The Addams Family (Bally 1992) V2 – G5K, Sliderpoint, 3rdAxis

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    Roosta
    Participant
      @roosta

Enjoying this amazing recreation like a little kid, but I seem to have a problem with my configuration. Flippers go dead for a second when the kicker in the swamp activates and also when the bookcase rotates. Running 10.6.0 final version of VP.

GuruChoc
      Participant
        @guruchoc

There are still places in the play field to get the ball lost, I just lost one behind the chair scoop and between the pop bumper, just got sucked down in front of my eyes.

Thing flips in 2.1 is terrible, either spot on or wide of the mark, 2.0 is much more consistent. I think it has something to do with the feed from the plastic ramp to the flipper, 2.0 is consistent has hell, 2.1 is hit and miss. During Mamoshka thing flips seems to perform perfectly 50% of the time, not sure if that will help with debugging or not.

G

sheltemke
        Participant
          @sheltemke

There are still places in the play field to get the ball lost, I just lost one behind the chair scoop and between the pop bumper, just got sucked down in front of my eyes.

Thing flips in 2.1 is terrible, either spot on or wide of the mark, 2.0 is much more consistent. I think it has something to do with the feed from the plastic ramp to the flipper, 2.0 is consistent has hell, 2.1 is hit and miss. During Mamoshka thing flips seems to perform perfectly 50% of the time, not sure if that will help with debugging or not.

G

This won’t make you happy but i NEVER let thing flips. I flip he don’t.

About stucks / lost balls it never happened for me before.

TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

Good show old man!

E36M3ZF
            Participant
              @e36m3zf

How can this table work in exclusive fullscreen mode? It works in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10!

If i don’t use exclusive fullscreen i’m getting all kinds of stutters and frame pacing issues. As a result, the ball doesn’t move smoothly even if i have a very high framerate. So it’s important to be enabled.

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

This table works fine in exclusive fullscreen on windows 10.  Just because you are having a problem doesn’t mean everyone is.  It would be more helpful if you can elaborate on why you think it doesn’t work in exclusive fullscreen.  IE: are you getting an error message?

E36M3ZF
                Participant
                  @e36m3zf

This table works fine in exclusive fullscreen on windows 10. Just because you are having a problem doesn’t mean everyone is. It would be more helpful if you can elaborate on why you think it doesn’t work in exclusive fullscreen. IE: are you getting an error message?

I posted on my behalf. I don’t know if it works for others.

Anyway, when i use exclusive fullscreen im getting this message:

Machine “TAF_L7” (Addams Family, the (L5 Prototype L-7)) terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file

I do have the rom and it works fine if i disable exclusive fullscreen. I searched around and i think this has something to do with directdraw but i don’t know what to do next.

outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

If you are using Force exclusive fullscreen then Try turning off ddraw in the registry under the rom name
                    Use this little Tool To turn ddraw off for each game Plus default—>  http://tinypin.nl/VPtools/
                    Or if you are familiar with the registry then you can go straight there
                    In the registry turn ddraw off for each game plus default
                    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    E36M3ZF
                    Participant
                      @e36m3zf

If you are using Force exclusive fullscreen then Try turning off ddraw in the registry under the rom name

Use this little Tool To turn ddraw off for each game Plus default—> http://tinypin.nl/VPtools/

Or if you are familiar with the registry then you can go straight there

In the registry turn ddraw off for each game plus default

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame

Thanks, this works.

Though there is no DDRAW in the default category so i have to do this on every table separately.

outhere
                        @outhere
                        MemberContributorvipModerator

Thanks, this works.

Though there is no DDRAW in the default category so i have to do this on every table separately.
                        Whatever games give you the trouble

Eispic
                        Participant
                          @eispic

do other people have any problems with playing the table and the new VPX 10.7 ?

Haben vielleicht noch andere leute kleine Probleme mit dem spielen des Tisches mit der neuen VPX 10.7 ?

PixelJunkie
                          Participant
                            @pixeljunkie

Total noob at Virtual Pinball and I assume I am overlooking something simple here, but I can’t get TAF to play anything other than mechanical sounds (flippers, coin, etc.)  Music and voice for this table do not come through, but they work just fine for other tables.

I’ve tried deleting the NVRAM, the cfg file, verified I have the correct ROM, checked the volume of the table using End, 8,9 keys, etc. but haven’t figured it out.  I’m sure I’m missing something easy.

I’m playing directly through VPX.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

@pixeljunkie : You are on the right track. You need to adjust the rom’s volume. Been a while since I did this myself. Maybe the old way of using the ~ still works ? https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=25157&p=234266 – you’ve checked the other guides ? https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&cat=9

mdienstl
                              Participant
                                @mdienstl

Hi,

which version needs more machine power – the normal one or the uncompressed one?

Martin

PixelJunkie
                                Participant
                                  @pixeljunkie

I tried the suggestions in the guides to adjust the volume, but it did not make a difference.  After I originally posted an update, I narrowed it down to running 7.1 sound, as I have exciters installed for SSF.  I tried changing the audio to simple 2.0 Stereo as well in VPX, and changed my sound card to Stereo.  Now I am getting everything (including the missing voice / music ) out of the stereo speakers in my back box, and nothing out of the exciters.

Am I correct that it should work with 7.1 sound?  Previously I was getting SSF out of the 4 exciters in 7.1, but wasn’t getting music / voices out of the stereo speakers in the backbox.

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Yes. it works great for 7.1 – you are running Win10 I guess ? Had a look at the wiki ? https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/win10-and-lost-music-rom-sounds/

PixelJunkie
                                    Participant
                                      @pixeljunkie

Finally figured it out.  I had tried everything listed in the Wiki, installed Equalizer APO, copied the center channel to L/R, etc.  In a fit of desperation, I went into Device Manager in Win 10, and disabled every other audio output device that was not my Realtek Speakers / Headphones device.  I had 3 other devices listed, which included an HDMI out from my GPU, the optical (digital) port on my Realtek chipset on the MB, and I forget the third one, but I think it was another HDMI source.  Then I started up VPX and loaded the table.  Full table sounds, voices, and music!

My motherboard must have been pumping out the L/R channels over one of the digital sources, even though it wasn’t the default, and sending out the table sounds out to the surround speakers (exciters).

Thanks for the help!

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Yes. It is smart to disable any audio source you don’t use.

Matrix50
                                        Participant
                                          @matrix50

Did u fix the issue because i have the same problem.

PixelJunkie
                                          Participant
                                            @pixeljunkie

I did fix this.  In my case, I was dealing with a new build, and my audio was being directed to another audio source in the background.  Even selecting the correct device in VPX didn’t fix it for me.  Ultimately, I had to go into device manager and under my list of audio sources, disable the HDMI ports appearing there (under audio, not the video signals), and the digital out from my MB sound card.  I wasn’t using these, though my LCD DMD and backglass monitors are plugged into the GPU, but are only used for video.  That left me with the one audio device that I was using, and seemed to force the rom audio to play via the L/R speakers afterwards.

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 528 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?