Tales of the Arabian Nights is finally released for Future Pinball!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

A day many thought would never come…. Tales of the Arabian Nights is released for Future Pinball!

Smoke has done an amazing job recreating this table almost completely from scratch. Remember, there are no roms involved here….so he did all the leg work himself!

While I’m sure the purists will find some differences, etc… I love what I have seen so far. This is v1.0 of the table.

You need the newest BAM to get all the features working for the table, etc.

The table is currently available here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-23378-tales_of_the_arabian_nights

No DOFLinx mod yet…but maybe one day!

GeorgeH
      Participant
        @georgeh

It is unfortunate that no one replied to this topic.  This is a truely great table.

I have never been a big fan of Smoke’s physics.  I created my own physics.  I noticed someone else is using version 2.5.

George

PinWiz99
        Participant
          @pinwiz99

Smoke’s physics are weird especially with the “weight” he gives flippers. Even playing with a keyboard it lags.

I have been experimenting with his as a template but in the end I just pick 2.5 (i was using 2.7 I may need to go back to it)

I tend to increase the ball mass to 45 and the gravity to above 7000 then angle the table slope appropriate. I’m FAR from a pro player so aiming and stuff of that nature are enh to me. Ball float is what bugged me more, but now with adjusting gravity and slope i get a good ball roll. You would need to adjust some kickers though.

TOTAN is a fun table.

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

I would highly recommend reading up on BAM’s Dynamic Flippers and physics. Adding that to any table via table script) makes it play so much better, and you can adjust it to your liking…and you can even include your favorite xml as well if you like into the table script.

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6676

PinWiz99
            Participant
              @pinwiz99

Yeah Gimli added them to the Attack from Mars Ultimate edition he helped mod for me to add spinning saucers. I honestly haven’t played tables that have that incorporated enough to see a difference. I tend to up the flipper strength depending on table and keep it at soft or intermediate.

I’m planning to add them to Slam’s LOTR Ultimate 1.06 edition that unearthed and revamping by doing the NEO LED mod to it and changing up a few textures. Once I finish getting the lighting correct I’ll work on the physics.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?