This topic contains 157 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  STAT 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 158 total)
  • Author
     Mark70 
    Participant

I second this, the ROM colorization is really a great addition to the game, you can find on VPU:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3711-tales-of-the-arabian-nights-colorization/?do=findComment&comment=42033

Dazz, I’m not at the cab right now, but if I remember right, then there is an option to remove the rails within the script.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am looking for T2 cabinet decals, please send pm for offers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flstclasic 
    Participant

I was just getting ready to change all my tables to fast flips. Is this something I should wait to do for a while? When 10.6 is released, would I need to go back and change all the scripts again? Will a future release be able to include fast flips with no change to any scripts needed? Thanks all.

Thank You for the awesome table Skitso!

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

No – you do not need to go back. With 10.6 there is a updated core.vbs that takes care of fastflips for you. You will get problems with Medusa and Vector. One thing you can do to make it really easy for yourself is to download scripts from this url https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts

You can download them all as a zip – extract them somewhere. And for the tables you want to change, put the script along side the table just as you do for db2s backglasses. This feature however REQUIRES 10.6. You should read the info in the end first, so you understand why the scripts are there in the first place and the warning about using correct script to correct table.

flstclasic 
    Participant

Thanks Thalamus. Wow, how cool is that link. Although I am a noob and still learning something new almost daily, this looks like something I may be able to contribute to!

The Loafer 
    Participant

No – you do not need to go back. With 10.6 there is a updated core.vbs that takes care of fastflips for you. You will get problems with Medusa and Vector. One thing you can do to make it really easy for yourself is to download scripts from this url https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts

You can download them all as a zip – extract them somewhere. And for the tables you want to change, put the script along side the table just as you do for db2s backglasses. This feature however REQUIRES 10.6. You should read the info in the end first, so you understand why the scripts are there in the first place and the warning about using correct script to correct table.

Very cool, thanks, I’ve not tried this yet. I gather:

• they need to be named exactly as the VPX file?
    • They have to be in the same location as the table?  IE: they can’t go into the script folder?
     Thalamus 

That is correct.

Manolo / ICE 
    Participant

Thanks Skitso,

The table looks great !

The spiral ramp is clear, and i can finally see the right orbs :).

But i still wonder why the Golden symbols are orange, just like in the shiny mod (i have changed the pf in paint from orange symbols to golden).

thanks you again, awesome work !

i can play this whole day :D

Draifet 
    Participant

Please some help, as I asked before, every time I reset the table the external DMD (freezy) on this table it changes the size after modifying the regedit, I want to try the vpinmame DMD, but I can’t see it ingame, when I try the Test function it works, but not with the table loaded, I tried to change the script to .Hidden = False, but no luck, what I’m missing? Any ideas?  :unsure:

Thalamus 

Sorry @draifet. The reason for not responding is that I have no clue to what your problem might be. It sounds very weird, and is probably something that either only you have noticed or maybe being the only one experiencing. I’m sure that someone will respond IF they see the same. But, this seems to be a special case so I would not hold my breath for a solution.

Aurel 
    Participant

Please some help, as I asked before, every time I reset the table the external DMD (freezy) on this table it changes the size after modifying the regedit, I want to try the vpinmame DMD, but I can’t see it ingame, when I try the Test function it works, but not with the table loaded, I tried to change the script to .Hidden = False, but no luck, what I’m missing? Any ideas? :unsure:

Happened to me also one time. To resolve I just removed completely the config of this rom in regedit and the DMD appears again :)

Hope it helps

Draifet 
    Participant

Thanks @thalamus and  @aurel, if I delete  the  rom from the registry i have the same result, it’s so weird, if I press F1 and change the options there, for example no color, show dmd… when I load again the table all resets to external DMD with color and the wrong size (already cheked the init file but no point cause is the only table doing this).

Edit: I use a default size of 162 pixels height, it reverts to 259, if I change it to 260 or more, it stays that size, but if I change it to >259 always reverts to 259… and only on this table  :wacko:

I downloaded the totan_15c rom and same result, I think is something of the script.

I downloaded JP original TOTAN 1.2 and no problems.

Edit 2: Fixed… for some reason leaving rol=1 on this table affects the size of the external DMD.

Skitso 
    Participant

Yeah, Draifet, I haven’t got a slightest idea what could cause that… :/

Skitso 
    Participant

Sorry for the constant updates, but I have free time now and I’m always finding things to improve so…

Version 1.4:

• Fixed golden symbols to be golden (and not orange, thanks for the tip Manolo)
    • Polish in the left orbs area (kicker, switch, light/shadows)
    • Polish in the Make a Wish hole area and the flasher above  (color corrections, better shadows, better flasher)
    • Play field image polish around the ball lock area(playfield was previously just black there)
    • Redrawn and resized yellow switches around the table to look more like the real thing.
    3 users thanked author for this post.
     Thalamus 

You should definitely not excuse yourself for improving tables my friend. Thanks again !!

Skitso 
    Participant

If anyone has any ideas why the locked balls change how they look (they become oddly bright the second they are locked in place), any tips how to fix it? It’s one of the last things I’d like to the right in this table…

Skyrider 
    Participant

Thanks for your continuing work on this beauty Skitso! :-)

robertms 
    Participant

This mod has matured beautifully, it is really GREAT! Thanks for the constant updates Skitso!

Oldschool4 
    Participant

Just tried it with the lights out,fantastic, luv it,thanks skitso.

teme 
    Participant

The table looks really good. However I have background music volume much lower than sound effects of flippers etc. I tried to adjust volume in the game but it doesn’t help with this. Is there any other  way to adjust volume?

Thalamus 

How did you try to adjust ? Via the rom or not ?

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=44

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account