Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    shaman
    Participant
    @shaman

Unbelievable work Flupper. Been following the WIP in amazement. I cannot thank you enough for all of the effort and time and everything you do. Your Diner table I always thought was wonderful, but this really just raised the bar higher. Really can’t say thank you enough.

Also thank you to JPSalas, Rothbauerw, Clark Kent, Randr, Arngrim, Knorr, nFozzy, G5K, VP Devs and everyone else along the way.  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

chihua07
    Participant
    @chihua07

@clarkkent Can you get videos of the same flipper behaviors on a real pin?

I’m going to keep this conversation on the public forum and I will post test files here.  I’d like community feedback on the changes we’re making.

Thank you so much.  It is an incredibly interesting conversation and we would love to be a part of the testing/feedback.  Thank you for all that you guys do. Its fantastic.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

I’m going to keep this conversation on the public forum and I will post test files here.  I’d like community feedback on the changes we’re making.

Probably a good idea to move the continuation of this discussion to its own thread.

Clark Kent
    Participant
    @clarkkent
    MemberContributor

I think this short video shows it the best:

Blacksad
    Participant
    @blacksad

I have troubles with the new dB2S from blacksad – I only see the middle flasher and nothing else. Does somebody experience that, too? I wonder what that could be… 1+

Hello,

This morning I downloaded and tested the 3 versions 3.0 uploaded on Vpinball, VPUniverse and VPForums and all of them work like a charm on my little 2 screens  pincab ( intel core i3 / 4Gb RAM / GTX550).

How many are you having a problem with it ?

Actually I don’t understand why it work on my little pincab and not on some others highter configurations pincab :unsure:

Somebody has an idea ? Too heavy file ??

We can talk about this here :
    https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tales-of-the-arabian-nights-williams-1996-totan-2-3-screens-directb2s-db2s/#bbpress

N3roflint
    Participant
    @n3roflint

Probably a good idea to move the continuation of this discussion to its own thread.

Isn’t this type of discussion exactly what the “table support” thread is supposed to be used for? One of the authors who is responsible for the table physics s asking for feedback from forum members in regards to the table physics.

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Depends. The way I see it. We are now discussing flipper physics in general. NOT anything specific to this table anymore. Not, going to say anymore about it, I’ve aired my opinion on the matter and I’m not going to enforce anything :whistle:

Blacksad
    Participant
    @blacksad

Hello, sorry to all 3 screens users who did’nt see animations from my TOTAN B2S when grill was hidden.

B2S version 3.1 with bug fix is up here :
    https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tales-of-the-arabian-nights-williams-1996-totan-2-3-screens-directb2s-db2s/

:bye:

xphilou29
    Participant
    @xphilou29

Thank you so much flupper, this is a piece of art! really amazing  :yahoo:

Scooby
    Participant
    @scooby

If we’re playing the table on a 3 screen cab and don’t have VR, is there any reason to download version 1.2? Version 1.1 plays great.

Thanks again for all of you work and for an incredible table!

arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

An extra big thanks for the FSS support. will try that out now. :heart:

Flupper
    Participant
    @philippe

If we’re playing the table on a 3 screen cab and don’t have VR, is there any reason to download version 1.2? Version 1.1 plays great.

Thanks again for all of you work and for an incredible table!

Nothing else was changed, only added fss support

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Cordsl
    Participant
    @cordsl

This is really fabulous, i’m just starting to build a cabinet, but now i’ve seen this i wanted it to be ready so i could play this  in 4k  :good: :whistle: :yahoo:

Dustin
    Participant
    @fwiler

I’ve been gone for a long time, and when I come back, I find this masterpiece.

I love to see an artist that understands the contrast and color needed to make things look real.

Thank you times a million.

Bigmike20vt
    Participant
    @bigmike20vt

What a beautiful table. This last few months the bar has been raised so much!.

How is this running for people? Every other table I have work ok but I just updated to windows 10. It is bordering on unplayable on my machine but am wondering if this is due to my clean windows 10 install?

My rig is an haswell i3 (2 core with hyperthreading)  (onboard gpu running backglass) and a gtx 660ti running playfield and DMD monitor

Running at 1080p

Just wondering if this is to be expected.

Thanks

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Yes.

Flupper
    Participant
    @philippe

What a beautiful table. This last few months the bar has been raised so much!.

How is this running for people? Every other table I have work ok but I just updated to windows 10. It is bordering on unplayable on my machine but am wondering if this is due to my clean windows 10 install?

My rig is an haswell i3 (2 core with hyperthreading)  (onboard gpu running backglass) and a gtx 660ti running playfield and DMD monitor

Running at 1080p

Just wondering if this is to be expected.

Thanks

I have not heard of this before; just the opposite in fact. Due to the relatively low amount of polys it is quite smooth even on lower level cpu/gpu. Things to check:

• did you disable 4xAA in VPX? not necessary for totan
    • connect all three screens to the same videocard (your GTX660ti); this is generally faster than one to the onboard GPU
    • disable the onboard GPU in the bios
    • try to lower the max texture dimension in VPX settings
    • are you using the latest 10.6 beta?
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

I can confirm that this table is not only playable on an under-powered rig @Bigmike20vt  , but also a jaw-dropping exploration into where artists like Flupper are taking us.  Fascinating time to be figuring this all out.

Bigmike20vt
    Participant
    @bigmike20vt

Well in which case I need to have a look and figure out what is wrong with my system. When the lights are going full tilt I must be on 15fps.

Never had this issue on old build

Jesperpark
    Participant
    @jesperpark

Wow thanks for the table update Flupper!!  I’m always amazed by the list of changes as this table looks and plays so good already.

Also a thanks to Rothbauerw and all the testers who had Input into the new physics that were Included in this release

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account