Taxi (Williams 1988)

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    johnco
    Participant
      @johnco

Upon second look, you are right. Target24 does not register. There are two hit subs for that target. Comment the following line should fix it. Sub Target24_hit: PlaySound SoundFX(“target”,DOFTargets) End Sub

That was it.  YAY!  Carrying passengers now.  Thanks!   :yahoo:

Scritley
      Participant
        @scritley

This is my all time favorite table!  Thanks to all of you for the amazing job you did bringing this to VPX… This just made my whole weekend!  You are all amazing, thank you!

ZakkWyldeSDMF
        Participant
          @zakkwyldesdmf

Downloadad version 1.2 but couldn’t manage it to start. Didn’t find the rom, even though I had the correct one (zipped).

Strangely enough, version 1.0 works – which uses the same rom (doesn’t it?).

millansoft
          Participant
            @millansoft

Hello,

I was going to play with Taxi today and Visual Pinball 10.6, I have the trouble that the backglass (assasin32’s one) appears duplicated, before it didnt happened this, any clues?

screen2screen1

Thanks

emruff
            Participant
              @emruff

Does anyone know how to turn the music back on? The only sound I get are table sounds.

stvpin
              Participant
                @stvpin

What you describe is almost always a ROM problem.  Seek a different ROM

Michael Bacon
                Participant
                  @michaelbacon

Is there a way to decrease the volume of the bell sound?

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

@michaelbacon : I would have to fire up the table to be sure. But, I have a feeling that you are talking about a sample. If that is true. You should open the table manually, file -> open. Then go via the menu to Sound manager. Find the sound and press the position button. From there you can increase any of the samples volume. After doing that, you will have to save and exit the table completely. That is a known bug. If the sample is in the table, like I mention, but, it is still not getting loud enough for you. Then you should download Audacity or some other program that can amplify or normalize the sample with. You will have to export the sound, run it through the program and re-import it back into the table.

uscmarty
                    Participant
                      @uscmarty

Man I can’t seem to get Taxi to work. I’m on Windows 10 Pro and when I launch the game I just get a black screen.

If I exit out I then see a dialog box that says “check the rom path or rom file” I hit OK and the playfield loads but the game doesn’t work. Nudge and Return work and I can hear/see the effects, but no flippers and can’t start a game.

Seems to be an issue with the ROM and VPX? How else can I play this game?

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Turn off exclusive full screen option. Always do that it a table doesn’t work because even error messages isn’t really seen when it is enabled. Might very well be a combination of forced full screen and ddrraw set to 1. Search forums for it.

uscmarty
                        Participant
                          @uscmarty

Good advice, but didn’t quite do the trick. Disabling fullscreen made it easier to see what is happening, but still getting same message.

Trying to disable ddraw but having trouble. I think it might be because I’m on a Mac running this all in Parallels. Trying to find the best way to disable Direct Draw at this point. If you know of a clear way to do this I’m all ears, but I’ll keep searching.

uscmarty
                          Participant
                            @uscmarty

Ugh, no dice. Found the registry folders for the game(s) and ddraw is set to 0. Deleted it and re-opened the table and still no joy :(

could this be a parallels issue?

uscmarty
                            Participant
                              @uscmarty

Sorry about all the posts. I’m new to virtual pinball, but not roms.

Am I right that if I’ve downloaded the .vpx file that that contains the roms, right? I don’t need separate roms to go along with the vpx, do I?

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

You do need to dload roms separately. Keep it zipped and put in rom folder. VPF has the Taxi roms I think.

uscmarty
                                Participant
                                  @uscmarty

Ah that’s it! I have it working. Man I loved this pin!

Thank you so much!

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

Cool! This table is a top ten for me. Added a darker lut and bumped up some playfield inserts up top and it’s one of my nicest looking tables.

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?