The Addams Family (Bally 1992) V2 – G5K, Sliderpoint, 3rdAxis

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw
      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Thing flips.  Make sure you retain thing flips, there is an option at the top of the script. The timing is totally different on this table than the previous, especially with fast flips enabled.

Mine was missing badly until I retrained.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      g5k
      wrd1972
      Participant
        @wrd1972
        MembervipContributor

Late to the party as usual. Been busy all weekend with a local arcade expo. TAF is rocking for sure. So glad to see this one get brought up to date. Another showpiece table for the cab. Thanks. :good:

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

g5k
        Kach069
        Participant
          @kach069

Thing flips. Make sure you retain thing flips, there is an option at the top of the script. The timing is totally different on this table than the previous, especially with fast flips enabled.

Mine was missing badly until I retrained.

Never mind – i figured it out

ze-bob
          Participant
            @ze-bob

The game does cause micro stutter on my rig (i7 @ 4ghz and NVidia 980) however I noticed some microstutter in a few other tables lately…

I have the same issue with my lower setup, i think it’s “normal”, Core i7, GTX 1050Ti, 12Go RAM…Windows 10, no update for Windows and no Update for the GPU drivers (No Internet connection for my Pincab).
            All tables are smooth, if i play this one “TAF” i have a lot of stutters, i quit the table, open anotherone and so i can see some micro stutters on it.
            Perhaps a RAM issue, to slow, i don’t know.

BUT this TAF version is just ENORMOUS ! ! !

Thank you to all for this jewel of pinball.

____________________________________________________________________
            Pincab setup:
            Core i7 870 + 16Go RAM, GTX 1050Ti, Win10 Pro.

Skyrider
            Participant
              @skyrider

Thank you so much to everyone involved. This table looks and plays amazing. :-)

g5k
              Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

@sliderpoint Here you have a short video showing the ball stuck problem.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YqfVfBzB7aN9SGyg7

It was a semi hard shot. It looks like the ball crept up to the right before getting stuck. You might be able to see it in the video. The top of the ball seems to go through the ramp or something. I should add that it is not in the ball lane at this point. I did a shot around from the right side without hitting the ball. So it is isn’t in the way for a loop. I also did second shot into the lock and it was not hit either.

Oh. And to the guy you asked about the trainer. I didn’t know at that time that this was an option in the script. Just a change from 0 to 1 to make it active. Obviously some clever coding reuse from 3rdaxis and slydog ? :)

Crashes. I played this table it came out. Had no crashes all night 3-4 times starting from scratch. Today. All sorts of problems. But, very random. Tried random versions from 10.5 to current. Same problem. Extracted the script and changed the trainer param so it became a sidecar loading. Has in some cases been more stable that way. Didn’t help. Reboot, didn’t help either. Changed dmddevice.dll to mjr’s and it all of a sudden worked again. Most probably a coincidence. Did not tweak texture compression. Should have enough VRam using a 1080.

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

I had a ball that disappeared last night.  This is during multiball. Per the attached pic (look at those arrows!)

A) Shot the ball at the chair scoop, missed the chair

B) it deflected to the right, heading towards the swamp kickout

C) hit the post there and jumped over the swamp kickout and disappeared… never to be seen again

TAF ball disappeared

As well, I had some microstutter here and there but last night I moved the texture slider to 3072 (I think?) from “unlimited”.  Of course I got better performance, very smooth.  Anyway I moved the slider BACK to unlimited and the microstutter was still gone. The only thing I messed with was set the room darker (slider to the left under individual table options).  Surely that wouldn’t cause it to be smoother right? It still has to render all the frames, etc?  I doubled checked and quit and loaded VP and sure enough slider is still set to unlimited

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

All I can conclude from these reports are just one thing that we all know. VP has bugs :whistle:   B-)

ashleyb
                    Participant
                      @ashleyb

The game does cause micro stutter on my rig (i7 @ 4ghz and NVidia 980) however I noticed some microstutter in a few other tables lately…

I have the same issue with my lower setup, i think it’s “normal”, Core i7, GTX 1050Ti, 12Go RAM…Windows 10, no update for Windows and no Update for the GPU drivers (No Internet connection for my Pincab).

All tables are smooth, if i play this one “TAF” i have a lot of stutters, i quit the table, open anotherone and so i can see some micro stutters on it.

Perhaps a RAM issue, to slow, i don’t know.

BUT this TAF version is just ENORMOUS ! ! !

Thank you to all for this jewel of pinball.

