The Addams Family (Bally 1992) V2 – G5K, Sliderpoint, 3rdAxis

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    htamas
    Participant
      @htamas

Sorry if this was already discussed, but is there a solution to getting “Line 1: Object not a collection” script error upon starting a game? All versions (compressed, uncompressed, 2.0 or 2.1) do the same on my rig.

Table looks awesome in attract mode btw  :yes: – wish I could play it

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

@htamas : are you running the required 10.6beta ?

g5k
        Participant
          @g5k

This has been a long time evolving table from sliderpoint, the contributions from 3rdaxis really make it shine, all the pre-rendered stuff just adds a new level of realism not previously seen on this table. I know 3rdaxis would have put a lot of work in to convert his 3D elements into VP all nicely texture baked so a special thanks to him for that.

Great job all round, thanks.

@Dark
          forgetting one of the three chief, I had a fair bit to do with it too. To correct you Axs didn’t work on any of the textures that was all my work. Axs provided original models, I organised the mods models. We used Sliderpoints wip for the build that we then all worked on. Axs created the animations and is now working on the vr. Sounds a bit narky on my part but after 8 months work on it I guess it’s nice to be acknowledged.

6 users thanked author for this post.
          Jon Osborne
          Participant
            @jonosborne

This team as a whole has done an absolutely fantastic job on this release. G5K, 3rd Axis, Sliderpoint and the rest of those who helped with all the smaller elements, thank you all! You are pioneers in the forward movement of virtual pinball and we can’t thank you enough!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
            g5k
            Dark
              @dark
              vipMemberContributor

This has been a long time evolving table from sliderpoint, the contributions from 3rdaxis really make it shine, all the pre-rendered stuff just adds a new level of realism not previously seen on this table. I know 3rdaxis would have put a lot of work in to convert his 3D elements into VP all nicely texture baked so a special thanks to him for that.

@dark forgetting one of the three chief, I had a fair bit to do with it too. To correct you Axs didn’t work on any of the textures that was all my work. Axs provided original models, I organised the mods models. We used Sliderpoints wip for the build that we then all worked on. Axs created the animations and is now working on the vr. Sounds a bit narky on my part but after 8 months work on it I guess it’s nice to be acknowledged.

Sorry I don’t know you and I didn’t read the credits I guess.

3dcreation

htamas
              Participant
                @htamas

Yes, I do.

This problem also happens on some other tables, one example is the new Firepower, but there is at least one more. Other tables are running fine though, and I just started to get this error with a few tables. Could be something VB-related, not sure…

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

Yes, I do.

This problem also happens on some other tables, one example is the new Firepower, but there is at least one more. Hundreds of other tables are running fine though, and I just started to get this error with a few tables. Could be something VB-related, not sure…

Scripts updated and only 1 copy of them only in the scripts folder?

rothbauerw
                    @rothbauerw
                    ModeratorContributorMembervip

@dark forgetting one of the three chief, I had a fair bit to do with it too. To correct you Axs didn’t work on any of the textures that was all my work. Axs provided original models, I organised the mods models. We used Sliderpoints wip for the build that we then all worked on. Axs created the animations and is now working on the vr. Sounds a bit narky on my part but after 8 months work on it I guess it’s nice to be acknowledged.

Your work is much appreciated!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

g5k
                    The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

As they say, an honest mistake.  Dark is a fantastic contributor, no ill intention here.

I hope all of you who worked on this table can see from the 15 pages of text contained in this release thread in just one week just how in awe we are of your efforts here.  this is a MILESTONE release in VPX history, well deserving of the admiration and appreciation its, and you contributors, are receiving.

Frankly I don’t know what else you guys plan on tackling in the future but you’ve set quite the bar for yourselves and for all!

g5k
                      htamas
                      Participant
                        @htamas

Yes, I do.

This problem also happens on some other tables, one example is the new Firepower, but there is at least one more. Hundreds of other tables are running fine though, and I just started to get this error with a few tables. Could be something VB-related, not sure…

Scripts updated and only 1 copy of them only in the scripts folder?

Thanks for the idea… as it turns out, the problem was indeed caused by the scripts somehow. I extracted the most recent scripts into the script folder, but it still didn’t work. Then I decided to completely delete and recreate the script folder and again extracted the scripts into it, then the problematic tables started working.

Bigmike20vt
                        Participant
                          @bigmike20vt

I did get a stuck ball on multiball. Came from swamp and put balls 2 into electric chair one after another. One came out, the other did not. Ball search could not release. Nudged until tilt with no luck shaking it out. Can barely see the ball in the pic.

You can unlock the ‘chairkicker’ and move it further down the table a bit to give more room for the extra balls in there. Should help, however you may have to adjust the power of the kicker in the script if it causes strange kickout behavior on normal single ball kick out.

-Mike

Hi @sliderpoint

Thanks for this. Is this likely to be added to a patch at any point or will it remain a DIY fix? I ask, not because I am lazy (honest ;) ) but I would like to use this table in a friendly competition with friends and would make sense if we all had exactly the same settings.  chances are if i start messing around i am likley to do more harm than good!.

thanks again.

Mike

Nate
                          Participant
                            @nkachelmeyer

For anyone having PBX issues or focus issues in the front end there has been an update.

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/22086-news-pinballx-330/

On the changelog: The frontend now supports full screen exclusive display mode again.

I was only having issues with this table and focus in full screen mode, but good to go now. Just wanted to pass the info along in case it helps others with their front end issues running this table.

3 screen mini-cab 23", 19", 10" - Win10(64bit) i7 2600 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 1060 6GB
                            force exclusive fullscreen mode in 1080p

xphilou29
                            Participant
                              @xphilou29

absolutely amazing work! many many thanks, the best table with attack from mars and T2!!!! incredible stuff :good:

Javier
                              Participant
                                @javier1515

The left mini flipper does not trigger automatically when the Lite Thing Flip is activated, in this version it has to be that way?

Excelent work guys!!

"Learning without thought is vain, thought without learning is dangerous." (Confucius)

"Aprender sin pensar es inútil, pensar sin aprender es peligroso". (Confucio)

Please, if you can help me with a small contribution to update my work team and continue to make more tables I will be eternally grateful.

https://paypal.me/javier1515?locale.x=es_XC

g5k
                                Participant
                                  @g5k

What do we think of this? David Gillmore and his company Retro Play sell all of our community work. It came to my attention when he was using the work in progress renders to promote his business several months ago before release. He has been removed from the two main facebook groups. It is this sort of activity that will risk the future of this community. Might be the last project I share publicly and we can thank David for that.

@sliderpoint
                                  @3rdaxis

https://www.facebook.com/retroplayOZ/

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/163516664126

davidgillmore_retroplay

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

I don’t see how it is possible to get rid of this. Look at “Victor”, a Spanish guy that has been kicked of the forums several times.
                                    https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=41913&p=425102
                                    Then you have the Chinese.

g5k
                                    Participant
                                      @g5k

@thalamus let’s start by having his account from here removed.

david@retro-play.com.au

3rdaxis
                                      Participant
                                        @3rdaxis
                                        MemberContributor

Jesus Christ are you fucking kidding me?

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Fact of life. Scumbags exists :-(

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Yeah it’s crazy but all the commercial sellers seem to think the same. This has been happening forever and will always happen sadly. Look at the mame cabs people sell!! Crazy people are assholes

********************************************************
                                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 528 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?