The Addams Family (Bally 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    robwaade
    Participant
      @robwaade

does anyone know how to fix audio issues on addams family audio choppy doubles sounds music voices thanks for any help

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

have not ever had that doubling of sound issue on williams table. What version of vpinmame are you running? make sure you have newest. maybe delete NVram for the table/rom your using too

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

robwaade
        Participant
          @robwaade

just downloaded new version vp and on beta version it started a while ago i deleted nv ram files and didnt help its the only table ive had this problem

CarnyPriest
          Participant
            @carnypriest

Some users are reporting improvement by changing default sample rate to a smaller value.

Sliderpoint
            Participant
              @sliderpoint
              MemberContributor

OK,  I uploaded another version.   This has a Gold apron and the SCE plate from Stat and the gold ball (thx @STAT ).  (gold ball isn’t default, you’ll need to choose it). This has fixes for the ball stuck in the pops and for the bounce back from the thing ramp.

I adjusted the thing flipper a small amount.  But I was having the same issue on my laptop but only on the Gold table.  I realized that the NVRAM was still from the VP9/pm5 version of the table.  I deleted that and ran with the thing trainer (enable in the script) a few times and thing flips got back on track (well, better anyways. It was actually hitting the ball and hitting a few in the swamp).

For the double audio issue… I’m not sure.  I’ve experienced that in the past on a few tables when I was trying to enable 4x AA and my system just couldn’t hack it. Try with that disabled in video options.

-Mike

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Thank you for the update sliderpoint. Great vp table!

for IOS and Android

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

Hey Mike thanks for looking into all the things I mentioned  with the exception of the metal ramp shot rebounding with a hard shot?  I feel kinda robbed on those lol. :P

3dcreation

robwaade
                  Participant
                    @robwaade

is that in the sound portion in the computer  or something in vp or pinmame sorry if its a stupid question i appreciate all suggestions its only on addams vpx tables for some reason

robwaade
                    Participant
                      @robwaade

i will see if it fixes audio thanks

robwaade
                      Participant
                        @robwaade

tried turning off the 4x didnt change thanks for the suggestion then i tied all 4x options and the same results

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

Hey Mike thanks for looking into all the things I mentioned with the exception of the metal ramp shot rebounding with a hard shot? I feel kinda robbed on those lol. :P

You are still getting those? I put in a new ramp to scoop the ball down and I set up a kicker to rocket the ball up there and it didn’t bounce back after a bunch of tries and speeds. Can you check if there are any Z scale adjustments in that landscape file, that would be a difference as I don’t use that.

Sliderpoint
                          Participant
                            @sliderpoint
                            MemberContributor

tried turning off the 4x didnt change thanks for the suggestion then i tied all 4x options and the same results

Are running desktop or a cab (or at least multi screens with .b2s)?

robwaade
                            Participant
                              @robwaade

cab 2 screen i went to volume area it was set too high i put it on 16 bit 48000hz dvd quality setting seems to be good now incredible table thanks alot

Ark Malmeida
                              Participant
                                @arkmalmeida

First off I wanted to thank you for the updates.  The table looks and plays great!

I’m having a strange issue when running this table in exclusive full-screen mode.  When loading the focus gets returned to the VPX editor and I have to alt-tab to the Visual Pinball X player in order to get the playfield to show up again.

Anyone else having this issue?  I looked around to see if there was anything legacy in the settings that might have been left around from when exclusive fullscreen mode needed some ‘hacks’ to get all the focus right but couldn’t find anything.

Sliderpoint
                                Participant
                                  @sliderpoint
                                  MemberContributor

Try running without the full-screen mode.  Then when the table is running press F6 to bring up the options menu and make sure it is NOT set to “Enabled Menu Next Start”. Then switch back to full screen.   That is my guess.  I don’t use the exclusive full-screen mode so I’m not sure what else to look for.

-Mike

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I don’t run exclusive full screen either but I’m thinking sliderpoint is right try what he said

********************************************************
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

rothbauerw
                                      @rothbauerw
                                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

I played a real TAF recently and saw the ball get stuck next to the bumper above the Thing lane.  When it happened, I said, “Just like the VPX version!”  Just like VPX, a nudge knocked it free.

Also, I played with the Thing flips on version 1.3.  The reason it’s not very consistent is because the ball doesn’t ball straight down to the flipper like the real machine.  It’s not perfect, but I was able to improve accuracy by setting the elasticity of wall18 to 0 and wall24 to .6.  I also reduced the size of the trigger by about a third.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Dark
                                        @dark
                                        vipMemberContributor

Hey Mike thanks for looking into all the things I mentioned with the exception of the metal ramp shot rebounding with a hard shot? I feel kinda robbed on those lol. :P

You are still getting those? I put in a new ramp to scoop the ball down and I set up a kicker to rocket the ball up there and it didn’t bounce back after a bunch of tries and speeds. Can you check if there are any Z scale adjustments in that landscape file, that would be a difference as I don’t use that.

I haven’t actually had much time to play lately so I only asked to confirm that you did indeed look into it since it was excluded from your reply.  Thanks Mike.

3dcreation

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

i will see if it fixes audio thanks

Some people were reporting a resurgence of the double sound issue with the 2.8 official VPM.  Toxie did a 2.8b with fixes, I think… check the official VPM alpha/beta thread at VPF.

Ark Malmeida
                                          Participant
                                            @arkmalmeida

Try running without the full-screen mode. Then when the table is running press F6 to bring up the options menu and make sure it is NOT set to “Enabled Menu Next Start”. Then switch back to full screen. That is my guess. I don’t use the exclusive full-screen mode so I’m not sure what else to look for. -Mike

That wasn’t it unfortunately.  Really not a big deal as I have a keyboard handy to alt-tab to the visual pinball player, just odd since it’s not happening on any other table.

Very small price to pay to get to play such a great recreation!

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 237 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?