T-ARC and T-BAR Desktop Themes for Pinup Popper

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/t-arc-and-t-bar-desktop-themes-for-pinup-popper/

Finally…they are here! The new T-ARC and T-BAR Desktop themes for Pinup Popper! You’ve never seen an Arcade and Pinball front-end look this cool!

Demonstrations for each Theme can be seen in these videos:

Thanks to the flexibility of Pinup Popper, you now have stunning looking options for a single screen Desktop Theme. Great for almost any gaming system. These T-ARC or T-BAR themes combine the beautiful Tarcisio Caleiro wheel ARC or BAR, and Pinup Popper’s new Text Zones and 24 bit transparent loading video features!

Features:

– T-ARC or T-BAR options for single screen Desktop gaming

– dazzling looking underlay (neon) videos, gameplay videos, and DMD / Marquee videos… all one one screen

– T-ARC and T-BAR images with 8 colours to choose from

– 24 bit Transparent Loading videos that can allow for a seamless transition from the Popper front-end to your game. Very cool! (depends on emulator fullscreen settings)

– “Game Details” that will display all the Popper database information about your game when GameInfo is highlighted

– Popper’s Text Zones feature allows you to display all text for menus the way YOU want. Choose your own fonts, colours, size, position, prefixes, database content, Custom Text… however and wherever you want!

– display flyers in correct aspect ratio in Popper and in-game!

– 4K (3840×2160) or HD (1920×1080) options

– includes sweet looking neon underlay videos, Gameplay videos, and DMD / Marquee videos for your Home Screen and Playlists!

– includes original T-ARC and T-BAR project files. Make your own T-ARC or T-BAR images and your own Transparent Loading videos and make your friends jealous for having such a cool looking custom front-end like no other!

Text Zones update:

Users can now customize their theme layout for text options in the PUPMenuScriptThemeOptions.txt file. This can be fonts, colours, size, position, prefixes, database content, max characters, Game Details, Custom Text and more… all displayed however and wherever you want! All info can found in this file and it details everything you need to know. Use the included Text Zones pictures for reference.

HUGE thanks goes out to Tarcisio Caleiro for providing the fantastic original ARC and BAR images from which this theme was created from!

Also thanks goes out to Nailbuster for Pinup Popper, and for providing support for my 100’s of JavaScript questions for my Text Zones update.

I hope you enjoy these T-ARC and T-BAR Desktop themes. You can now to make Pinup Popper look the way YOU want. This theme is just a start…make it the way you like it!

Enjoy!

TerryRed

============================================================

Requirements:

This theme requires Pinup Popper and Pinup Player installed and updated to 1.45 or higher.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=upgrade_v14

Before installing a new theme, you should consider:

– backup pinupmenu pup-pack folder

– backup PUPMenuScriptThemeOptions.txt

– backup your DB file

– backup any media you will be replacing that you don’t want to lose

How to Install a Popper theme

Thanks to Nailbuster, there is a new easy way to install themes. This is now the recommended method!

“Easy Theme Installer”

Goto this link at the PuP wiki, and follow the instructions there to both download and install a new Popper theme the easy way.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=popper_themes

“Old Manual Theme Install Method”

This is the older “manual” way to setup and install a theme.

Please read to first post in this Support Thread to determine which theme zip package you need. You will make your choice based on:

– T-ARC or T-BAR theme

– 4K (3840×2160) or HD (1920×1080) resolution of your screen

PLEASE only download ONE zip theme package as it’s all you need. Don’t download ALL zip files!

Theme package zip contents:

Please follow the included install instructions (the text file) step by step, and also make sure your settings are correct compared to ALL of the included pictures. Do not skip anything! Don’t worry…it’s an easy install.

Please use 7zip to extract files to ensure none of them will get blocked by windows!

Video Walk-through (manual method only!):

Most people seem to have no problems installing the new Themes…but for those who want a video walk-through (of the manual method)… here you go.

(It’s still better to use the new Easy Theme Installer!)

