Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Sliderpoint
    Participant
    @sliderpoint
    MemberContributor

Is anyone having issues with the insert lights on the 2.0 table? It looks fantastic, but the leftoutlane “shield” insert and the advance and collect inserts in the upper ramps don’t seem to be lit.

All the lights are working for me.  It would be strange that just those particular lights don’t work.  Maybe try removing nvram file to start over?

Great release, thank you, great job.

Want to report this:

I had 2 balls locked in that ‘alley’ where balls lock: just a bit left of the upper-left flipper.

Shot the most left shot to release these 2 balls for MB.

As I had my upper left flipper up the 2 balls both straight went into the right outlane.

And…because both balls went after each other quick I guess only 1 outlane-ball was counted, resulting in a ball-loss scenario (getting MB mode still with one ball and when that ball wa lost the game tries to continue but can not, no search, no end-of-ball routine, just had to exit the table…)

I think (?) that the switch in the right outlane isn’t capable of detecting 2 balls short after each other but I do not know if that is programmable in VPX or so.

Thanks again for this table!

Did you adjust physics at all?  I can’t even reproduce the ball coming off the upper left flipper and heading that direction.   The really odd part is even if it didn’t detect both balls on the right lane, there is still only 1 hole (outhole kicker) for the drain  so the balls would have been detected one at a time there and ended the multiball correctly.   One of the balls must have ‘jumped’ off the table down in that drain area somehow.   As for how fast they can detect, the pinmame timer is already set to -1 which I believe is as fast as the program will allow.  :unsure:   you broke it!   lol

-Mike

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Yeah. Well, he isn’t lying. And I see what you are saying, and it absolutely makes sense. I had a mb where they all drained at almost the same time. I actually thought to myself that it would have to be a nice pileup at the outhole. After a while I realized that I the emulator had issues. I tried to shake the machine, in case they where piled up in a odd way. Ended up tilting. It has actually happened to me twice. Not the exact same way of course. The other time, pinmame actually crashed. So, I don’t know if it is related, or a one time thing. Two balls where as close that you can almost get following each other out on the left outlane. I can’t say when the crash happened as I was busy with the last ball. This might very well be one off thing though. Very seldom does pinmame crash for me. And, I haven’t touched the table in any way except of course changing the orientation and setting my preferred pov without changing z-scale. I was using the latest 10.6 vpx, with latest 10.7 beta updated VP folder.

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Update: Made the apron prim invisible. Played it up to mb and let them drain. This time they didn’t follow each other like peas, one by one was swallowed up by Drain like expected. But, pinmame seems to get into trouble not seeing them all any more.

Update 2 : https://photos.app.goo.gl/xh1MkB9BCGBNKCfr5

1) Letting all 3 balls drain from mb start – not short enough time between them I guess.

2) Dropping them from cradle is.

3rdaxis
    Participant
    @3rdaxis
    MemberContributor

Nice to see you back brother.

Sliderpoint
    Participant
    @sliderpoint
    MemberContributor

Update: Made the apron prim invisible. Played it up to mb and let them drain. This time they didn’t follow each other like peas, one by one was swallowed up by Drain like expected. But, pinmame seems to get into trouble not seeing them all any more.

1) Letting all 3 balls drain from mb start – not short enough time between them I guess.

So in the 16 second video, it didn’t detect both ball drains?   I might be able to add a timer to pace them out at least.

-Mike

Thalamus
    @thalamus

That’s correct. Just double click that video and it becomes 16sec and you kind of see a proof as those are the two last balls.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    sale
    Participant
    @starac

I have a strange problem when the ball enters the semicircle ADVANCE MAGIC TARGET it simply disappears, then the sound is heard that it is on the table…It happens every time I play

VPX_7_beta_rev4066

ati 480RX WIN7

Thalamus
    @thalamus

I think you should report this in the VPX beta thread over at VPF. I just tried it – and it doesn’t loose the ball here. I just get a major lag ( I think ) if I hit it “normally” hard, and the framerate drop is so high that I don’t see the ball. It almost looks like it comes back at you from some kind of shooter and in the same direction as it went in. Very soft shots to that loops seems ok.

