Terry you still sim racing?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hlr53
    Participant
      @hlr53

You have/had? that really cool 3 monitor setup. I raced the early Papyrus Nascar years and Grand Prix Legends. Got the itch again (I need another Winter obsession besides pinball – LOL) Nothing fancy – Gamestop had a great deal on a TM TMX Pro Wheel with the T3PA pedals and a year of iRacing for free. I’m using a single 27″ monitor. Paddle shifting. I’m a big GT fan and some open wheel. I may do a 3 monitor cockpit after Christmas or a large panoramic single monitor. Not quite into VR yet. Maybe at some point.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Yah, I still do…but this damn pinball thing has soaked up a lot of my time. :)

I no longer use 3 screens. They were 42 inch TVs so it spanned almost 10 feet! I also used to have three 27 inch monitors before that. That is where my pincab screens came from.

I now use a single screen, but mostly I play in VR for whatever titles I can. I also have 12 transducers (like SSF kind of) on the simpit controlled by Simvibe software. Those 2 combined together are awesome!

If you can get a good resolution 21:9 curved monitor, I would consider that. Pretty much everything well work nicely with that, whereas 3 screens are a pain, and dont work for many titles.

My Logitech G25 wheel died recently, so I temporarily use an older Logitech GT Driving Force for now, until I bother to replace it with a new wheel.

hlr53
        Participant
          @hlr53

Having a blast in iRacing but always 3 – 4 sec slower than the fastest guys. Put a Ricmotech load cell on the brake and it really helps.

Bought 2 Samsung Odyssey+ WMR HMDs for $250 each back on Black Friday and gave one to my son. He loves his. Don’t notice any SDE. I JUST fired mine up this past weekend and on the very first turn out of the pits I got queasy.  Stopped for awhile and then ran 3 laps in 1st going really slow. Straightaways were OK but the turns put butterflies in my stomach. Then ran 3 laps at full speed and quit. Tried it again last night and ran 5 laps at Belle Isle and felt a lot better. Just gotta ease into it over the next few weeks. It is so much easier to see the apexes in VR. Hopefully pick up a few seconds once I get used to it and get more practice in.

Two obsessions now. Pinball & Sim Racing. :yahoo:

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

@hlr53:  Ensure you are hitting 90FPS.  That’s one of the factors for nausea is some people are not running at optimal frame rates.  If you check and you are not, then lower details levels until you do.  You are doing it right though, if it’s just needing to get your “VR Legs” then going at it bit by bit is a good way to get used to it

flpennstater
            Participant
              @flpennstater

I’m using an xbox one with my rig, but just purchased a buttkicker gamer 2 to add some realism.  We’ll see how that goes.

hlr53
              Participant
                @hlr53

@hlr53: Ensure you are hitting 90FPS. That’s one of the factors for nausea is some people are not running at optimal frame rates. If you check and you are not, then lower details levels until you do. You are doing it right though, if it’s just needing to get your “VR Legs” then going at it bit by bit is a good way to get used to it

Yes, I did the read that  :good:   I was testing out on my i7 Alienware laptop with a GTX 1060 so I only got 90 when I was sitting in the pits :-) Running around 60 to 80 on the track.. I’m know that didn’t help. I’m going to be running it off a different PC with a GTX1080 and i7-6700K as soon as I move some PCs around.

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

a 1060 is right on the border as far as acceptable for VR so a good thing to try on that other PC.

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

@hlr53: Ensure you are hitting 90FPS. That’s one of the factors for nausea is some people are not running at optimal frame rates. If you check and you are not, then lower details levels until you do. You are doing it right though, if it’s just needing to get your “VR Legs” then going at it bit by bit is a good way to get used to it

Yes, I did the read that :good: I was testing out on my i7 Alienware laptop with a GTX 1060 so I only got 90 when I was sitting in the pits :-) Running around 60 to 80 on the track.. I’m know that didn’t help. I’m going to be running it off a different PC with a GTX1080 and i7-6700K as soon as I move some PCs around.

Yes…with VR you MUST have 90 fps solid…all the time. If not then it will affect you and you will feel sick or get headaches,etc.

I’m running i5 4670K with a GTX 1080 and I feel that’s barley enough for a RIFT setup.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?