Tales of the Arabian Nights 4K

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
      @theloafer

@wotto : You should fix your problem. Not work around it with slow flippers. The reason for your problem has been explained twice. First by me, secondly by flupper. You have more than one core.vbs most probably, and that will effect not only this game, but all games where fast flips has been implemented and believe me. It is a huge difference in game play.

I believe there could be another cause:  he THINKS he’s on a recent VP/VPM but he is not.  As you guys explained it though, WOTTO needs to run the latest all-in-one install, then update with latest beta for VP and VPM which should contain everything he needs for newer tables like this one to work.  Its either that or there’ an errant core.vbs as you guys have stated

Wotto:  the difference with fastflips is worth resolving this issue.

Shamrock1980
      Participant
        @shamrock1980

Thanks Flupper for your hard work. Its amazing.  :good:

arconovum
        Participant
          @nicholaschristopher
          MemberContributor

@wotto here is a copy with the classic FastFlips fix for Pre-vpinmame 3.5 something something.. this table just uses the old system 7 solonoid call.

hope this works for you..

EDIT: yeah I figured.. it would be some other hardware.. and I finally found it.. tested initially but found nothing but luck I found it after I posted, of course !!!

phlove
          Participant
            @phlove

Great table guys realy great. I wish there would me more of this this is acually the best looking table available.

Can me someone help with the colored rom ? and link it to me

regards

firebrand007
            Participant
              @firebrand007

A masterpiece !!! A million thanks for the hard work on this !

Mongi
              Participant
                @mongi

Wow, just played it and it looks unbelievable ! Great job!!  :good:

pinballroo
                Participant
                  @pinballroo

Thanks for all the hard work!

NetzZwerg
                  Participant
                    @netzzwerg

I also had the red circle around the ball but it disappeared as soon as I updated to the latest beta like Flupper already suggested in his installation instructions.

TinyBlackDog
                    Participant
                      @dbknightx

I’m pretty new to virtual pinball having owned real machines for 20 years, including a TOTAN that I restored and sold around 15 years ago.  Not only are the visuals on this top notch – stunning in fact – but the way it plays is so accurate.  Many games in VPX are way too easy, but this one just feels right.

Thanks so much for an amazing release.  You have spoiled us with your attention to detail and realism.  Bravo!

misfit
                      Participant
                        @edavis

Just wow…nice work  :good:

arconovum
                        Participant
                          @nicholaschristopher
                          MemberContributor

So I think I copied over everything this time..

@wotto
                          here is a copy with the classic FastFlips fix for Pre-vpinmame 3.5 something something.. this table just uses the old system 7 solonoid call.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17CkZHD0q6LaFdWX2z9FsdGeMNUcBI2K_

naeromagus
                          Participant
                            @naeromagus

I am so happy to see a positive response of comments, likes and thanks for this table. Not just taking as usual

You have really took this table and vpx to another level. Thanks again flupper and team for this work of art can’t be done without you all

vogliadicane
                            Participant
                              @vogliadicane

@Skitso My thanks to Your post was especially, because I loved your version. :good:

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

@Skitso My thanks to Your post was especially, because I loved your version. :good:

I fully second this comment!  @skitso ‘s version is another table that surprised me how well it worked on my wimpy set-up.  Top 5 in plays.  Thanks for the Shadow too!!

DJRobX
                                  @djrobx
                                  MemberModerator

After spending more time with the table,  I think the physics on this are the best of all VPX tables I’ve played.

It’s hard to catch the ball with the flippers.   The ball bounces off things on the lower PF like the lamp with gusto (sometimes straight into the drain!).     Yet the overall flipper strength isn’t so out of control – it’s just enough to get up those ramps.    Those are things I notice the most when I play real pins that make them harder vs. my vpx tables.

Props to nFozzy for his new physics correction code and everyone involved.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  dazzadasha
                                  Participant
                                    @dazzadasha

Ive have paid versions of this table and they don’t compare with this. Not even close. Incredible, thank you (all).

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

I was on my way out the door but finally got a chance to quickly try out this gem.  From just the initial impression we can determine this really is a masterpiece.  Agree with other posters that as much as the graphics and lighting are out of this world, the physics are just as perfect as can be expected from virtual pinball .

I’m a big believer in making virtual tables play more realistic, which means if you miss a key shot it should not be just a miss but also the table design usually punish you.  Ie: Outlanes should punish you.  Slings should punish you. That toy missed you should punish you.  The Ramps if missed should punish you, ball control should not be so easy

well mission accomplished!

Wotto
                                      Participant
                                        @wotto

@wotto : You should fix your problem. Not work around it with slow flippers. The reason for your problem has been explained twice. First by me, secondly by flupper. You have more than one core.vbs most probably, and that will effect not only this game, but all games where fast flips has been implemented and believe me. It is a huge difference in game play.

Thanks – but as far as I can see I only have 1 x Core.VBS on my system .

I also have never had an issue with slow flippers on any table, so unsure why that happend for me on this table. Sorted regardless, as is the sound , so Im all set – thanks all

Wotto
                                        Participant
                                          @wotto

So I think I copied over everything this time..

@wotto
                                          here is a copy with the classic FastFlips fix for Pre-vpinmame 3.5 something something.. this table just uses the old system 7 solonoid call.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17CkZHD0q6LaFdWX2z9FsdGeMNUcBI2K_

Ok – I ‘think’ I can feel a difference -much ‘smoother’ – yes ??

And yes my Pinmame is 3.0 so I guess I need to sort that ….

And go learn about fast flips…… thanks all

GREAT table – this has set the bar VERY VERY high now !

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

Your vpm is too old I think this is why we recommend updating everything

fastflips: it’s not that the flippers are smoother but they react faster.  For me two major additions to playing vpx games has been fastflips support in vpm and “exclusive fullscreen” .  If I Turn both off then I’m late on the flip, that’s how much of a difference they make

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 284 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?