Tables that use Solmodcallback have performance issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw
      ModeratorContributorMembervip

I recently updated my cab to Windows 10.  Now, all tables that use SolModCallback have framerate drops when the flashers are firing (call to solmodcallback).  If I comment the lines with SolModCallback out, the tables run flawlessly.  I also tried killing many other parts of the script, but nothing else had any effect on the framerate drops.  This happens with and without a backglass running.

I’ve tried 10.5, 10.6, vpinmame 3.0, 3.1, and 3.2 and numerous combinations.  All show the same symptoms.

I pulled up a back-up from last March and all these tables run fine on Windows 7.  All my VPX settings are the same.  I even upgraded VPX to 10.6 and vpinmame to 3.2 on the back-up copy and everything continued to run fine.

I also had randr run a test on his Windows 7 machine.  He saw the same symptoms on similar hardware to what I’m using.  So I don’t think it my Windows version.

Any ideas?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Draifet
      Participant
        @draifet

Graphic card drivers?

rothbauerw
          @rothbauerw

I have the latest video drivers.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

is there anyway it can be B2s even though you turn off b2s i think its still running?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw

It does still run.  Disabled it and saw no change.  Even without brute force or any other anti-aliasing I’m seeing slow downs.

I did find out that windows 10 handles exclusive fullscreen a little differently. I tried disabling optimizing fullscreen but that had no effect.

Slydog43
              Participant
                @slydog43

maybe post a question in the VPX 10.6 beta thread so that Toxie & Fuzzel see it.  Can you give me an exact table to test out with and I will see what happens on my rig (win10x64).

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

I’m seeing it, too with an RTX 2080. Frame rates drop by about 20%.

rothbauerw
                    @rothbauerw

maybe post a question in the VPX 10.6 beta thread so that Toxie & Fuzzel see it. Can you give me an exact table to test out with and I will see what happens on my rig (win10x64).

All tables that have solmodcallback.  Some specific tables, the new Funhouse beta, Cyberpez’s AFM, Fozzy’s T2, GK5’s AFM (I assume he’s using it, I see huge drops when I destroy the saucer, BOP.

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw

I’m hesitant to post in the 10.6 beta thread as I don’t know if it’s vpinmame, vpx, or my setup. I do know that I reverted to Win 7 and everything is now working fine.

wrd1972
                      Participant
                        @wrd1972
                        MembervipContributor

Roth,

Skitso sent me a message saying that at FH_wip56, the performance was much higher than the latest revs. Might be worth looking and see what significant differences there are between those versions.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?