The Avenger VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    DJRobX
      @djrobx
      MemberModerator

I’ve made an update to this table to have the tesseract spin smoothly when hit. The current code is based on a VP9 TOTAN table, with the black rubber posts that turn on and off to simulate motion. HauntFreaks created a primitive of the rubber post, which allows me to hide the VP posts, and spin the whole thing smoothly. I also fixed the collision code as mentioned earlier. I’ve sent my mod to Diemonik. He can either update his table, or if he allows I will share a link to it.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      wrd1972
      Participant
        @wrd1972
        MembervipContributor

From the download description:

“PLAYERS NOTE (for 2.8 or greater):

To align with official VPinMAME set naming from driver.c, the following were renamed:

Iron Man & Iron Man Vault Edition im2 -> im
        X-Men xmen -> xmn
        The Avengers avg -> avs
        This will also require renaming the rom in VP table scripts”

Are you sure that you are using a rom set named avs_170? Are you sure that the bin file inside the zip is named avs_170? Are you sure the rom set in the script is named avs_170?

Yep that stuff is in place properly. SHit I dont know. :)
        Will eventually figure it out.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Thanks for the update!

ben
          Participant
            @tekos

Hi all, thanx for this good table.

Wrd 1972: I had the same problem with stern site rom, i took rom to vpu and now it works.  Sorry for english.

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Great now with the smooth Rotation :good:

Mark70
              Participant
                @mark70

Great now with the smooth Rotation :good:

I came back to say the same, super smooth now, a great improvement. Top table – thanks to all involved!

wrd1972
                Participant
                  @wrd1972
                  MembervipContributor

Okay its finally working. Using gamename AVG_170 did the trick. Maybe I misunderstood, but if you have PinMAME 2.8, it needed to change to AVS_170. I am running 2.8 and it did not like AVS. Oh well…were good to go.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

CarnyPriest
                  Participant
                    @carnypriest

Okay its finally working. Using gamename AVG_170 did the trick. Maybe I misunderstood, but if you have PinMAME 2.8, it needed to change to AVS_170. I am running 2.8 and it did not like AVS. Oh well…were good to go.

That’s weird. Are you sure that you are running 2.8? Do you re-register (Install button on setup.exe) when you copy the dll to your VPM installation? Those file name changes for Avengers, IronMan, and X-Men. were done months before the 2.8 cycle completed.

Besides you should be using 2.9 by now. It’s been out for a couple of weeks with no issues reported. It is stable and up to date with the official VPM release.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Sounds like you don’t have the latest 2.9 release from VPU.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

What can I say. Just tried myself. Crashed on first run, then played nicely with the color 168 rom.

soulpuppie
                        Participant
                          @mystereojones

Error on Line 87 and 227: Object required ‘Controller’

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

Error on Line 87 and 227: Object required ‘Controller’

what rom you using??  if you have    avs_170
                            search for this in the script
                            Const cGameName = “avs_170c”   <—-remove the c

TNT2
                            Participant
                              @tnt2

Are you playing in desktop mode? If so you have to change the controller to 1 (VpinMAME).

HooterMcDabbin
                              Participant
                                @hootermcdabbin

did you ever get this solved? its driving me nuts

32assassin
                                Participant
                                  @32assassin

thank you for this,

I”m sure their is other people out their,  but I don’t want to manually switch the controller for my VPX tables.

I decided to rebuild the code,  I was going to post a link to the rebuilt code,  but I had to replace and add multiple objects to your table.

stuff I changed

• copied all the objects to a 10.3 VPX template

-rebuild the code

-since I rebuilt the table on a default table template, the VPX audio settings where added

-rebuild materials.

-added animated slingshots

-your lights on the Loki plastic need to be changed from light objects to Flashers,  this is because Lights on vertical objects don’t look good.  Same goes for your Domes mounted on the backwall.

-replaced multiple walls that where being used as posts with primitives.

-replaced your Dome primitives,  I used JPs  light code to swap  (ON/OFF) images.  it was easier for me to replace them then to make new images for the primitives you where using.

-added primitives cab and images for DT users.

many more changes.

I did not get a chance to fully test this,  but I can’t think of anything that would break with the code update , since the only major change I made was to the light routines.

calling it version 2.0

https://mega.nz/#!RsUQgA5Z!7QX4OYQ7ieBbVUCXLbYOcdUL8z7TPFapFY8X-kYnmLE

edit

I forgot to mention this but the VP9 table has reference to

Light 40

Light 56

Light 58

Light 59

Solenoid 19  –>  right flasher

this objects whee not found on your table. and I could only find the LE service manual,  I don’t know what they map to.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

HauntFreaks
                                    @hauntfreaks
                                    vipContributorMember

assassin

thanks for adding the modern code…. plays real nice…

but the tesseract is locked in place… the most recent code for a smooth rotating tesseract  was done by DJrob maybe something got turned off or whatever

32assassin
                                    Participant
                                      @32assassin

I had a similar problem in the past with other tables.

when you copy an animation that is based on collections.

I’m not sure what the problem is, because I imported all the changes I made to diemoniks table

not counting the objects found on the collections

colLampPoles

colLampPoles2

and the tesseract spins, but it wouldn’t spin on my table, even after I re arrange the collection lists to match the original table.

here is a version with a spinning tesseract

https://mega.nz/#!k8d11IYD!gEz0QhMDGcGs6j4Gl_xHIJMNUEiH_QDjv1lLHWepT-Q

bord
                                        @bord
                                        MembervipContributorModerator

Looking good. Lots of valuable upgrades from 32a.

Line 491 is throwing an error for me: RandomSoundRubberLowVolume()

HauntFreaks
                                          @hauntfreaks
                                          vipContributorMember

Looking good. Lots of valuable upgrades from 32a. Line 491 is throwing an error for me: RandomSoundRubberLowVolume()

same here…

Capture

Attachments:
                                          32assassin
                                          Participant
                                            @32assassin

I just got that too, change it to

RandomSoundRubber()

or you can ad the custom low volume function

Sub RandomSoundRubberLowVolume()
                                            Select Case Int(Rnd*3)+1
                                            Case 1 : PlaySound “rubber_hit_1_low”
                                            Case 2 : PlaySound “rubber_hit_2_low”
                                            Case 3 : PlaySound “rubber_hit_3_low”
                                            End Select
                                            End Sub

you will need to import the 3 low volume sounds.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?