Important notes:

As of Popper 1.4, users will no longer make any changes to the PupMenuscript.pup file for their user options! That file will be used only for the main Popper script code and fallback options.

Now there are 3 new separate user files:

PuPMenuScriptSysLanguage.txt (for user custom text for Popper system functions. This can be edited for other languages or anything really)

PUPMenuScriptSysOptions.txt (for global options like enable DMD, enable DOF, enable / disable ALL text, and more)

PUPMenuScriptThemeOptions.txt (new version of this file included with this theme update. This file is where all the theme settings relating to Text Zones and Text settings are kept)

The 3 user files above will not be replaced with future updates to Pinup Popper (after 1.4), so there is no worry about your custom settings being replaced.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

This theme requires Pinup Popper and Pinup Player installed and updated to 1.45 or higher.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=upgrade_v14

Thanks to Nailbuster, there is a new easy way to install themes. This is now the recommended method!

NEW! “Easy Theme Installer”

Goto this link at the PuP wiki, and follow the instructions there to both download and install a new Popper theme the easy way.

Demonstrations for each Theme can be seen in these videos:

T-ARC Desktop Theme

T-BAR Desktop Theme

PLEASE read and reference the pictures below to determine what them zip package you need based on:

– T-ARC or T-BAR theme

– 4K (3840×2160) or HD (1920×1080) resolution of your screen

Layout: 4K

Layout: HD

Before installing a new theme, you should:

– backup pinupmenu pup-pack folder

– backup PUPMenuScriptThemeOptions.txt

– backup your DB file

– backup any media you will be replacing that you don’t want to lose

“Old Manual Theme Install Method”

This is the older “manual” way to setup and install a theme.

Theme package zip contents:

Please follow the included install instructions (the text file) step by step, and also make sure your settings are correct compared to ALL of the included pictures. Do not skip anything! Don’t worry…it’s an easy install.

Please use 7zip to extract files to ensure none of them will get blocked by windows!

Video Walk-through (manual method only!):

Most people seem to have no problems installing the new Themes…but for those who want a video walk-through (of the manual method)… here you go.

(It’s still better to use the new Easy Theme Installer!)

Important notes:

As of Popper 1.4, users will no longer make any changes to the PupMenuscript.pup file for their user options! That file will be used only for the main Popper script code and fallback options.

Now there are 3 new separate user files:

PuPMenuScriptSysLanguage.txt (for user custom text for Popper system functions. This can be edited for other languages or anything really)

PUPMenuScriptSysOptions.txt (for global options like enable DMD, enable DOF, enable / disable ALL text, and more)

PUPMenuScriptThemeOptions.txt (new version of this file included with this theme update. This file is where all the theme settings relating to Text Zones and Text settings are kept)

The 3 user files above will not be replaced with future updates to Pinup Popper (after 1.4), so there is no worry about your custom settings being replaced.

Text Zones update:

Users can now customize their theme layout for text options in the PUPMenuScriptThemeOptions.txt file. This can be fonts, colours, size, position, prefixes, database content, max characters, Game Details, Custom Text and more… all displayed however and wherever you want! All info can found in this file and it details everything you need to know. Use the included Text Zones pictures for reference.

HUGE thanks goes out to Tarcisio Caleiro for providing the fantastic original ARC and BAR images from which this theme was created from!

Also thanks goes out to Nailbuster for Pinup Popper, and for providing support for my 100’s of JavaScript questions for my Text Zones update.

I hope you enjoy the many Theme options you have now to make Pinup Popper look the way YOU want. This theme is just a start…make it the way you like it!

Enjoy!

TerryRed

clixule
        Participant
          @clixrule

I installed this and it looks great, but my “Arc” on desktop has the Text sideways.  Like it is set up for Cab.  My button images are sideways as well.  What setting to I need to change to fix this?  I have read through all the help files, but so for no luck.

Annotation 2020-02-20 120440

Edit:  Disregard, I figured this out.  It is working good now.

