The Addams Family (Bally 1992) V2 – G5K, Sliderpoint, 3rdAxis

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

Yeah, I’ve slid way over into “I’d rather do the whole fool cabinet myself from scratch”, rather than even attempt to buy a cabinet kit from any outfit, because too many of them are skirting the legal lines in terms of selling the stuff they’re not actually supposed to. I mean, I understand it, they can make way more money by selling more units that are ready to go “out of the box” versus selling a machine with literally no games in it, but it’s still not legal (both licensing VPX and licensing the games), and it’s only a matter of time before pressure gets mounted to get them off the convention circuit and off auction sites.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

While it’s impossible to stop these people completely all we can do is call them out when we see it.
        Agreed building your own cab is the best but a lot of people can’t even change their own light bulbs! So cab builders are needed for people. Including communities work is just wrong!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Sliderpoint
        Participant
          @sliderpoint
          MemberContributor

He ain’t the first and he won’t be the last.  This pops up all the time.   I wouldn’t let it discourage you too much @g5k . Although I can understand you are in a different boat than me, the amazing skills you bring to the hobby are the same ones that you make a living with.  Mine probably not so much, so it’s easier for me to brush off.

Report him on Ebay for selling content illegally and they will block him there too, just like those in the past.

-Mike

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

If that’s a facebook group, he can be reported for intellectual property violation (the little dots at the top of his facebook page leads to “Give feedback or report this page”).

As well,  I welcome everyone here to post on his TAF “Now available on all our 4k Models” post that you are against his including tables with his builds.

Cho: As others have said, there will always be a select few who think themselves above rules, common sense and common dignity.   It’s unfortunate but inevitable.  I hope you don’t let this very minor minority ruin it for you but I totally get why you would be upset.  Let’s hope if enough people complain, facebook does something about this group.

Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

I know i said this before, but we are existing in a greyzone and guys like him are not helping the comunity! So i think guys like him should be forced to eat their own testicles!

Shannon
              Participant
                @shannon1

I totally understand why you are upset, but please don’t let one guy ruin it for you. Your work here is greatly appreciated by the community as a whole and keeps our hobby moving forward. The administrators do a great job of removing these parasites when everybody points them out.

Loganchihuahua
                Participant
                  @chihua07

I wanted to let you guys know how much your work is appreciated. I have had a permanent grin on my face playing Taf since its release. It is simply a beautiful release.  Please don’t let this jerk ruin that for you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You make a difference by bringing joy through your art and skill.

And for those out there that are new to vpin that don’t want or know how to build your own cab and are looking for solution go to a vendor that plays by the rules.  Virtuapin.net  comes to mind. They support the community.   The community will be more than happy to assist you with learning how to download on your own and configure on your own. Its a much more rewarding experience anyway.  You learn about the players involved and all about the software and how it works. Hell maybe one day you will be able to contribute. If you are adventurous, build your own cab from scratch. You will feel such a sense of accomplishment.  Don’t support these aholes who sell cabs with the software already loaded. They are profiting on someone else’s work in order to sell their cabs.  Don’t support them!!  Go to honest vendors.

Anyway, thank you. Don’t let one apple sour the bunch.  The guy is a prick.  Keep shining!! Would hate not to see future tables as a result of this guy……

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  g5k
                  3rdaxis
                  Participant
                    @3rdaxis
                    MemberContributor

Just the arrogance of this guy. Saying you need to upgrade to 4K in order to play the table. I swear If I lived in Australia I’d be paying this tapeworm a visit. But don’t worry guy’s, I’m not going to let some parasite discourage me from making tables. They might be saved protected now though…

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Just the arrogance of this beady eyed douchebag. Saying you need to upgrade to 4K in order to play the table. I swear If I lived in Australia I’d be paying this needle dick a visit. But don’t worry guy’s, I’m not going to let some parasite discourage me from making tables. They might be saved protected now though…

LMAO

@3rdaxis
                      is ok in my book! perfect response to this problem! :good:

for IOS and Android

phlove
                      Participant
                        @phlove

hi

love this table but the shaker ist way to long. So i tried to change the dof config but it didnt work out.

I want that the “power” and the “seance” just shake for a couple seconds and not the whole time till the mode end.

Can someone help ?

3rdaxis
                        Participant
                          @3rdaxis
                          MemberContributor

He pulled it down.

Draifet
                          Participant
                            @draifet

I was about to tell that I can’t found the facebook post, probably u already expressed him your “gratitude”. :good:

Redbeard30
                            Participant
                              @redbeard30

I reported retroplayOZ to facebook for IP and copyright infringment. BS this scum bag sells all these cabs with the ROMS also making money of the hard work of the VP creators. On another note, freaking awesom Addams Family table! Love it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              g5k
                              The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

I reported him earlier today too but we’ll need to be vigilant in case he posts about other additions

if you are reading this David Gilmour, sell your cabs.  Hey maybe they are the best.  But direct your users to visit these sites, teach them how to update their cabs and contribute to the community and we are all good.  We’re not asking much, just don’t include tables and Roms with your cabinets

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

Case in point: these posts are still available on his site so taking down this one post isn’t enough

3DADBCD1-48B3-42B0-A85F-FBA98BA5B1E7

g5k
                                  Participant
                                    @g5k

Thanks for the whirlwind of support guys, I posted before clocking off for the night. At the very least anyone doing some google due diligence on David Gillmore and http://retro-play.com.au and https://www.dave-techguy.com will get to read some of this and his shady business ethics. I had been working toward an idea for tying a download to a machine ID to help prevent this sort of activity of writing out image files to bulk builds but now the save as protected is no longer a part of the VPX export options makes it a bit difficult.

3rdaxis
                                    Participant
                                      @3rdaxis
                                      MemberContributor

Thanks for the whirlwind of support guys, I posted before clocking off for the night. At the very least anyone doing some google due diligence on David Gillmore and http://retro-play.com.au and https://www.dave-techguy.com will get to read some of this and his shady business ethics. I had been working toward an idea for tying a download to a machine ID to help prevent this sort of activity of writing out image files to bulk builds but now the save as protected is no longer a part of the VPX export options makes it a bit difficult.

I’ll have to look into this too. Pain in the ass.

3rdaxis
                                      Participant
                                        @3rdaxis
                                        MemberContributor

Case in point: these posts are still available on his site so taking down this one post isn’t enough

3DADBCD1-48B3-42B0-A85F-FBA98BA5B1E7

Can you send me a link to that page.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

@theloafer put link here so we can all tell him our thoughts

********************************************************
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

I will I found three posts in his Facebook page while wife is driving that states tables are installed.  Unfortunately I can’t post right away as it’s not really doable on phone but once back home in about one hour, I’ll post them here.

His older posts seemed to point people to the forums such as this one.  I guess he got greedy , too bad

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 528 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?