The Addams Family (Bally 1992) V2 – G5K, Sliderpoint, 3rdAxis

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    Manples
    Participant
      @manples

Here are some inputs about the way 2.1 crashes on my cab.

• AMD FX8350 – 8Go – GTX1080 – Win10x64 – PF: 40″ 4k@3840×2160 – BG: 27″ 1080p – Pin2DMD
      • VPX 10.6 rev 3653 in TrueFullscreen (see config pic attach)
      • SAMBuild_r4709
      • For my Pin2DMD I’m using an older dmddevice.dll (march 2018) as it’s the only one I got to successfully work with PBX, altcolors, Wemos Ledmatrix etc.  It’s actually in my Visual Pinball folder and VPinMAME/Pin2DMD. Can’t remember if it’s Lucky1’s or Freezy’s.
      • I use TAFI7 with altcolor and altsound (altsound mode 1)

v2.0 launches from both VPX and PBX and plays (F11–> 60fps)

v2.1 gives me a black screen. When I hit Escape I get a window with “unknown error”. I click OK 3 times and then I get the message “Fatal Error: shader compilation failed! Unknown (0xffffffff: n/a) at c:\projects\vp10\renderdevice.cpp:802“. Click on OK and VPX stops completely.

What I can already tell is that I don’t have such a c:\projects folder. Not sure if it’s part of VPX mechanism or a lead for you guys to troubleshoot ;-)

(my dmddevice.dll: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AROG-lO6YPl6jffm8W2_DVuNJbqnZSHH)

Bob Albright
      Participant
        @bobalbright

Hey–I’m finally a member of the family! Tough table, but fun. I seem to be getting the same error as Manples—but only occasionally–the one about renderdevice.cpp—exit, relaunch, and it loads

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Ebster
        Participant
          @ebster

As i had no GPU / Memory Issues on v.2.0 in the first place and liked the Look of the uncompressed Textures better, also the non double overlayed Bumpers were great for me – is there a chance for a 2.1a Version with the best of both worlds?

Just want to ask kindly, because otherwise i am sure to mess up my nice TAF changing it myself ;-)

Anyways, thanks a million for this brilliant experience!!!

Shadow
          Participant
            @shadowshd

Wow what a nice masterpiece guys, thanks  :good:

@Manples
            register this B2S Server version :

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-addams-family-bally-1992-v2-g5k-sliderpoint-3rdaxis/page/10/#post-116954

It fixed the same “unknown error” issue I had ;)

Manples
            Participant
              @manples

@manples register this B2S Server version :
              https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-addams-family-bally-1992-v2-g5k-sliderpoint-3rdaxis/page/10/#post-116954
              It fixed the same “unknown error” issue I had ;)

That did the trick, thanks/merci @Shadow :-) now 2.1 launches and plays great from VPX and PBX.

Shadow
              Participant
                @shadowshd

I think I spoke too fast : table launched perfectly at the first time after registering DJRobX’s B2S Server, but now and then I get that Unknown error back :(

Edit : if I set UseVPMModSol = 0 instead of UseVPMModSol = 1 in the script the table launches without any errors, but I guess that’s not the way the table is designed :)

vogliadicane
                Participant
                  @vogliadicane

Try this Back glass Server Up-Date

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-addams-family-bally-1992-v2-g5k-sliderpoint-3rdaxis/page/10/#post-116798

@outhere
                  so just to be sure, you mean the one that DJRobX posted in that thread, right? I’m asking, because later you mentioned the one with the “aspect ratio stuff”… or are both the same? Lost track in all those thread branches – :whistle:

KiwiBri
                  Participant
                    @kiwibri

I love it. Is it possible to add ball rolling sounds?

