T2 iNTERACTIVE PINUP tOPPER

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Matt Bini
    Participant
      @mattbini

http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=81003

I have made this interactive topper for my DMD topper screen, but if you dont have a topper screen, you can create a topper area on the backglass screen and it will play over the b2s Ideally it should be DMD size. A big thank you to Nailbuster for his amazing software and also to TerryRed for his excellent tutorial vids on You Tube. Hope you make use and enjoy it. PS dont press start with no credits if Kids are around (bad language). Also it is more of a tribute to the first and second films so it has a lot of bits from T2 like the press, already in the game for a match.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      snwfrd38
      Participant
        @ffarges

Hi Matt,

Great idea! I just installed it (put the color rom in 192,192, 192 and NOT colorized) and unfortunately it doesn’t work … I wonder where I mess it up. I only the “Terminator 2 Judgement day” text in the topper. My rom is t2_l8 as well.

If you have any idea please let me know :-) I will carry searching on my side as well as I’m looking forward to seeing it !

Matt Bini
        Participant
          @mattbini

Hi Matt,

Great idea! I just installed it (put the color rom in 192,192, 192 and NOT colorized) and unfortunately it doesn’t work … I wonder where I mess it up. I only the “Terminator 2 Judgement day” text in the topper. My rom is t2_l8 as well.

If you have any idea please let me know :-) I will carry searching on my side as well as I’m looking forward to seeing it !

Hi (I think) you need the latest Pinupplayer software installed which comes with freezeys dmd, you need that to. If  Attack from Mars and Batman work this will also. I think the later version of Pupplayer allows automatic reading of the dmd images via freezys dmd. The way I have set all my triggers is by snapshots of the dmd without any script updates. Does Attack from Mars work for you?

Johngreve
          Participant
            @johngreve

Hi Matt,

Great idea! I just installed it (put the color rom in 192,192, 192 and NOT colorized) and unfortunately it doesn’t work … I wonder where I mess it up. I only the “Terminator 2 Judgement day” text in the topper. My rom is t2_l8 as well.

Hi (I think) you need the latest Pinupplayer software installed which comes with freezeys dmd, you need that to. If Attack from Mars and Batman work this will also. I think the later version of Pupplayer allows automatic reading of the dmd images via freezys dmd. The way I have set all my triggers is by snapshots of the dmd without any script updates. Does Attack from Mars work for you?

Hi,
            I’m experiencing the same as snwfrd38 and only seeing “Terminator 2 Judgement Day” in the topper. AFM and Batman work for me but I’m not seeing all the videos no matter what events are triggered, I never see some of the videos. Could this and my not seeing any of the Terminator videos be a result of not having freezy DMD.dll? I always wondered why I never seen a lot of the videos…..
            Thanks

Matt Bini
            Participant
              @mattbini

Sorry yes I think it needs freezy’s dmd.dll I thought that came as standard with the latest pinup player though. Apologies for not stating that as I think the software uses it to scan the dmd. Maybe someone from the pinup community can clarify?

Johngreve
              Participant
                @johngreve

Sorry yes I think it needs freezy’s dmd.dll I thought that came as standard with the latest pinup player though. Apologies for not stating that as I think the software uses it to scan the dmd. Maybe someone from the pinup community can clarify?

Thanks for the reply…I’m thinking back and if I remember correctly my DMD display was real dim when I used his dll and for that reason I went back to what I was using prior. I have a real DMD and run a two monitor setup. I’ll go back and try his again to see if that fixes this problem. Of course if it does I’d still be hesitant to keep using it due to the dimness…..unless there is a way to increase the brightness of the display.

Ray
                Participant
                  @pritch33

Works great for me, I also just updated some of the files in pinupplayer from the bew stranger things table download. May help with those having isssues?

:good: :good:

Matt Bini
                  Participant
                    @mattbini

Works great for me, I also just updated some of the files in pinupplayer from the bew stranger things table download. May help with those having isssues?

:good: :good:

Great to hear Ray. I have not tried Scotty too hotties new stranger things table yet and am looking forward to it. I think you need the current version of pinup player avaiable on this site, as it works with freezys dll, your updated one has this too and more I think but for others out there the current pinup version works, that is what I am using at the moment :good:  _

snwfrd38
                    Participant
                      @ffarges

Thanks for the leads. I just installed the new STLE table with all effects and it works – except the topper as well… Might be something in my setup I need to further check.

Matt Bini
                      Participant
                        @mattbini

Thanks for the leads. I just installed the new STLE table with all effects and it works – except the topper as well… Might be something in my setup I need to further check.

snwfrd38 I think you have it there. It looks to me like you have not got the topper turned on in the pinupplayerconfiguredisplays application, its in your pinupplayer file in tables. Click the topper and make sure it is turned on by selecting default state icon, pick showpopup hide paused

snwfrd38
                        Participant
                          @ffarges

Actually the new STLE topper works perfectly now.

I believe I messed up with the frenzy dll. Needs to further looked at it. Do you have “External DLL” enabled in your rom config (F1 key) of T2? If I put it on they it kind creates an infinite instances of VPX (like hundreds of them running). Only way out is then to restart the PC.

snwfrd38
                          Participant
                            @ffarges

I’ve done further checks – even reinstalled VPX10.4 (AIO)

Mars Attack / Batman / Tron / Strange Thing LE works perfectly.

I can’t see the topper animation (while I do have the Terminator 2 text displayed correctly). I checked the DMDext and the only thing that looks wrong is that when I test it “dmdext test” it doesnt’ display anything. Might be the source of the issue – I even checked it’s config file to put the right position of the DMD. I don’t get it – any idea welcomed :-)

NailBuster
                              @nailbuster
                              ModeratorMember

just to clarify.  PinUp Player has THREE ways to work with tables/roms.   Stranger things is table-script method which is the easiest to get working as it relies on no other plugin/dll….it will just ‘work’

2nd is b2s plugin method that some tables like back-to-future/batman use.  this works off rom events via b2s….  this requireds you to have installed pup b2s plugin correctly and have your b2s setup to ‘activate’ plugins.

3rd is PUPCapture… similar to this/Avatar /New TRON… this requires a very slightly-modified version of freezy.dll (and use external in vpx) to use to trigger videos.

So if you want to verify that your PuP is setup to support all 3 modes….  install Avatar as the best test.  If avatar is working for you 100% then this t2 and all others like it will just ‘work’ by dropping the folder into your PupVideos.

whew…..

Johngreve
                              Participant
                                @johngreve

just to clarify. PinUp Player has THREE ways to work with tables/roms. Stranger things is table-script method which is the easiest to get working as it relies on no other plugin/dll….it will just ‘work’

2nd is b2s plugin method that some tables like back-to-future/batman use. this works off rom events via b2s…. this requireds you to have installed pup b2s plugin correctly and have your b2s setup to ‘activate’ plugins
                                3rd is PUPCapture… similar to this/Avatar /New TRON… this requires a very slightly-modified version of freezy.dll (and use external in vpx) to use to trigger videos.

So if you want to verify that your PuP is setup to support all 3 modes…. install Avatar as the best test. If avatar is working for you 100% then this t2 and all others like it will just ‘work’ by dropping the folder into your PupVideos.

whew…..

Great advice Nailbuster…..a question or two if I may….
                                I have all the PuP tables installed and I believe Avater works 100% as I see plenty of videos that seem to trigger properly,however with AFM and Batman some of the videos just never play even though you achieve the event that I believe should trigger them. For example, when multiball is achieved it is never displayed on AFM even though there is a video for it. It seems like perhaps all the PupCapture videos being triggered off the DVD aren’t being displayed. Do you have any idea what my problem could be here? I’ve watched all of TerryReds tutorials and believe I have PuP 1.2 installed properly. Not sure what to look at to fix this….there are so many other videos that could be displayed that are not being displayed.
                                Thanks

NailBuster
                                  @nailbuster
                                  ModeratorMember

Great advice Nailbuster…..a question or two if I may…. I have all the PuP tables installed and I believe Avater works 100% as I see plenty of videos that seem to trigger properly,however with AFM and Batman some of the videos just never play even though you achieve the event that I believe should trigger them. For example, when multiball is achieved it is never displayed on AFM even though there is a video for it. It seems like perhaps all the PupCapture videos being triggered off the DVD aren’t being displayed. Do you have any idea what my problem could be here? I’ve watched all of TerryReds tutorials and believe I have PuP 1.2 installed properly. Not sure what to look at to fix this….there are so many other videos that could be displayed that are not being displayed. Thanks

two things that may affect PuPCapture.  the colours are too ‘off’ from the match image…. or another text language on the DMD is used so that the words wont match the image.

if you go into your pupvideos/<rom>   for tables that use pupcapture there’s a subfolder with the matchbox images.   you can browse those and see if the colours are really different than your setup.

Matt Bini
                                  Participant
                                    @mattbini

snwfrd38  & Johngreve I think to clarify Avatar AFM and Batman have a mixture of triggers, like Nailbuster said there are 3 different ways and some use all of them, after watching TerryReds great tutorial I realised which were which and even though it still takes a little time pupcapure is very easy to use so it was the one for me, you just play the table and select clips you want for triggers, Terrys vid clarifies it brilliantly. If you open your Pinuppack editor and the Rom you will see in the bottom large menu and a lot of different trigger numbers, If you open AFM for instance there are many, but the ones that work off Pinupcapture are prefixed with a D, D1 ect. I wouldnt mind betting if you open the folder that the D triggers are selecting and play the videos in there, they are not playing on the table and you havent seen them before/ are missing out. It is starting to become clear. The reason the looping topper is showing for you is that it is not a triggered item in my pack, that is the only video that isnt. I also remembered earlier that it is Not just about having Freezys Dll which I originally had, you have to have the latest one. Check TerryReds Tron latest table I think he has a link to it there. It will all be Mighty Fine after that is installed I am sure. :good: Please let me know.

Matt Bini
                                    Participant
                                      @mattbini

If you only see the looping t2 judgement day screen check below

Requirements:

You MUST have DMDext 1.6 installed, and then PinUP Player 1.20+ installed in order to use the required PuPCapture function that this table uses.

I dont think the original version had dmdext 1.6

I think they install automatically if you download the latest pup player from this site. But if you already have pupplayer 1.2 get freezys 1.6 dll below

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

Sorry for the confusion

NailBuster
                                        @nailbuster
                                        ModeratorMember

Matt you may be confusing people with your latest suggestion.

We only want to make sure that freezy’s dll v1.6 is fully working on their systems PRIOR to installing PinUP Player v1.2… that way there’s no troubleshooting BOTH freezy while trying to get PuP to work.

When you install PinUP Player it will overwrite the dmddevice.dll (this is freezy dll driver) to v1.6.1 of freezy/pup… that is all that is required.

if user goes to your link and grabs dmddevice.dll again, then they will be overwriting the freezy/pup version of dmddevice.dll…. and for sure will not allow PuP to work properly with pupcapture.

I would suggest if user cannot get this pack to work, and can’t get avatar to work… they go to the vpinball forums of PinUP and start a thread as it’s not something specific to this pack.

Matt Bini
                                        Participant
                                          @mattbini

NailBuster sorry. Yes I got carried away, i dont want to confuse people more. Good point. Thanks

Johngreve
                                          Participant
                                            @johngreve

just to clarify. PinUp Player has THREE ways to work with tables/roms. Stranger things is table-script method which is the easiest to get working as it relies on no other plugin/dll….it will just ‘work’

2nd is b2s plugin method that some tables like back-to-future/batman use. this works off rom events via b2s…. this requireds you to have installed pup b2s plugin correctly and have your b2s setup to ‘activate’ plugins

So if you want to verify that your PuP is setup to support all 3 modes…. install Avatar as the best test. If avatar is working for you 100% then this t2 and all others like it will just ‘work’ by dropping the folder into your PupVideos.

whew…..

Matt you may be confusing people with your latest suggestion.

We only want to make sure that freezy’s dll v1.6 is fully working on their systems PRIOR to installing PinUP Player v1.2… that way there’s no troubleshooting BOTH freezy while trying to get PuP to work.

When you install PinUP Player it will overwrite the dmddevice.dll (this is freezy dll driver) to v1.6.1 of freezy/pup… that is all that is required.

if user goes to your link and grabs dmddevice.dll again, then they will be overwriting the freezy/pup version of dmddevice.dll…. and for sure will not allow PuP to work properly with pupcapture.

I would suggest if user cannot get this pack to work, and can’t get avatar to work… they go to the vpinball forums of PinUP and start a thread as it’s not something specific to this pack.

Thanks Nailbuster and Matt,
                                            I’m going to gather some more info together based on your recommendations and startup a new thread in the PuP support forums as I believe my problem is not just limited to the T2 pack here. I don’t want to hijack Matt’s support topic thread and I really look forward to getting this T2 pack to run. Thanks guys!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?