Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 445 total)
  • Author
    Noliv
    Participant

This table is beautifull ! ! !

Does someone find the way to repair the Multiball problem ?

Sorry for my English…

bord
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

This table is beautifull ! ! !

Does someone find the way to repair the Multiball problem ?

Sorry for my English…

No problem here.

Kach069
    Participant

nothing wrong with multi ball friend.  check what version vpx or ROM you have first.  The discussion probably covers it.

Mongi
    Participant

My game is working great thanks so much for all of our time you guys put into the stuff. :yahoo:

mccorkled
    Participant

Thanks outhere. The uncompressed one was throwing the error. The other one is fine.

knightrider
    Participant

My flippers have too much bass just for this table. I think maybe there is a bass setting in the script. I’m not sure what those numbers are…maybe since i don’t have ssf my cabinet doesn’t sound so great the way it is coded?

I used the commented out the r and r code too and it didn’t change from what i remember.

PlaySound SoundFX(“RightFlipperUp”,DOFFlippers), 0, .4, 0.05, 0.05, 0, 0, 1, AudioFade(Thing3)
    if ExtraSSFThunk then PlaySound SoundFX(“fx_thunk”,DOFFlippers), 0, 1, 0.05, 0.05, 0, 0, 1, AudioFade(Thing3)

randr
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I have not noticed this but maybe replace the flipper sounds with ones from a table you like

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

knightrider
    Participant

there’s a line “jon osborne extra ssf solenoid thunk  = 1”. i changed it to 0 but then the sound was too weak…so i’ll leave it alone.

knightrider
    Participant

I replaced the fx_ thwump.wav file with a different flipper sound and all is good now.

dexje
    Participant

just fyi:

in the current versions of vp 10.6 this table has a lighting problem:

tafnachupdateto3746vs3592

to temp fix it change the lighting option of the playfield mesh on layer 8 to 0.

atm i dont know if this has any side effects :scratch:

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by dexje.
    -RpT
    Participant

@dexje – good spot and thanks for the workaround (assuming this affects my copy also which i will be able to check next week). I think the darker image looks better. As confirmed by Rob on FB, more than just this table affected and it’s a consequence of developing using a beta version of VPX… hoping it can be fixed retroactively for a non-beta release in the future.

rothbauerw
    ModeratorContributorMembervip

I can confirm the issue on this table and the fix. What other tables are folks seeing this on? Should only affect tables with primitive playfields. I checked most of the ones I know of but haven’t found any others with this issue.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

DJRobX
    MemberModerator

hoping it can be fixed retroactively for a non-beta release in the future.

I suspect the older VPX’s had buggy behavior.  If disable lighting is set to 1 then the playfield *should* be brighter.   I’m guessing the older VPX’s were ignoring this setting, if so that’s hard to make backwards compatible.   It’s one of the risks we accept when releasing a table that requires a beta VPX.

As rothbauerw notes there really shouldn’t be a lot of affected tables as primitive PFs are a relatively new feature.    I have seen it in more than just this one though, but I don’t offhand remember what the others were.

bord
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Rob is right. This is definitely a feature, not a problem but there are a few tables that will need this kind of adjustment since older betas ignored the setting.

rothbauerw

A quick review of my library, here are the tables I’ve found that need adjustment:

Air Aces
    Deadly Weapon – has disable lighting of 0.6, not sure if it’s intentional, I think it looks better set to ‘0’
    Cross Town – set to approx 0.1 (maybe intentional?)
    OXO
    Spanish Eyes

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bord
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

@rothbauerw, so what you’re saying is this is 75% my problem. :negative:

rothbauerw

@bord, I dunno, are you responsible for those settings on Scottacus’ tables?  Given the number of tables you’ve added playfield meshes too, I thought you were doing pretty good.  In fact, it’s a feature on Time Warp.  The playfield doesn’t look right without it.

bord
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Yup. All my doing.

Boomerang might be another one. I don’t remember.

rothbauerw

Boomerang looks good.

dramaone
    Participant

to temp fix it change the lighting option of the playfield mesh on layer 8 to 0.

atm i dont know if this has any side effects

thanks, I have never really ventured into layers, can you explain to a noob how to do this in steps please

would be very greatful

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by dramaone.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 445 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account