The Addams Family (Bally 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    Clark Kent
    Participant
      @clarkkent
      MemberContributor

Just wanted to help to get the table better. Of course, I could be wrong…

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Clark you are good at pointing out issues and i thank you for that. good quality control :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Clark Kent
        Participant
          @clarkkent
          MemberContributor

I’ll have to check this rubber thing again. Maybe the hit height 100 was ok but the height of the rubbers with 106 is too high. But this would be a visual thing only. A raised playfield is always a little bit confusing… ;)

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

I think it’s good discussion… thanks guys.  This is how progress is made.

Sliderpoint
            Participant
              @sliderpoint
              MemberContributor

I don’t think the hit height is good at 100.  The PF is raised at 75 and the ball is 50 so 100 puts it dead in the middle, but rubbers should be above the center of the ball.  I think BorgDog measured and came up with a number and I believe that was when the whole hit height thing came about (actually sparked a lot as we were getting different physics behaviors with different object types even though their physic settings were the same). I’ll go measure now and see what I have.

-Mike

Sliderpoint
              Participant
                @sliderpoint
                MemberContributor

OK, I have 5/8inch to the center of the rubbers.  So that is .625 converted to decimals (percentage in this case)

The ball is 1-1/16 (1.0625)inches or 50 VP units.  that makes 1 inch in VP equal to 47.06 units

47.06 * .625 = 29.4125 VP units to the center of the rubber
                (23.53 to the bottom and 35.295 to the top)

I have a 75 unit raised PF so that means the rubber center should actually 29.4125 +75 = be 104.4125.

That takes us back to Borgdogs question back then, which was what does Hit height mean?  Center of Rubber object?

ICPjuggla
                  @icpjuggla
                  MembervipModerator

Another good one sliderpoint your on a roll.. Thank you :-)

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

That takes us back to Borgdogs question back then, which was what does Hit height mean? Center of Rubber object?

If you hold the ball in contact with a rubber on your table, are they meeting at the centerpoints?  or is the center of the rubber slightly higher?

Sliderpoint
                    Participant
                      @sliderpoint
                      MemberContributor

No not at center points. On a real table that would make just about every hit an air ball.

Clark Kent
                      Participant
                        @clarkkent
                        MemberContributor

Yeah, that might be on a real machine. But on VPX, if the rubber is not centered, the ball shows weird behavior (like sticking on the rubbers or weird rebound angles). Have seen that many many times. So for VPX they should be centered as airballs are hard to achieve… ;)

What I noticed on the release table is that the rubbers are not all set the same way. Some are height 100, some 106, some with a different value. When two rubbers are above each other the lower one should have the centered value.

wrd1972
                        Participant
                          @wrd1972
                          MembervipContributor

I have gotten a couple of ball sticks around rubber 10…when the ball drops from the clear ramp and stages for ma “thing flip”.  Its either getting stuck on rubber 10 or the pop-bumper just to the right. If I can, I will get a pic. Also, I believe the L and R sling DOF might be reversed. When the left sling is hit, the right side DOF solenoid is kicking. And vice-versa.

Table is looking great.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

arcadezz
                          Participant
                            @arcadezz

Thanks Sliderpoint for this release! I am a huge fan of Addams….. I find the chair on the original release and this one really hard to land…..on the physmod version it seems alot less finicky. Its been a long time since I played a real Addams but is this accurate, I don’t remember being this hard…..any possibility to be tweaked?

Clark Kent
                            Participant
                              @clarkkent
                              MemberContributor

In the table I uploaded all rubbers are at height 106 (double rubber at 118). No errors with that.

Sliderpoint
                              Participant
                                @sliderpoint
                                MemberContributor

@arcadezz – the table is setup for tournament play… just kidding.  You can try to move wall13 and wall14.  After that is gets a little more complicated as I use a raised playfield, the hole in the playfield would need to be made bigger and the ramps used as scoops as well and some other guidewalls.

@Pinfan45
                                 You don’t need 10.2 to play.  I did adjust the flippers to use some settings that are only in 10.2, but it still works fine without.  Someone else will need to post up their backdrop settings,  but here are some that some else posted a long time ago (I can’t vouch for how they look):

Inclination: 2

Field of View: 30

Layback: 45

XY rotation: 270

X scale: 1.1 (this is the length of the playfield)

Y Scale: 1.4 (width of playfield

X Offset: -40 (up and down position)

Y Offset: 0 (side to side)

Z Offset: 100

-Mike

arcadezz
                                Participant
                                  @arcadezz

Thanks Sliderpoint, I did move the Walls 13/14 and it is better, but still tournament tough…hah! Another thing for me that is not working well is the Thing hitting the swamp shot…..I ran the “Thing Training” a few times and it does not help….misses the shot every time, sometimes very badly…..any ideas?

Sliderpoint
                                  Participant
                                    @sliderpoint
                                    MemberContributor

Keep playing.  Thing flips is controlled by the ROM.  Old VP version of TAF added in guides that made thing hit the shot every single time.  I did not put those in as it is not realistic.   I’ve played a few machines and thing making the shot is pretty low percentage in reality.  Maybe with the physics adjustments that are suggested would make it better (but probably not).  Like I said, I don’t know if the ROM is really “learning” like it is supposed to on the real machine, I wouldn’t know how to verify that.

-Mike

Ben Logan2
                                    Participant
                                      @benlogan2

Just want to say this thread is a good read. Some lively debate, but good intentions from all parties.

I appreciate you devs for working so hard to build tables for our community  and then being willing to do the even harder work of considering and weighing constructive criticism. Not easy at all. You guys are champs.

Ben Logan2
                                      Participant
                                        @benlogan2

Great job on this one, Sliderpoint. I actually really like the high friction settings on this table. The flippers work great, too.

If the GI looks cloudy at the bottom of the table, you can select lights and change transmit to something like .9. I think it cleans things up just a bit. Thanks to HF for that tip.

I do have one issue with this table: Immediately after locking the second ball for multiball, my machine gets major stutter. FPS drops to 13. Once I managed to lock a third ball with this huge amount of stutter. Once multiball started, I was back to VSYNC (60 FPS). I’ve tried a variety of settings with no luck so far. Anyone else having this issue? Suggestion?

Al
                                        Participant
                                          @alandee

Hi Folks, my 2c .. I love this table, and what I find incredible as a dude with no design capability _what so ever_ is that things like rubber bumper height are even something that you need to consider. FFS ! I just blindly download, appreciate what I thought was a big effort to deliver a table that is a lot of fun to play, but don’t even think about bumper rubber height and air balls ! My appreciation and understanding is greatly enriched by discussions like this and I love reading them as much as playing the bloody tables, some of the WIP is the same, you watch the progress, all the input from different people, the hurt feelings, the exhilaration of nailing a model or a ramp or a lighting sequence, all the amazing contributions, and an eventual product that is just freaking awesome. I’m starting to think about how I can contribute more to this excellent community in general, all thanks to the forums I frequent.

Sincerest thankyou’s to anyone who does anything even closely related to anything to do with me being able to enjoy a table ! :good:

Cheers,

al.

Ben Logan2
                                          Participant
                                            @benlogan2

Anyone else getting massive stutter after locking two balls for GREED mutliball?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 237 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?