Do we really need ball rolling sounds?  I’ve only noticed that in the older games where theres no music or other sound effects going on.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

I just want to clarify. If anyone think I’m pointing at the table being faulted or needing too much resources, then I’m sorry. I was playing it perfectly on release day with no problems. No crashes on loading or anything. Where the problem lies is to me unknown at this point. All I wanted to say is that I’m seeing very random crashes. My thoughts go more in the direction that yes this table does require more than most other tables and that is why we trigger a VP bug more often than we do with less resource intensive tables.

ashleyb
                      Participant
                        @ashleyb

with 10.6 beta no stuck in swamps but one ball in multiball

I have this same problem with multiball, but only when I load the table with pinballx.  If I run it directly from VPX it plays fine.  Maybe you can test?

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

Try this Back glass Server Up-Date

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-addams-family-bally-1992-v2-g5k-sliderpoint-3rdaxis/page/10/#post-116798

@outhere
                          so just to be sure, you mean the one that DJRobX posted in that thread, right? I’m asking, because later you mentioned the one with the “aspect ratio stuff”… or are both the same? Lost track in all those thread branches – :whistle:

——————–both the same? —> Yes  ——————————-

RustyCardores
                            @rustycardores
                            MemberModerator

I love it. Is it possible to add ball rolling sounds?

It already has ball rolling sounds. Perhaps the volume needs to be adjusted for your cab.

On line 1767 of the script look for /2000    Reducing this number will increase ball volume. Try /200 to begin with and you should hear it quite well.  Increase the number until you find your preferred volume.

Brett
                            Participant
                              @classicgames

I really want to play this table, but I keep getting an error that the ROM is not found.  The table loads, but not the ROM.  I updated to 10.6 Beta, deleted CFG  files, deleted nvram, redownloaded a fresh ROM, and deleted registries for the ROM.  I don’t know what else to do? I also tried Batman and POTC and I am getting a Rom Error on those tables now as well.  Could it be the 10.6 Beta?  All the tables were working before I updated.  On a side note my mouse cursor has now disappeared while playing a table.  Thanks for the help in advance

outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator
                                bord
                                  @bord
                                  MembervipContributorModerator

[edit] nvm, just listen to @outhere

g5k
                                  Participant
                                    @g5k

I will compile a v2.1 with the uncompressed textures (will be sometime in next day)

11 users thanked author for this post.
                                    redrooster
                                    Participant
                                      @redrooster

Coming in way late to say amazing job because it looks incredible!

I’ve played several real machines, sometimes the right flipper can make it up that Bear Kick ramp, and sometimes it can’t.  So far it’s a can’t every time for me on this, but maybe I need more playtime, as I’ve played maybe only 5 games or so.

POV included on version 2 is also much preferred, well done on that as well.

Mark70
                                      Participant
                                        @mark70

I’ve played several real machines, sometimes the right flipper can make it up that Bear Kick ramp, and sometimes it can’t. So far it’s a can’t every time for me on this, but maybe I need more playtime, as I’ve played maybe only 5 games or so.

Hi, it is possible with the right momentum. :)
                                        In my opinion this is very well balanced, it feels pretty real.

Seraph
                                        Participant
                                          @seraph

Hey all,

Wanted to share my experiences – in case it helps others

V2.0 would not load under any circumstance unless I lowered the VP texture limit to 3072 or lower

Release of 2.1 worked straight away

Updated Nvidia driver to the most current – 5/03/2019 (419.35 – I think)

V2.0 loaded and played first go.  V2.1 (with all images from 2.0) works fine too

Brilliant table, thanks to all !

rothbauerw
                                            @rothbauerw
                                            ModeratorContributorMembervip

I’ve played several real machines, sometimes the right flipper can make it up that Bear Kick ramp, and sometimes it can’t. So far it’s a can’t every time for me on this, but maybe I need more playtime, as I’ve played maybe only 5 games or so.

I’ve been able to hit the ramp regularly from the right flipper even from a cradle. However, if you’d like it to be easier, adjust the EOS torque to something like 0.75.  This will probably affect your ability to do some flipper tricks, maybe?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 528 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?