Tales of the Arabian Nights 4K

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

Thanks for the update.  :-)

STAT
      Participant
        @stefanaustria
        MemberContributor

Thanks also :rose:

Ginsonic
        Participant
          @ginsonic

And another Austrian Thanks  :good:

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

@philippe : Really love that you made some of the changes into options. It is then easy to compare the “different versions” without needing to keep two copies. And of course, I love properly placed randomness. I really hate to see patterns while playing :good:

Once again – thank you for this amazing table, and thanks to you too Roth.

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Great update! Can’t believe the work @rothbauerw put into tweaking the physics – in almost realtime on a public forum no less. Thanks to you both.

Herweh
              Participant
                @herweh
                vipMemberContributor

What an update, I love it, guys. Thx so much for your continuous development on this table. For the last weeks I always closed my play sessions with some games of TOTAN. When friends of mine come for some playin, this table is always played. I‘m still talking to my ‚government‘ (my wonderful wife ;-)) to get the money for a 4K playfield screen.

Herweh
                Participant
                  @herweh
                  vipMemberContributor

And hopefully it‘s okay, Flupper, to send some extra thanks to Roth for his awesome and continuous work to improve VP physics. I love what‘s happening here.

Flupper
                  Participant
                    @philippe

Great update! Can’t believe the work @rothbauerw put into tweaking the physics – in almost realtime on a public forum no less. Thanks to you both.

Forgot to mention: Rothbauerw did all changes in 1.3, so all thanks are for him!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Loganchihuahua
                    Participant
                      @chihua07

@rothbauerw  Thanks so much for the amazing Physics update. I had so much fun testing out all the versions in the physics forum. Thanks for including us all in the process.  I said it in the Physics forum, and I will say it again.  The table has such a natural feel to it now.  Thank you so much for the update.  Flupper thank you so much for the absolutely stunning table.  It is a piece of art!!  This table really shines all around.  Also thanks to Clark Kent for plastics, Knorr for sound pack, Nfozzy and G5k etc…..   Thank you all. It is simply wonderful!!!

:heart:

JLLL
                      Participant
                        @jlouloulou

Hi @Flupper !

Great work to keep update your marsterpiece!!!

Few words, for me, old flippers physics are more closed to my real flipper physics ( Gottlieb Stargte ) than the new flippers physics. The new flippers physics are like some other table.. I don’t know how to explain it.. So i see lot of over spinning too and it give trouble to have good flipper/ball  interaction I think, especially for the trajectory that gives an impression of randomness.  So I turn on “old physics” in script costs somes flipper tricks possibility.

Keep going to update your MarsterPiece!!!!!! I / We love it!  :good:   :good:   :good:   :good:

Skyrider
                        Participant
                          @skyrider

A big thank you for this further update of an already awesome table! :-)

The Loafer
                          Participant
                            @theloafer

About 11 days ago, I had tried one of the physics betas.  It did not perform as well as I’d hoped but didn’t comment publicly as I needed to test further and more importantly ensure everything is updated (gpu drivers and vp!).  Good decision as having done so, i can now see it plays fantastic.  I like the flipper post pass, works great.  I didn’t try all the flipper tricks but post pass works good and the important thing to me is the “playing the bloody game” part of the physics is superb, no complaints at all.  Thanks to all who comtributed!

it really is a fantastic release, wow!  I can’t fathom how this can be improved.

Eispic
                            Participant
                              @eispic

Hello Friends,

I have a question, how can i put my virtual DMD into the window of the table? Do you know what I mean.

Blacksad
                              Participant
                                @blacksad

Many thanks for the update !

BrandonLaw
                                Participant
                                  @brandonlaw

Has anyone thought the plunger was wildly strong on this table?  Been the same on all revs, and this is the only table to see such behavior.  I’ve edited the physics of it, but seems the ability for the table to recognize the plunger’s variable stays consistent which ultimately isn’t changing much.  Let me try to better explain…if the normal range and recognition of power is 1-100…this particular table only seems to see 90-100.    So I need the power to stay where it’s at in the physics to get to the third basket, but doesn’t want to see less powerful pulls as less powerful.  In order to get my first snake basket, I only pull back 1/8th of an inch.  This normal?

"Fuck this game. I love it."

rothbauerw
                                    @rothbauerw
                                    ModeratorContributorMembervip

Has anyone thought the plunger was wildly strong on this table?  Been the same on all revs, and this is the only table to see such behavior.  I’ve edited the physics of it, but seems the ability for the table to recognize the plunger’s variable stays consistent which ultimately isn’t changing much.  Let me try to better explain…if the normal range and recognition of power is 1-100…this particular table only seems to see 90-100.    So I need the power to stay where it’s at in the physics to get to the third basket, but doesn’t want to see less powerful pulls as less powerful.  In order to get my first snake basket, I only pull back 1/8th of an inch.  This normal?

I don’t have this problem. Are you using an analog plunger or playing desktop?

You might try playing with the Momentum xfer settings instead the strength/ power setting.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                    BrandonLaw
                                    Participant
                                      @brandonlaw

Thanks for the reply!  I am using an analog plunger and have edited the physics of the plunger to not go berserk, but in the same sense, I still have very little ‘variability’ in my pull.  This includes adjustment to the momentum xfer.  I even searched the script for ‘plunge’ to see if anything was added or scripted… nothing outside of some image and sound calls.  I’m perplexed.

Edited.  It only makes sense that if my plunging is overall sensitive, dialing it in to be manageable would be a real fine-tune.  I thank you for your advice @rothbauerw as .84 seemed to space out the adjustments quite well on the xfer.  I had it at .9, but that just wasn’t trying to fine-tune.  Here is what is working for me if anyone runs into this…

Capture

"Fuck this game. I love it."

JR
                                      JR
                                      Participant
                                        @jfr1

@BrandonLaw   – thanks for taking the time to post this and @rothbauerw for providing the guidance.  I just installed a kl25z  with a potentiometer set-up for my plunger a couple of weeks ago and have been dialing in nudge/plunge every night since.  I was experiencing the same problem with this table and figured I had some calibration issues to tend to, which I did.  And this pointed me right where to go.  A post like this saved me, and possibly many others, a lot of time.  Thanks again!!

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/plunger-adjustments/

Explains most of the stuff you’ll ever need about the plunger.

JR
                                          JR
                                          Participant
                                            @jfr1

….I saved a link to that post a few months ago knowing it would some day soon come in handy.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 284 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?