I’ll make a quick report as I’m obviously are seeing somewhat the same. Runs fine on 10.6 though.

senseless
    Participant
    @senseless

Great to see you back! Thanks for this beauty :).

sale
    Participant
    @starac

Great to see you back! Thanks for this beauty :).

I think you should report this in the VPX beta thread over at VPF. I just tried it – and it doesn’t loose the ball here. I just get a major lag ( I think ) if I hit it “normally” hard, and the framerate drop is so high that I don’t see the ball. It almost looks like it comes back at you from some kind of shooter and in the same direction as it went in. Very soft shots to that loops seems ok.

I’ll make a quick report as I’m obviously are seeing somewhat the same. Runs fine on 10.6 though.

Yes you are right everything works with 10.6 version.Tnx

Sliderpoint
    Participant
    @sliderpoint
    MemberContributor

Update to fix this.  Also change ball loading so they can be seen to make sure they are not getting lost.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    zackman
    Participant
    @zackman

How do I turn up the volume? i can barley hear the music and flippers.

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Rom adjustment info https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&cat=9

Flippers ?! Well, this table kind of “shouts”, when you use the flippers, but, I expect you mean the other sound ? If so, then I’m beginning to wonder if you volume is turned down somewhat. You can always export the samples and run them through audacity or something simular to amplify them. Make sure that your volume isn’t turned own under preferences too.

Scooby
    Participant
    @scooby

I played a few games and wanted to say thanks. It looks and plays really nice.

Thanks again all your time put into this!

PlayerXXX
    Participant
    @playerxxx

I downloaded this table and it only seems to run in landscape mode.  Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Yes. Change rotation and learn to adjust your pov. Already mentioned in the release info

“Sorry I don’t have a Landscape POV file. I’m sure someone will upload one or you can adjust yourself with instructions as always found here: https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

There is also guys that have uploaded their pov. If you don’t know how to do that ? Well, about time your learn as being able to set your own pov is important to get the tables to look like you want them.

zackman
    Participant
    @zackman

Yes, I am not able to hear the table sounds. Can you tell me what keys to press to turn up the volume? I tried end key and 7&8 do not seem to work.

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Tried this ? https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=25157&p=234266

1 user thanked author for this post.
    VALIS
    Participant
    @valis

I was also getting the “pinball missing” error on desktop, and I fixed it by putting the b2s files back in my tables folder. I often hide them in a subfolder because sometimes they screw games up on desktop, yet sometimes they’re needed for a game to run correctly even on desktop. This seems to be one of those times. Cheers.

goofything
    Participant
    @goofything

Is anyone having issues with the insert lights on the 2.0 table? It looks fantastic, but the leftoutlane “shield” insert and the advance and collect inserts in the upper ramps don’t seem to be lit.

All the lights are working for me. It would be strange that just those particular lights don’t work. Maybe try removing nvram file to start over?

Hi Sliderpoint,

Thanks again for the table. It looks really fantastic. But, the lights for me are just not working. It’s very strange. I’ve tried re-downloading the table and ROM, tried different ROMs that I have working fine with other versions of the table, deleted the nvram several times and tried all kinds of different things, but the lights just don’t work.

The table works fine in desktop, I believe. I haven’t seen a problem with them in that mode although I haven’t really played it much in that mode. When I rotate to 270 degrees for cab, it usually seems fine. However, when I start changing any of the other POV settings or import someone else’s POV, I lose the lights. The odd thing is that sometimes they work. I actually went through and changed each individual POV setting one by one, went into the table to see if the lights worked and saved the table, then changed the next one. I finally got it to where I was able to make all the POV changes and still play with working lights. I thought it was solved. The next time I logged into the machine and loaded the table…no lights again. It makes no sense to me, but I’m kind of at a loss for what else to do at this point. Never seen it happen with another table.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW