TABLE VOLUMES IN CABINETS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Phil Docker
    Participant
      @dock

In my cabinet – it seems that the volumes for different manufacturer tables are all over the place.

I am considering using two different outputs (one for mech sounds, and one for the ‘rom’ sounds’) and using a small mixer into my amp.

Between the ‘table rom’ output and mixer I am considered using a compressor/limiter rackmount unit – but doing all of this will add expense and a lot of trouble to do.

Does anyone run a ‘software’ compressor to level out volumes?

I just can not get the mix right between all my tables.  Yes – I know how to open my cab door and adjust volumes in roms – but listening to mainly Stern tables then bally/williams ones – there is such a difference in output levels.

I may also use a digital mixer that sends a ‘midi’ control signal to the mixer upon the start of each game – but very expensive again.

Shocked nobody has a plug in or extension to pinball x/pinmame/vp that levels outputs.

How do other people get round the same issue?

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I don’t recall having issues. though if a table is louder then i want yes i adjust rom volume but i also have master 2.1 audio volume for speakers/sub  in coin door also so i usually just turn that up or down a bit along with bass if i want

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
        Participant
          @jesperpark

Which version of Pinmame are you using? I upgraded to the latest release of  Pinmame this week and found playing South Park the voices are all of a sudden half the volume as before and the rest of the noises seem quite loud.  I reverted back to 2.27 from VPUniverse  and everything seems more equal.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I use latest from Vpuniverse with sam support and seems fine here. make sure you have correct one though for no pindmd or pindmd unified etc.

for IOS and Android

Phil Docker
            Participant
              @dock

Im using the correct (well latest) version.   I upgraded my can and put a PinDMD v3 in it and had to change the version then.

All the Sterns now (even at FULL ROM VOLUME) are pretty unplayable.  The ‘mechanical’ noises are always loud enough.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Makes no sense. I do not have a pindmd3 so maybe try non pindmd3 version and if it works then that is the issue. I have pin2dmd and works fine

for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                  @rustycardores
                  MemberModerator

Couldn’t you not simply use the separate volume control inside VP to set your levels for each table?

So for example, if you set both Music and Mechanical slides to 80% as the overall starting point for all tables and then set your speaker output volume to the desired level. Being at 80% would then allow you room to increase/decrease a table’s music or mechanical to a consistent level with other tables.

I’ve not found much of a variation in my tables, but there are one or two that needed individual adjustment as above.

Phil Docker
                  Participant
                    @dock

Yeah Rusty- that of course is an answer but do not relish the thought of going thru 150 tables.  Was looking for an easier way :)

Was looking at trying to run a VST pluggin on my sound output today.  Will let you know if I can find a fix !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?