Tables rotation, F6, Scale and Offset can affect image quality.?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    waltiti
    Participant
      @waltiti

Hi guys.

First, Im a noob !!!!!!!

I have this doubt… when I download a table, normally the tables are horizontally in landscape mode., but I want to have the playfield screen in portrait mode, to can play arcade games in vertical/portrait mode like a Pincade.

So, I rotate these tables in Backdrop > Options > XY Rotation > from 270 to 0.

So, when I run the table at first all these tables are vertically shrink, so with F6 and using Scale and Offset options, I can resize the table to the screen edges.

QUESTION, In this case, when I using Scale and Offset, this method can affect image quality. ?

I using a 24″ desktop monitor, so I don’t see that affect the image, but maybe when I run these tables on a 43″ monitor will be different.

Thanks

Walt

waltiti

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

First. You normally don’t need to change the 270 to a 0 and then rotate. That is for VP9, not VPX. You should be able to choose if you want Desktop or Fullscreen or even FFS in VPX.

And, no, changing scale and offset is considered safe changes. Except, for tables like the newly VPX release of Totan and a few others where almost everything i pre-rendered in a 3D graphics application. Looking at the Beta thread. It looks like this might become more and more common though. But, still I urge you to change the tables so they look good for you.

waltiti
        Participant
          @waltiti

Thanks for the answer but…

If I have the playfield in portrait mode when I run the table in full screen I see a small table horizontally in the middle on my portrait screen.

Means the tables, the majority of them, are created in landscape mode but horizontally,

And yes, the new tables I see come out in outstanding quality looks super real, so that’s why I don’t want to lose image quality when I rotate and use the scale.

To upgrade to beta 10.6, I only need to upgrade VP software or also other pieces of software that are inside.

there is an upgrade tutorial?

Thanks

waltiti

Badazzwi
          Participant
            @badazzwi

Upgrade is pretty straightforward. Backup your old files and copy over the new files overwriting the old ones.

I use a 43 inch monitor and to fit my tables I set the x scale to 1 and then fill with the z offset. Usually change most of the other settings too besides z scale. There is a good thread over at vpf discussing pov for tables.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Loganchihuahua
            Participant
              @chihua07

If you do move the xy from 270 to 0 make sure you swap the x and y scale #s and offset #s since you essentially swapped x for y  by rotating it. Then you can further fine tune offset to zoom in and go left and right and up and down. Do this in camera edit mode To see what you are changing.

if you look in the tales of the arabian knights support forum ther is a Mention how to update vpx and vpinmame . Like page 10 of forum support for that table.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?