Testing Help – Closing VPX scripted Player instances

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

I’m currently modifying one of RandR’s excellent FP-to-VPX conversions to take better advantage of Radiant Silverball’s post-DMD configuration by making a 16×9 scoreboard screen instead of UltraDMD. Right now, as I test, I really need the scripted PinUpPlayer bits to close down when I exit back to the editor, since the normal behavior is to stay running until VPX itself is closed.

Yes, I have tried the “non-PuP table” method of scripting, but the PuP Pack for the table doesn’t come back up on its own when I do that, and I don’t have the parameter information to restore it in the Table_Init section, so it remains hidden.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

are you using this version of plugin?  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupb2s_patch

also, make sure in your table_exit function there’s a controller.stop in there.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        LynnInDenver
        Participant
          @lynnindenver

Thank you, that broke loose what I needed, everything now quits as it should when I drop into the editor. :good:

It was a tolerable thing to have happen if I was just playing pinball, but implementing and testing PinupPlayer scripting made it annoying.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?