Tales of the Arabian Nights 4K

• This topic has 283 replies, 135 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by JR.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    val56
    Participant
      @val56

Thanks.

bietekwiet
      Participant
        @bietekwiet

Absolutely fabulous work!

This is such a beauty and great table to play! Thank you so much.

My GTX1050ti is struggling a bit on it (slight stutter occasionally) but the gameplay remains really good.

I am wondering, the B2s backglass I use is quite high res. Would playfield performance improve if I would use a lower resolution B2s? Or is impact minimal?

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Stutter is often related to, as you suggested, lack of resources. There is several ways of saving resources though. Turning off ball reflections is often the easiest fix. I would do that before trying to save on a good looking db2s, but, that’s just me.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

@bietekwiet you running exclussive full screen? maybe a screenshot of your VP video prefrences would be helpful incase you have a setting incorrectly set

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

Have you right clicked the back-glass and played with the performance tuning settings?  Any non-shaded settings I bump to the highest # possible.  On this bg (this is just an example), the skip lamp frames/solenoid frames can be set to sometimes a possible max of 30.  Helps a ton on my setup.

b2s

robertms
              Participant
                @mophead

Have you right clicked the back-glass and played with the performance tuning settings? Any non-shaded settings I bump to the highest # possible. On this bg (this is just an example), the skip lamp frames/solenoid frames can be set to sometimes a possible max of 30. Helps a ton on my setup.

b2s

Hey @jfr1, might want to update your B2S server, looks like you’re a couple versions behind ;-)

Latest v1.3.0.4:   https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Have you right clicked the back-glass and played with the performance tuning settings? Any non-shaded settings I bump to the highest # possible. On this bg (this is just an example), the skip lamp frames/solenoid frames can be set to sometimes a possible max of 30. Helps a ton on my setup.

b2s

Hey @jfr1, might want to update your B2S server, looks like you’re a couple versions behind ;-)

Latest v1.3.0.4: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

Ha…that was just the first Google image I found to show what it looks like.  But thanks for watching out for me!

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

Phew, just checked and my b2s server is up to date.  If @bietekwiet or others with performance issues are reading – for this table I did create a static BG using Herweh’s fantastic b2s BGdesigner (much easier to learn than Blender :wacko: ).  Static BG sound boring?  Nope.  I tracked down a semi-decent image of an alternate translite for TOTAN I first read about here to use – https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-totan-alternate-translitewall-art-65  ..no drag on the pc and it’s far from boring.

bietekwiet
                    Participant
                      @bietekwiet

Thanks for the reactions to improve the performance stutter .

I will experiment with b2s/backglass settings.

In the mean time, here are my general video settings, they should be ok, right?

I would like to run 4XSSAA over Quality MSAA but it stutters even more then. I can live with some jaginess on the rails, but I really dislike seeing pixels on the ball itself.

IMG_20200221_100922

Flupper
                      Participant
                        @philippe

Don’t know about the ball, but you do not need 4xAA, since everything is prerendered. And you can switch off ambient occlusion and SS reflections as well.

bietekwiet
                        Participant
                          @bietekwiet

I turned off ambient occlusion and ScreenSpace Reflections and kept it on Quality SMAA.

No real improvements.

One curious thing: There is a crackle in the sound which I have not experienced in any other table. It sounds like  speakers are being pushed over their limit and they crack but volume levels are fine ( I lowered tem just to be sure to no avail).

I am wondering if perhaps the ROM can have influence on performance?

PS: I wanted to try to play with the B2S options but most are all greyed out and I have no experience with making or altering their .xml files

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

Have you tried playing without a BG?

bietekwiet
                            Participant
                              @bietekwiet

The sound issues were due to the ROM volume set too high . I am keeping it under 27 now and no crackling.

mraaron
                              Participant
                                @mraaron

@wotto sorry to resurrect this thread, but i’m having sound issues also. sound effects for the ball, flippers etc working great but the actual game sound (announcements etc) are really quiet..

great looking game btw.. playing on my desktop until the vpin is done and it’s just stunning!!!! such an amazing job!!

**fixed** was able to adjust the rom volume :)

TNT2
                                Participant
                                  @tnt2

Still blown away by this table. Amazing!

nikolafeve
                                  Participant
                                    @nikolafeve

OMG!!! beautiful

DBrown67
                                    Participant
                                      @dbrown67

I’m new to VPX but this is one of my faves already. One minor detail I noticed in the script… turning the skillshot wall off (as in the real machine) does nothing for me. The wall is always there no matter I set to 0 or 1.

mraaron
                                      Participant
                                        @mraaron

Such a bad ass table.. It’s definitely in my top 5 favorites (probably top 2, potc sig mod and this).

thanks again for a great looking table!

ericcsgmu
                                        Participant
                                          @ericcsgmu

Hey All, like most of you, I think this table is in the top 5 or even 3 in regards to visuals, the issue I have is that I don’t find myself drawn to the table because of how hard a time I have getting the ball up the primary ramp.  I come back to the table every month or so, and thinking that it can’t be that bad, but it always is.  I think of myself as rather good on pinball and esp visual pinball, but this table is always a killer when it comes to the primary ramp.

Am I alone in this opinion?  I want this to be in the fav rotation, but when I play this game I often gravitate to JPs or skitso’s  because in both cases my primary ramp shot is a lot more makeable.   Let me know if it is just me and this table is just my weakness or is my feeling on the table correct with the tougher than normal ramp shot.

Thanks to Flupper for the amazing table, I want it to be one of my top,…help me crack this one! Thanks again

mraaron
                                          Participant
                                            @mraaron

I don’t remember the actual table, but that ramp is tough. I can hit it enough, get the super skill shots etc. It isn’t 100% though. Have to hit your shot dead on, especially if you want it to completely go around to collect the jewel. Beat the game a few times despite the challenge of that ramp.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 284 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?