Thank you.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

Reading the post about yet another person selling the work of myself and many other fine authors and feeling bummed again. You’ve seen my rant before, on here, VPU, VPF… it never ends and never will, so maybe I should celebrate us instead.

Remember, any time you see our work for sale – if that kind of thing was the norm then this community wouldn’t exist. The authors here work for the community, and the community is here for the authors. It’s symbiotic and we can’t let that destroy us. When these tables and software are sold, especially outside of the community on sites like eBay, then you remove the community from the equation. There’s no need to login to the forums, communicate with fellow users and authors, no need to support new users, no new users to ask stupid questions, etc. When you remove the community from it, then the authors have nowhere to go. They’ll work for themselves (which, admittedly, we should be doing anyways – we share this not because we _need_ to) – they’re not going to upload work into the void of nothing, there will be nowhere for these thieves to steal from.

Fuck all that though. Let’s celebrate us.

I don’t want to leave anyone out, I’m just going to pick on the people who have helped me or inspired me. I’m not ignoring anyone else or shading anyone by leaving them out, feel free to thank whoever you want down below!

First and foremost I’d like to thank randr – he’s helped me build my cabinet which is still a WIP, he’s provided hardware and he never needed to. I’ve never met the guy but he’s a friend I’ve made because of this hobby. You can’t sell that! He’s also mean, don’t be fooled.

toxie, fuzzel, mukuste, DJRobX, arngrim, CarnyPriest, lucky1, destruk – thank you for your work and development of VPM, VP, b2s, DOF, PIN2DMD and everything else you do – this is all because of you.

I’d like to thank 85vett – I started making tables because of how accessible he was and helpful he was.

icpjuggla helped improve the way I made tables, he was ahead of the game when I was getting started. He helped on my second table and we worked together on many projects over the past few years.

Dark offered to help model the suitcase on 24 when I was starting out, he raised the bar of quality for myself and many other authors! Since my second table, I’m pretty sure every table I’ve made has had at least one primitive on it that he created

Dazz thank you for providing a safe haven from the insanity that was VPF and having sensible rules and acceptance for all of us outcasts…

oooPLAYER1ooo – he’s not participating anymore but when I was building my first couple tables he was a great brain to pick when I had scripting questions

Rascal – the man behind the curtains. This guy can script anything, such a helpful guy.

Rawd and his Triple Strike table, with reflections (and help from Rascal) enlightened me to new ways of table building (before VPX obsoleted the entire process)

gtxjoe – we worked on a few projects, very talented author who contributes so much more than just tables.

Shoopity – His script conversion of AMH and his bug help while I was building that table were VERY appreciated

Zany made a few flippers for me, nuts and bolts primitives, flasher primitives, I’ve used at various times in my builds. Great guy.

unclewilly literally every current VP authors uncle! Thank you for your contributions – we’ve all stolen script from you

JPSalas – I’ve never really talked to him but I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention stealing his scripts as well!

vampirolatino thank you so much for your help! We didn’t always get along but your work was very appreciated and made Kingpin possible!

akiles5000 – Great guy, provided so many resources for VW and JP. I mean – all of the resources.

My fellow authors I’ve worked with or drawn inspiration from javier1515, flupper1, ninuzzu, Dozer, Knorr, cyberpez, mfuegemann, Loaf, sliderpoint, Sindbad, edizzle, GRONI, melon, Nealtron, 32assassin, dboyrecords, luvthatapex, bodydump, loserman76, allknowing2012, hauntfreaks, chinzaman93, starman

I know I’m forgetting a million people – I am not neglecting you, I just have so many people to thank! I think I got my point across. This is all because of each of us, and everyone who contributes not just authors and contributors and everyone I listed, it’s everyone who comments, everyone who asks and answers questions…. you can’t pay for that, you can’t sell us.

THANK YOU!

Punch it!

8 users thanked author for this post.
      ozg
      Participant
        @netweight

I wouldn’t be able to enjoy Metallica (or many other tables) at home if it weren’t for all of you! So, THANK YOU.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Fren?

You ok? Well that makes everything I do worth it!!!!

Thank you and your Welcome!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

Thank you too Fren, for a long time were a relentless force, a whirlwind of table construction.