TerryRed
            @terryred

I installed this and it looks great, but my “Arc” on desktop has the Text sideways. Like it is set up for Cab. My button images are sideways as well. What setting to I need to change to fix this? I have read through all the help files, but so for no luck.

Annotation 2020-02-20 120440

You need to follow the instructions on the text file….as well as make your settings the exact same as ALL the pictures that are included with the theme zip.

TerryRed
              @terryred

I have followed the instructions which is fairly simple and this has screwed my hole setup, I have three screens and everything is on one screen. I downloaded the correct one.

This has screwed my entire setup and made it into one screen and no matter what i do i cant fix it , i spent over 60 hours setup and now its screwed with no answers anywhere

Please tell me you didn’t download a DESKTOP “single screen” theme for your 3 screen cabinet setup…. after all the complaining you did on Youtube!

Maybe you should take a look here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/t-arc-themes-for-pinup-popper/

Touchmaster97
              Participant
                @touchmaster97

TerryRed, how much work would it take to make another version of these two Desktop Themes in order for them to fit on a 1680×1050 Resolution Monitor? the one I have can’t go higher than that, and I’m afraid that I use the themes anyway, it may end up looking messed up.

If this is not possible, can you maybe direct me to other Themes that may work?

Midway's Legacy lives on.

TerryRed
                  @terryred

TerryRed, how much work would it take to make another version of these two Desktop Themes in order for them to fit on a 1680×1050 Resolution Monitor? the one I have can’t go higher than that, and I’m afraid that I use the themes anyway, it may end up looking messed up.

If this is not possible, can you maybe direct me to other Themes that may work?

It would take making a completely new theme and media.

1680×1050 is 16:10 and is very outdated… so I’m not going to make themes for it.

That said… if you wanted to play around with editing PUPMenuScriptThemeOptions.txt, the wheelbar resolution, the Game/Wheel Toolbar settings, the pinupmenu pup-pack and all the media to make it work…go for it. Use the current themes as a reference….. or better yet… get a 16:9 screen so everything will work correctly for you.

rickhaye
                  Participant
                    @rickhaye

Hello Terry. Will this work if my monitor is only WQHD 2K (2560 x 1440) resolution? Can I just download the 4K? I’m thinking of using the T-arc style.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Hello Terry. Will this work if my monitor is only WQHD 2K (2560 x 1440) resolution? Can I just download the 4K? I’m thinking of using the T-arc style.

Yes, you can use the 4K version.

You will need to convert the T-ARC images to 720×1440, and also you will just need to adjust the “Margin in Pixels” setting to make the wheels line up correctly.

rickhaye
                      Participant
                        @rickhaye

Thanks for the quick reply. I am actually switching over from a 1080P monitor. After I make those changes,  I just select the “t-arc loading videos” from the media manager like usual correct? Those loading videos should look fairly normal in my 2K setup, right?

TerryRed
                          @terryred

Thanks for the quick reply. I am actually switching over from a 1080P monitor. After I make those changes, I just select the “t-arc loading videos” from the media manager like usual correct? Those loading videos should look fairly normal in my 2K setup, right?

The videos will work the same as per normal.

rickhaye
                          Participant
                            @rickhaye

Thank you…

TerryRed
                              @terryred

“Easy Theme Installer”

I’ve added this to each of the Popper theme’s Install Instructions.

Gramps
                              Participant
                                @gramps

I have a double screen desktop setup.  I downloaded and installed (using the .bat file in the download) the T-Bar Desktop theme HD.  The underlay frame isn’t showing up when I launch popper.  Everything else does and where they are supposed to according to the pictures.  I’ve gone over the text file many times and the included photos over the past month as well as watched the videos and can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve been through nailbuster’s instructions.

I must not be understanding something.  Can anybody help the old guy out?

I woke up with the answer in my head !  One of the brain cells that was active all the times I’ve gone over all this finally woke up, I suppose.  I though I had tried this before but I guess not. It goes on the playlist background field – in case anybody else is having this problem.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Gramps.
                              Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?