The Addams Family (Bally 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    dazzlaa
    Participant
      @dazzlaa

If I set up the table as in Sliderpoint’s suggestion… the table runs 100% perfect, but with no dmd at all.

When you setup like his screenshot, are you sure the virtual dmd is not just behind the playfieled somewhere? You can hit the windows tab to see if it is running in the background

Yes actually… that damn full screen dmd is there… it just doesn’t interfere like before!

So to clarify up to this point, I have the dmd set up as sliderpoint’s attachment, the table runs great. No dmd appears on backglass but the full screen dmd is still there sitting under the playfield.

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

Also in your ini file if not running a pindmd 1,2,3 just the virtual, should those not be set to enabled=false and not true?  @thalamus ??

dazzlaa
        Participant
          @dazzlaa

Ok. Take a backup of your dmddevice.ini – then replace the top part of it with this. Also, inside every ROM you’ve setup – delete the redundant pindmd2 enabled = false See if that helps. I’m a bit unsure about setting stayontop to enable or disable for you. I’ve heard some people having issues when it is set to enable so lets just try with it disabled first.

Sorry, I don’t fully understand what you are asking here.

Sliderpoint
          Participant
            @sliderpoint
            MemberContributor

OK, right click your backglass and grab screenshot of those settings.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Jesperpark
            Participant
              @jesperpark

Your in good hands, I have to get back to work :)

dazzlaa
              Participant
                @dazzlaa

Your in good hands, I have to get back to work :)

Thank you for the help :)

dazzlaa
                Participant
                  @dazzlaa

Here is the backglass settings window

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

OK. I’ve re-edited your whole dmddevice.ini file … so, make a copy of the one you’ve got and use the one attached.

As I said. There is one option that I’m not sure on how is going to affect your installation. Its the

stayontop = false

It might be that you need to change that to true. But, as I said. I’ve seen people having all sorts of troubles with that set to enabled.

You of course need to rename the attached files since I’m not allowed to upload it with the correct file-name.

Attachments:
                    dazzlaa
                    Participant
                      @dazzlaa

OK. I’ve re-edited your whole dmddevice.ini file … so, make a copy of the one you’ve got and use the one attached. As I said. There is one option that I’m not sure on how is going to affect your installation. Its the stayontop = false It might be that you need to change that to true. But, as I said. I’ve seen people having all sorts of troubles with that set to enabled. You of course need to rename the attached files since I’m not allowed to upload it with the correct file-name.

That is really really kind of you…. maaan I hope this works! :)

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

We’ll figure it out … just you wait :)

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

lastly try playing with those two DMD settings on the B2S.  set one to hidden and one to visible.  see which combination works for you.

dazzlaa
                          Participant
                            @dazzlaa

SO the new .ini file results in the same outcome I am afraid :(

I have tried all combinations of the B2S settings window for DMD; if I set the dmd to hidden on the backglass, the dmd still appears, but the animations get the ghosting effect.

Why won’t this dmd go away?, lol  :wacko:

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Ok. Now … edit that file again … change :

[taf_l7] to [xxxtaf_l7]

and

[tafg_lx3] to [xxxtafg_lx3]

Any change ? – and yeah, while your on it … do a reboot of the machine as well. :)

What we are doing is ignoring your custom settings. It will use default which should be fairly correct by now.

dazzlaa
                              Participant
                                @dazzlaa

Oh dear…. I think I found the culprit, and you are gonna think im completely stupid! I am going to post the outcome as I hope it saves someone this week long heartache!

So in Vpinmame settings, under defaults my monitor was set to use monitor#1 full screen.  I changed that to default and combined with that new ini I now have a teeny tiny dmd that I can move around…. things are moving. Now I need to get rid of that!

dazzlaa
                                Participant
                                  @dazzlaa

Yeah… I have no idea why that was only effecting one table but that seems to be it, I put my old ini back in, did a reboot and the rogue dmd is now gone.

Jesus Christ, I have been pulling my hair out all week, put hours and hours and hours into trying to fix it.

Thank you to everyone for trying to help me here, the community has been mega helpful since I started with this hobby, probably the most helpful and friendly bunch I have ever met online.

Thanks again all,

Daz  :rose:   :yahoo:

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

That’s fine … but, I would advice you to have a second look at the changes I made to your config file. You should not need to change that ini file for every table you play. Only when the table is larger or smaller than the normal DMD. Like Baywatch. I used the settings that I found in your config more or less randomly. But, you should definitely turn off the DMD’s you don’t have. I’m sure you’ll figure it out and happy to hear your are on the right track again :)

dazzlaa
                                    Participant
                                      @dazzlaa

Thanks Thalamus, I will re-import the ini for another look.

Kind Regards.

Daz

Joey Beaulieu
                                      Participant
                                        @godisnothere

Error line 94

object doesn’t support this property or method Table1.InclinationFS

Can some one help me please?

The Overlayer Slayer

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Yes. Go here https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts – scroll to the table … regular or gold edition. Press raw button. Delete the whole script from the table and copy and paste the one that is in your browser. Or … just comment out the line that gives you the error.

Blacksad
                                          Participant
                                            @blacksad

I’ve been waiting a long time for this version to finally come out and… it’s really great!

A huge thank you to the whole team for their hard work!

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 237 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?