I like the positive spin, and I think at the end of the day, as you say all of these ‘for sale’ packages are removed from the community and don’t pose us any real threat.  I think it’s just some salt in the wound that we all work passionately for free and then someone else exploits that.  Ultimately community contributors have a choice, they can let this get under their skins and stop doing the good work or they can keep doing it because they know they love it.  I try to imagine someone buying a package of tables, if they genuinely appreciated the quality and fun the tables provide then if they are anything like me they will be an addict and want more as time goes on.  So what would they do from there?  Buy more tables?….sure seems dumb but okay.  It seems to me it’s quite likely that anyone looking to get more tables for what ever reason is eventually going to stumble across some google search results and find the major virtual pinball sites, at which point if I were them I’d be thinking “damn I wasted my money on stuff that’s just available for free”.  It’s like having a car sales man sell you health care in Canada.

3dcreation

TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Great post Fren.

I was thinking the other day about how much work destruk must have done to get these ROMs ready to go. Amazing dedication.

99% of this community is fantastic.

arconovum
              Participant
                @nicholaschristopher
                MemberContributor

I can’t agree more with Fren, celebrate yourselves. If anything, I am a direct by-product of the inspiration you table authors have spread and given to me, I have been around since VP8 , but never got involved, I had all the skills to be involved but never did. Then I came back in the scene and I saw Knorrs’  work first, then Flupper, then 32Assasin, and then the list got longer and longer, and all I could say was: Wow. All those same guys stuck it out through thick and thin.. from the hayday that was 8 to the now X, you guys spent countless hours,days and years making and re-making and sharing and collaborating. You guys/galls should all be very very proud of yourselves.. and as for me I tip my hat to you all, with the greatest respect that I can offer in written.

ozg
                Participant
                  @netweight

More people should read this, so I will bump. (ozg – wipes frens tears, then goes back to playing Metallica Premium Monsters)

rothbauerw
                    @rothbauerw
                    ModeratorContributorMembervip

First and foremost I’d like to thank randr – he’s helped me build my cabinet which is still a WIP, he’s provided hardware and he never needed to. I’ve never met the guy but he’s a friend I’ve made because of this hobby. You can’t sell that! He’s also mean, don’t be fooled.  

Ditto. The guy is completely selfless. Case in point, he just spent the entire day helping me move out of the goodness of his heart.  Thanks randr!

However, if you think he’s mean it’s probably best we not cross paths. The guy is a bear cub next to me! (yes, he should be nicer to his wife in his videos, she’s a total sweetheart too!)

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

Ditto. The guy is completely selfless. Case in point, he just spent the entire day helping me move out of the goodness of his heart. Thanks randr! However, if you think he’s mean it’s probably best we not cross paths. The guy is a bear cub next to me! (yes, he should be nicer to his wife in his videos, she’s a total sweetheart too!)

yep, selfless really is the best word to describe randr… endless giving back, endless kindness, with zero ulterior motive…. just because I believe its just his nature…. maybe i’m just a jaded northeasterner… and fooled by his midwestern charm…. nah he’s just a great guy….   :heart:

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Thanks guys :cry:

when helping Bill move he forgot to mention it was pouring rain all day and 40 degrees! Awful weather even for Minnesota. But was fun and he bought lunch! :)

I saw a nice disclaimer on kodi today! Maybe we can some how add this to vp?(see screenshot)

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                        CarnyPriest
                        Participant
                          @carnypriest

Gone fishin’… for compliments!

senseless
                          Participant
                            @senseless

Great post, just makes me proud being part of this awesome community! Pin-for ever!!

The Loafer
                            Participant
                              @theloafer

Superb post Fren, my sentiments exactly.  Well, maybe not about Randr, that guy can really push my buttons sometimes with his selfless devotion.  Kind of hard to live up to, you know

-=Dozer=-
                              Participant
                                @dozer

I’m a cheap, talentless hack – the rest of the people in that list are pretty good though.

TNT2
                                Participant
                                  @tnt2

That’s not true. Dozer you have created some VP classics. :good:

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Dozer is one in the best! No doubt

for IOS and Android

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

Hey i am not on your List ? :-(
                                      I made some Wheel Images and some directb2s Bytes … ok thats all ;-)
                                      Seriously, big thanks to all the Guys … without you, my Cab is hust a Coffin for my (bad) Cats :yes:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?