This topic contains 157 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  STAT 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 158 total)
  • Author
     Moritz 
    Participant

Hello, thanks for this great table.

I noticed that left Orb Adv X is not working, it never gets lit to achieve an advance X neither in Tales of the Cyclops.

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     Skitso 
    Participant

This is only a visual mod. I have no idea how to fix that. Sorry. :/

foofoorabbit 
    Participant

Here’s where I hope Flupper’s upcoming mod can fix some of the issues with JPSalas’ original.

Issues like mentioned above. But my main gripe is how the ball drops like a rock from skillshot platform onto ramps and onto the table.

I know nothing of how VPX works (at the moment) but I’m guessing those spots are scripted? When the ball hits those spots, it gets moved to a lower level instead of naturally falling onto the lower levels.

I haven’t looked at the script so I could very well talking out of my butt.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     DuMichAuch 
    Participant

Hello, thanks for this great table.

I noticed that left Orb Adv X is not working, it never gets lit to achieve an advance X neither in Tales of the Cyclops.

There seem to be no Sub for SW1 in Target Section of the script, unlike SW48.
    SW1 must be SW58, according to VP9 Tables or Switch Test in VPinMame.
    I wonder why no one noticed it in past releases of  TOTAN for Visual PinballX…

Another EDIT: SW58 is covered by SW1, but what is this good for?

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Nice find @dumichauch ! https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33342&p=413286

chucky87 
    Participant

hello said I modified the image and material of the ramp of the sword ball sword shape because it is transparent on your version I put a picture

Attachments:
    4 users thanked author for this post.
     Skitso 
    Participant

Nice find @dumichauch ! https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33342&p=413286

So what changes exactly do I need to do to the script to make it work?

DuMichAuch 
    Participant

So what changes exactly do I need to do to the script to make it work?

Only deleting SW1 in Table Editor is needed. SW58 have to stay, thats all.

Now with unblocked SW58 I am able to hit the Orb on the left and raise up the Multiplier by hitting the Balls in front of SW58.

4 users thanked author for this post.
     Thalamus 

Nothing is needed for the script. Just open the table … hold down “shift + cntrl + e” – scroll down to sw1. Press “select” and then press ‘DEL’ on the keyboard. What has happened is that JP, long time ago must have done a copy/paste and that sw1 target got somehow pasted just over/in front of sw58 that has code. Obviously a small mistake on his behalf. If deleting it is the only change needed is currently untested I guess. Time to put in some debug prints :)

Ah. It’s been verified to work. So, yes – this is what needs to change.

3 users thanked author for this post.
     Draifet 
    Participant

Thanks for the sword and sw1 finds. I have another (picky) one, the Ramp36 is not well aligned with the rest of the ramp, it must be at height 137 instead of 135 and points adjusted to fit. I never played enough this VPX table, probably cause I already played it a lot on FP, time to give it a  good try.

Beautiful mod, congrats.

Thalamus 

Played a lot of FP ? FP isn’t even pinball if you ask me. Sure it has flippers, but that’s about it.

Draifet 
    Participant

Yes Thalamus, now I feel the shame, but I’m very new to VP, I tried VP9 time ago but wasn’t catched, since one day I saw some Laylow’s videos on youtube and my eyes almost fall to the ground, my first VPX table was Attack from Mars (JPSalas) following a tutorial, then Metallica, and now a few hundreds hehe. By now I deleted almost all the FP tables, I only keep some nice originals (funny to play them with the oculus rift). Sorry for the offtopic.

By the way after deleting the sw1, one ball has fallen outside of the walls after hitting it hard, I think I fixed it making the plastic on top bottom collidable, cause since then it never happened again.

Skitso 
    Participant

hello said I modified the image and material of the ramp of the sword ball sword shape because it is transparent on your version I put a picture

The inner sword is meant to be transparent. That’s the way it is in the real thing.

Skitso 
    Participant

Table updated to 1.2

Change log:

• Changed metal ramp from gold to chrome as in original table
    • Fixed metal ramp bottom connection to align better
    • Fixed orb switch to work as intended
    • Small PF, plastics, insert lights and shadow improvements
    • Added fast flips script and fixed the related sound issue
    3 users thanked author for this post.
     Skitso 
    Participant

And here’s a new wheel image for the table:

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=97341

Bluetooth 
    Participant

Thanks for this beautyful version !

+1 for fast flips  :good:

Skyrider 
    Participant

Thanks a lot for this very nice and fantastic looking mod! :yes:

Bob Albright 
    Participant

Is a ball supposed to remain unlaunched in the trough during the Save the girl multiball?

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Is a ball supposed to remain unlaunched in the trough during the Save the girl multiball?

As far as I remember the real machine does not have an auto ball launcher built into it either.

Sven34 
    Participant

Thank you for New Update 1.2  :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account