fury

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    TXT11
    Participant
      @txt11

Great to have you back in the fold Sliderpoint.  Keep up your creations !! :good: :bye: :yahoo: ;-)

jcksu3
      Participant
        @jcksu3

Curious how people feel about these settings for a cab view.  Been trying to tweak by hand what could be a good viewpoint.

sof_cabview1

dcbenji
        Participant
          @dcbenji

I keep getting “pinball missing” error. I washoping others may have found a solution but looks like I’m the only one with this problem :(

goofything
          Participant
            @goofything

Awesome! Fun table. Can’t wait to try out your 2.0 version. Thank you so much for the update.

Sliderpoint
            Participant
              @sliderpoint
              MemberContributor

I keep getting “pinball missing” error. I washoping others may have found a solution but looks like I’m the only one with this problem :(

It does ‘load’ 3 balls when the table opens, are you waiting a couple seconds and then pressing start?

-Mike

dcbenji
              Participant
                @dcbenji

Thanks for the response, I waited about 15sec and then hit start and still got the error. Maybe I should delete the nvram and try again?

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

1st. make sure you didnt accidentally change your Z scale in the view, it needs to always be 1.

2nd, just to see what is going on, (temporarily) drastically change the POV so you can see under the front of the table so you can see what happens to the 3 balls when the table opens.

trough balls

-Mike

Sliderpoint
                  Participant
                    @sliderpoint
                    MemberContributor

Thanks for the response, I waited about 15sec and then hit start and still got the error. Maybe I should delete the nvram and try again?

quoting for notification purposes.

dcbenji
                    Participant
                      @dcbenji

Ok i unzipped a fresh version of the file and delted the nv ram just to make sure my pov settings were’t part of the equation.  I set the POV up so you can see whats going on with the balls (no scaling just rotation and inclination). Still get pinball missing error…screen shot attached

balls problem

dcbenji
                      Participant
                        @dcbenji

Ok so i think i solved the problem. I’m using Reshade with all my tables for shapening and ambient occlusion etc. Right when a table intializes there’s a brief interuption while Reshade compiles. This interfered with the intial load of the table balls. I disabled Reshade and let the table intialize the first time then quit, re-enabled Reshade and the balls appear to be loading properly. Hopefully this fixed the issue. Going to try setting up the POV for my cabinet and see if it keeps working. Thanks for your help!

-benji

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

Ok i unzipped a fresh version of the file and delted the nv ram just to make sure my pov settings were’t part of the equation. I set the POV up so you can see whats going on with the balls (no scaling just rotation and inclination). Still get pinball missing error…screen shot attached

balls problem

weird… did the slope get changed or something?  You using 10.6, not beta right?

Look for the timer called InitTimer (down there by the trough area)  try changing that (timer interval) to like 1000 or 1500 just to see if all 3 balls with drop down below like they are supposed to with more time in between each creation.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          dcbenji
                          Participant
                            @dcbenji

Ok, so Reshade compiling during table initialization still interferes with the trough physics. All my tables use Reshade and this is the only time i’ve run into this issue with it. What I guess needs to happen is there needs to be a brief pause after the geometry and materials are loaded, before the trough does anything. Is this a simple line of code I can add to the initialization?

-benji

naeromagus
                            Participant
                              @naeromagus

Thanks for the Update on this. I know i will be enjoying this for many nights to come.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

@dcbenji : With my limited knowledge. Maybe try to add the following two lines before On Error Resume Next inside Table_init – approx line 150.

Controller.SolMask(0)=0
                                vpmTimer.AddTimer 2000,"Controller.SolMask(0)=&Hffffffff'" 'ignore all solenoids - then add the timer to renable all the solenoids after 2 seconds

goofything
                                Participant
                                  @goofything

Is anyone having issues with the insert lights on the 2.0 table? It looks fantastic, but the leftoutlane “shield” insert and the advance and collect inserts in the upper ramps don’t seem to be lit.

Jopp
                                  Participant
                                    @joppnl

Great release, thank you, great job.

Want to report this:

I had 2 balls locked in that ‘alley’ where balls lock: just a bit left of the upper-left flipper.

Shot the most left shot to release these 2 balls for MB.

As I had my upper left flipper up the 2 balls both straight went into the right outlane.

And…because both balls went after each other quick I guess only 1 outlane-ball was counted, resulting in a ball-loss scenario (getting MB mode still with one ball and when that ball wa lost the game tries to continue but can not, no search, no end-of-ball routine, just had to exit the table…)

I think (?) that the switch in the right outlane isn’t capable of detecting 2 balls short after each other but I do not know if that is programmable in VPX or so.

Thanks again for this table!

My favorite pinball machine?
                                    Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Manolo / ICE
                                    Participant
                                      @kamerik

Thanks again Sliderpoint, for another beautiful table :D

takut
                                      Participant
                                        @takut
                                        MemberContributor

Thanks for the great update. Looks fantastic and plays great :yahoo:

Friffy1
                                        Participant
                                          @friffy1

Beautiful update!

My only issue is I found less than smooth play.  Quite a bit of ball stutter. Wonder if I’m the only one. Never such issues with any other tables. But it’s possible something else was just happening. I try it again today.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

Great release, thank you, great job.

Want to report this:

I had 2 balls locked in that ‘alley’ where balls lock: just a bit left of the upper-left flipper.

Shot the most left shot to release these 2 balls for MB.

As I had my upper left flipper up the 2 balls both straight went into the right outlane.

And…because both balls went after each other quick I guess only 1 outlane-ball was counted, resulting in a ball-loss scenario (getting MB mode still with one ball and when that ball wa lost the game tries to continue but can not, no search, no end-of-ball routine, just had to exit the table…)

I think (?) that the switch in the right outlane isn’t capable of detecting 2 balls short after each other but I do not know if that is programmable in VPX or so.

Thanks again for this table!

Yes. I’ve seen too that very quick ball loss leads to lost balls. I resolved it by not missing balls that quickly – LOL ;-)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?