Thalamus updated SSF / Fast Flips Scripts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Genesis38
    Participant
      @genesis38

Hi fellows,

I have attempted to run Thalamus updated Fast Flip, SSF scripts, particularly in the Congo table and get the following script errors. Just wondering what I can do to fix them and get the table working?

Line 72 – Line Undefined – Left Lane Smooth

Line 145 – Line Undefined – vpmInit

Line2197 – Object Required – Controller

I am sure before I get to work, Thalamus will have chimed in and I will be turning the car around to come fix the issue LOL  :yes:

Thanks in advance.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

According to Carny ( and my self ) – if you get error, then you are trying to apply it to the wrong version of the table.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/thalamus-github-vpxtable_scripts-repository/

What I do remember though, is that DjRobX said something about special flipper code in the table. So, I don’t think I ever touched it. Table is, if I remember correctly, made by nFozzy, and who is the guy that did all the flipper magic ? nFozzy. Sure, it was made before he kind of “invented” FF, but, I don’t think I’m the right person for the job if DjRobX is leaving it alone.

Genesis38
        Participant
          @genesis38

Thank you Thalamus ?. That explains why other scripts work fine with other tables. I’ll update the rom and I’m sure it will be fine. As for fast flips, I can do without them, my main interest in your updated Congo script is SSF.  

flstclasic
          Participant
            @flstclasic

Hi all. I’ve been updating tables and I made a mistake by changing  the script to Use Solenoids =2, but I forgot to add the vpmInit Me. The fast flips worked like this, so I tried it on a couple more table without adding vpmInit Me and they also worked. Has something been updated so vpmInit Me is not required to add to the script for fast flips? Trying to save myself some time. Is their any other reason vpmInit Me should be added to scripts that do not have it or is it only used for fast flips? Thanks all!

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Start readling from line 2099 of core.vbs – actually, there was a change going from 10.5 to 10.6 I believe it was. One is recommended to use NoUpperLeftFlipper and/or NoUpperRightFlipper if one is setting useSolenoids > 1 and there are no extra flippers ( more than regular left and right ). It seems that vpminit isn’t required, but, by the comment(s) I would say it seems like it was still kind of beta ?! Fast flips is probably best described as a hack, but, imo, a important one. It surely is something to take a closer look at if the emulation is acting weird in some way.

flstclasic
              Participant
                @flstclasic

Thanks Thalamus. I did not know about this core vbs github. I will read through it. So when someone is making a table, do they use this as a guide or even copy/paste from it? Very interesting. Am I correct that this coding is called C++? I have been thinking about taking a certificate class at the local college for this, so I can understand what is going on better. Maybe even make some tables in the future.

Thanks for all your help everyone, over the last couple years I’ve went from a complete novice at computers to knowing my way around a computer just a little bit. All my learning has come from one place and that is the Visual Pinball community. Thanks again!

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Visual Pinball is written in c++, the core.vbs is located in the scripts folder for you vp install and of course in the source code system over at sourceforge. https://sourceforge.net/p/vpinball/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?