Have you tried disabling playfield reflections in the table options?  The helped stutter on my cab with no obvious visual change.  Still looks amazing!

ze-bob
                      Participant
                        @ze-bob

Windows had lost the drivers of my GTX 1050Ti and came back with the “stock” Nvidia driver without any option, no connection to the Internet, no update possible, the joys of computing (tomorrow i will have a look inside the cab, maybe the card moved with the vibrations).
                        After reinstalling the driver it works much better, still a little bit laggy but it is very playable.

____________________________________________________________________
                        Pincab setup:
                        Core i7 870 + 16Go RAM, GTX 1050Ti, Win10 Pro.

Campa
                        Participant
                          @campa

Hi all!

i have some issues when i launch table via front-end: not compile errors, but Vpx doesn’t find the rom. Only via PinballX or PinUp.

instead  i have no problem if i play directly from Vpx.  :unsure:

any idea????

Thank you so much for this table!

Ciao! B-)

Kach069
                          Participant
                            @kach069

Hi all!

i have some issues when i launch table via front-end: not compile errors, but Vpx doesn’t find the rom. Only via PinballX or PinUp.

instead i have no problem if i play directly from Vpx. :unsure:

any idea????

Thank you so much for this table!

Ciao! B-)

Turn down ‘Max Texture Dimensions’ to 2048 in the VPX video settings.  That worked for me.

BradyB
                            Participant
                              @bbshift6

To help locate some issues, I wanted to share my experience that seems to be a pattern with others.

I can successfully launch TAF most of the time when launching from VPX itself (most recent beta version). Everything loads fine. Game will load, and the B2S backglass loads as it should. Occasionally with get a compile error, but not very often at all.

However, when launching from my frontend, PinballX, the B2S backglass nor b2s program will not load at all, and I get more often then not a compile error.

So issues seem to be worse when loading from a frontend.

jonathan1972
                              Participant
                                @jonathan1972

looks fantastic and plays great however the ball keeps getting stuck behind the right slingshot :(

something isn’t spaced right

outhere
                                  @outhere
                                  MemberContributorvipModerator

To help locate some issues, I wanted to share my experience that seems to be a pattern with others.

I can successfully launch TAF most of the time when launching from VPX itself (most recent beta version). Everything loads fine. Game will load, and the B2S backglass loads as it should. Occasionally with get a compile error, but not very often at all.

However, when launching from my frontend, PinballX, the B2S backglass nor b2s program will not load at all, and I get more often then not a compile error.

So issues seem to be worse when loading from a frontend.

————Same Here————–

ashleyb
                                  Participant
                                    @ashleyb

Tonight I have noticed that multiball doesn’t work for me when launching the table from pinballx, I only ever get a single ball in play when multiball is triggered.  But if I launch TAF directly from VPX multiball plays correctly.

Anyone else seen this?

outhere
                                      @outhere
                                      MemberContributorvipModerator

Your directb2s files need to match your table filename exactly

Try this Up-Date… — It worked for me

Check Bring BG Form to Top

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3882-can-anybody-test-this-file/?do=findComment&comment=42477

backGlass Bring BG Form to Top

Nate
                                      Participant
                                        @nkachelmeyer

What I have seen so far.

No disappearing balls. Played many games with multiballs.

Swamp ball loss only happened once and I was on earlier 10.6 beta when it happened.

Installed latest 10.6 beta and all scripts etc…Have not seen the swamp ball loss again after many games.

Everything runs smooth and even got the Thing Flips calibrated pretty good. Per rules Thing Flip on real machine typically around 40-60%. Humans 25%

http://pinball.org/rules/addamsfamily.html

I did have a stuck ball one time, the same as STAT. (see pic)

I have never received any loading errors in VPX or PinballX, but I always run Max Texture at 2048 as I run in 1080p, so no need to be higher.

Only issue I still have is when opening in PinballX (ver. 3.29) it takes a long time to load TAF and the loading screen takes focus and I have to click alt + tab to get the playfield to be the focus again. This only happens when running in force exclusive mode, which I do run it. This may be more of an issue with PinballX & loading a huge table as this is the only table that does this.

All in all it looks and plays fantastic. I still can’t get over what you guys are accomplishing with VPX. Keep it up and I look forward to the next one! Thank you again for all the amazing work.

TAF

3 screen mini-cab 23", 19", 10" - Win10(64bit) i7 2600 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 1060 6GB
                                        force exclusive fullscreen mode in 1080p

Sliderpoint
                                        Participant
                                          @sliderpoint
                                          MemberContributor

V2.1 update.  See changelog for details.

-Mike

Slydog43
                                          Participant
                                            @slydog43

Thanks Mike for truely a masterpiece.  I can get so lost in playing this table on the PinCab, feels so real.  After a few beers its kinda hard to tell the difference from my Real Table and this one, incredible Job!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 528 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?